IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Monday 12 April

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Holgate is doing OK keeping it simple. 

Agreed, only problem is, James seems to want to be playing up top with Richy, which means the only person who can really play a clever final ball or create some space in the final third and get the ball up to Richy and James is Gylfi. 

Basically, we have no means of getting Richy and James into good positions in front of goal.

Right there for example, Digne's cross in that was blocked? The only two players near goal were Coleman and Davies. Not gonna score with those lot poaching goals

I'm going to be honest if you told me that I had to write down what happened in that half for £100,000 I'd struggle. I'm usually glued to the screen with Everton but that was something else - ended up pottering round the kitchen for a good 5 minutes of that. 

So pedestrian it hurts, you can just tell this is a nailed on 0-0 unless someone nicks a scrappy goal. 

14 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Absolutely wild to me that our depth is so shit that we have to set up with 6 defenders against Brighton.

Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Davies is pretty good central midfield depth to be fair - it’s been our problem all season, we can’t get a consistent trio or even partnership - such a shame as points wise, we’re not far off top 4.