IGNORED

Patson Daka

• 2 years later...

This link is getting a positive response from many who I follow on Twitter - can’t say I’ve taken much notice of him personally. Fast, big and strong - ‘Dyche-type’ striker who we’d tracked previously before his move to Leicester - when he was a very highly rated prospect.

This is the market we are operating in.  I think he would make a smart buy.

Works his plums off and presses really well. Bit rough round the edges but he can play across the front 3.  

he’s still very young I think and is quick and strong. He would suit us if we go long and if he doesn’t win the ball he will press the opposition in their own half. 

Player doesn't quite perform in his first season in the Premier League... that's never happened before.

We were after him before he went to Leicester so we obviously saw something in him and still think it's there to be unlocked.

I'd rather him than Iheanacho because I think he's got more attributes to his game if he can reach the potential we see in him.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Player doesn't quite perform in his first season in the Premier League... that's never happened before.

We were after him before he went to Leicester so we obviously saw something in him and still think it's there to be unlocked.

I'd rather him than Iheanacho because I think he's got more attributes to his game if he can reach the potential we see in him.

I recall last season and his pace and mobility standing out.   Got loads of super scouts on twitter poo pooing his goal return as if we have the money to go out and buy Alvarez from city….. 

for me one of our biggest issues is the inability to stretch defenders and without dcl we have no outball. This lad will chase all day long and will stop opposing teams playing out.   Not too dissimilar to Marcus Bent. 

we ain’t gonna be playing total footy. He could be a very smart signing. 

Of all the Leicester strikers he’s the more appealing. 
Nacho doesn’t stretch a defence, he’s more the drop off the front type player. 
Daka has pace, which is what we are in dire need of. 
Not sure he quite knows how to use it against PL defenders but to see a striker pressing and forcing mistakes (or trying to) would make a welcome change, and then also gives the quick transition as an option.

He’s not great, but nor are we 😂

if he is not scoring and not getting in the starting 11 much. On the bench for their opening championship game. You would like to think Leicester would be happy to get him off their books fairly sharpish - (saying he is on £75k week) and just get as much of their initial fee back as they can.

Like people have said his all round game is decent enough and has the right attributes. A £15M striker? given EPL goal return?

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Scored quite regularly for a bench player. 

Too many fans are obsessed by goal stats, yes if you have a player like maupay who can’t offer an element of physicality or creativity then you need him to score goals to justify inclusion.

There’s been quite a few strikers in the prem who are low goal scorers but make a huge difference to the team.  Firminho, Richarlison, DCL, Giroud…. They improve their team. Simple as that. 

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Does anyone?

Well we keep buying shite, so maybe scouts need to pay attention as I could save them some time and money! 😛

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

This is now his 3rd season at Leicester.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Scored quite regularly for a bench player. 

I think there is also the counter argument to this in that sometimes bench players can have more impressive stats because of the situation they end up playing in.

My view is that you just need to look at the individual player and if there is a reason he isn't scoring goals or getting on the end of chances and why that reason is, more than a record they have. To contradict myself slightly, it is a bit of a red flag that he played in an attacking, creative team and didn't do a massive amount when he had his chances. Despite having a fair few starts, he rarely played 90 minutes, which is also a strange one.

Rodgers seemed to have him behind Vardy but ahead of Iheanacho in the pecking order and the RedBull teams are generally very smart when it comes to recruitment themselves.

I haven't looked at him as a player very closely, but as I said before he has just never stood out to me when I have watched Leicester and he has been on the pitch.

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Too many fans are obsessed by goal stats, yes if you have a player like maupay who can’t offer an element of physicality or creativity then you need him to score goals to justify inclusion.

There’s been quite a few strikers in the prem who are low goal scorers but make a huge difference to the team.  Firminho, Richarlison, DCL, Giroud…. They improve their team. Simple as that. 

Marcus Bent

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Funny enough I said Marcus bent in my previous post. 

We’ve lacked a Marcus Bent or Steven Naismith for far too long… we need these types desperately. They were never in anyone’s best 11 at the start of the season but played most games and gave a solid 7/10 - I’d probably put Osman and Kilbane in the same bracket.

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Chelsea forums weren’t particularly positive about Salah. Around the same as as Daka when he managed to tighten up his game to go with pace. 

I imagine there were some on those same forums who weren’t overwhelmed by Lukaku, De Bruyne etc.. as well. 

Just have to trust our people to make good decisions with our incoming transfers. A big ask, I know 

28 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I imagine there were some on those same forums who weren’t overwhelmed by Lukaku, De Bruyne etc.. as well. 

Just have to trust our people to make good decisions with our incoming transfers. A big ask, I know 

I’m not saying he would be great, but he has raw ingredients to suggest he can do an important job for us.  Our lack of pace and mobility across the front was appalling.