IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

13 hours ago, c1982 said:

The players and the managers of these clubs are likely to get a huge slice of the billions on offer from a ‘Super League’ so they may not feel as strongly about it as us fans.

But doesn't mean they shouldn't have the opportunity to speak up. Chances of any of them going against their employers openly let alone giving up even more money is unlikely, but they should at least get given the chance.

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

It's American corporate greed run rampant. I stumbled my way into an elite university's law school in the states this year in my nearing mid-life (got tired of being drunk all the time behind the bar) and I've finally seen what the other side truly believes. My casebook for my business law class argues that insider trading is a good thing and I've learned that not only do American courts appear to protect shareholder interests (as I thought before entering law school)—it's actually the fucking law that shareholder interests are the only thing that matters and that directors of a corporation cannot make decisions that don't benefit shareholders even for humanitarian reasons.

We can't blame this on the footballers. The players themselves are still mere peons compared to the owners. This is just what pure capitalism does. I'll welcome all the supporters—even the shite supporters—who abandon their clubs over this.

Congratulations mate on making such a big, positive change for yourself

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Mourinho "sacked" this morning. But a lot of speculation it's all due to him being set against this bullshit.

If so, I'll respect him a lot more and I hope he comes out and says if that is what has happened.

Nah. He's got very little morals like that but he will no doubt use it to distract from the real reason.

Someone reckons it's cos of something going on in Germany and they can get nagelsmann

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Nah. He's got very little morals like that but he will no doubt use it to distract from the real reason.

Someone reckons it's cos of something going on in Germany and they can get nagelsmann

It's been rumoured that Spurs' main target if they sack Mourinho is Nagelsmann, who is currently managing Red Bull Leipzig. With Flick resigning from Bayern yesterday (effective at the end of the season) to move to the German NT it seems as though this may have accelerated the process and forced Levy's hand.

I'd like Mourinho to have been fired because he's refused to work in the ESL and told the club where the shove their plans, but expect it's just down to how poor they have been and how much discontent is currently surrounding the club. 

Edit: Not confirmed, but rumours that Mourinho refused to take the players out to train in protest against the ESL.

44 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not confirmed, but rumours that Mourinho refused to take the players out to train in protest against the ESL.

As much as he’s a hated figure with a lot of fans I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he did something along those lines, he’s a principled man who would stand by his own principles even if they don’t meet the standards of others, so if this does have some truth in it then fair play. 

4 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Funny how there is no sign of carra on the media he represents, no opinion on this then, the biggest news i football, for many a year, Gary Nev did not hide.

Carragher has said something actually.

And he'll be on MNF tonight with Neville where I imagine there will be fireworks galore.

Morgan Stanley are putting up around 4 billion to get this off the ground, so they are the company that any decent fans need to dissociate themselves from, in the way of credit cards or any other types of finance. 

Also I read an article that 10,000 Liverpool supporters were asked on line for their opinions and nearly all condemned the move, if true then credit to them it show’s fans are more sportsman like than some of their team’s. 

28 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Carragher has said something actually.

And he'll be on MNF tonight with Neville where I imagine there will be fireworks galore.

Ok i must have missed that, but having watched ssn for 4 hours this morning, no sign of Carra.

44 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

Funny how there is no sign of carra on the media he represents, no opinion on this then, the biggest news i football, for many a year, Gary Nev did not hide.

https://www.beinsports.com/en/football/news/european-super-league-carragher-brands-live-1/1672658

Better link if you can get through the shitshow of ads

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1424917/Liverpool-news-Jamie-Carragher-FSG-European-Super-League-betrayal

i have a feeling it's the ESL clubs testing the waters.  If the leagues/UEFA take action against them, they'll know it's not possible and will give it up. But currently with the FA and UEFA doing Fuck all they are probably thinking we grease some more hands and pay off some more here and there and we are in.  GROW A PAIR FA, ban the fuckers, drop points, DO SOMETHING

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

I can’t see it happening but at the same time it’s an absolute disgrace they’re even at this point. How can they do this to their own fan base? Still while there is uncertainty I doubt we’ll break ground at Bramley. 

The same way massive companies cam twist governments to make exceptions. Money. 

If the premier league ban them from both cups and the Premier league, on the understanding that you will never be accepted back into the league if it all goes wrong, I can't see it happening.

On the other hand if it does happen all the other clubs in the Prem and the lower leagues will be very pleased. Six clubs from each league promoted and we will stand a good chance of being League champions. 👍 👍  bring it on. 😀

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't see how it doesn't go ahead. Why go through all this only to pull the plug.

Like others, I think this development is outrageous.  So I admit to being desperate to think of what can stop it.  Best I can tell this early, the answers are: (1) EPL kicking them out; (2) FIFA barring players from World Cup; (3) fans of traitorous clubs saying No.  Will any/all of these things happen?

SAF comments on it, mentions everton

“Talk of a Super League is a move away from 70 years of European club football. Both as a player for a provincial team Dunfermline in the 60s and as a manager at Aberdeen winning the European Cup Winners’ Cup, for a small provincial club in Scotland it was like climbing Mount Everest,” Ferguson told the Reuters news agency. “Everton are spending £500 million to build a new stadium with the ambition to play in Champions League. Fans all over love the competition as it is,” he said.