IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

All the clubs involved should be punished by the PL (or Seria A and La Liga) and UEFA and show them a few individual clubs can't bully European football. 

These 12 or so teams are not going to break away from Prem or UEFA and only just play each other for evermore.

These clubs are basically angling for the CL format to be changed so that it mean that if these selected teams miss the usual qualification route, they get in though a back door every season. They can commit to big wages etc safe in the knowledge they would get the CL money season after season. You can't have one rule for 'rich' teams and then different rules for another team - it's fooking cheating.

If a club is at risk of a ban from European football for a period of time if they breach of FFP rules, what penalty should clubs be given for colluding behind their individual domestic leagues and UEFA's back's purely for what is financial protectionism to the detriment to their leagues and all the other clubs within as well as football in general?

These greedy club owners need to be hit where it hurts the most, by those who have the power to do so. Some clubs should be embarrassed by this. 

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Like others, I think this development is outrageous.  So I admit to being desperate to think of what can stop it.  Best I can tell this early, the answers are: (1) EPL kicking them out; (2) FIFA barring players from World Cup; (3) fans of traitorous clubs saying No.  Will any/all of these things happen?

This is it. Will these things actually happen. They might be suggesting it but the Premier League are there just to line their own pockets as well and kicking out those 6 clubs will lose them a lot of money. 

Likewise I am not entirely sure how international sides can be stopped from picking these players. Some countries did a similar thing in rugby union but would that really happen in football? I have my doubts.

45 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

All the clubs involved should be punished by the PL (or Seria A and La Liga) and UEFA and show them a few individual clubs can't bully European football. 

These 12 or so teams are not going to break away from Prem or UEFA and only just play each other for evermore.

These clubs are basically angling for the CL format to be changed so that it mean that if these selected teams miss the usual qualification route, they get in though a back door every season. They can commit to big wages etc safe in the knowledge they would get the CL money season after season. You can't have one rule for 'rich' teams and then different rules for another team - it's fooking cheating.

If a club is at risk of a ban from European football for a period of time if they breach of FFP rules, what penalty should clubs be given for colluding behind their individual domestic leagues and UEFA's back's purely for what is financial protectionism to the detriment to their leagues and all the other clubs within as well as football in general?

These greedy club owners need to be hit where it hurts the most, by those who have the power to do so. Some clubs should be embarrassed by this. 

I think the middle paragraph hits the nail on the head. It is posturing to protect their position in the current format, which lets be honest is equally as bad. 

I also think as a sport the governing bodies need to pull their heads out of their arses. Whilst the Premier League and Champions League are meritocracies the reality is very different. If you look at the last 10 years in the UCL the same teams will be there year after year enjoying the financial benefits that come with it. Its the same with the EPL. Yes teams go up and down but aside from clubs who are financially mismanaged, the core group of teams doesnt change and whilst a top side may have a short period in the duldrums, they do get back there in a couple of years time. FFP is another way of keeping the smaller clubs down too whilst protecting the financially powerful sides. 

In some ways at least these lot have the balls to call it what it is. 

If the so breakaway six's stocks are going up you can bet our 'stock' has just gone down. We are about to embark on raising significant funds for a new stadium, and this potential massive financial bombshell drops!!! for sure it will be harder this week than it was last week to sell the Everton dream to investors. Whatever happens, some big waves have been caused in the pond of football finances. 

There are a couple of things about this new league that I dont think have been thought through. 

1. There are going to be a lot of dead rubber games. If only the top 3 from a league of 10 count then once you are out of it then it becomes nothing more than an inconvenience. I can foresee a games having a pre-season feeling. 

2. There are 6 English sides. Presumably they will be automatically split up but even so that is a fair few games against the same old sides. If it is random, you could have 6 out of 10 sides playing from the Premier League. I would guess one of the other invites might come to the Premier League too which would make it worse.

No doubt there are countless others as well.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

There are a couple of things about this new league that I dont think have been thought through. 

1. There are going to be a lot of dead rubber games. If only the top 3 from a league of 10 count then once you are out of it then it becomes nothing more than an inconvenience. I can foresee a games having a pre-season feeling. 

2. There are 6 English sides. Presumably they will be automatically split up but even so that is a fair few games against the same old sides. If it is random, you could have 6 out of 10 sides playing from the Premier League. I would guess one of the other invites might come to the Premier League too which would make it worse.

No doubt there are countless others as well.

But the owners the money men they don’t care about what a meaningless boring circus they are creating, they don’t care about the fans, they just want take as much money out of the game as they can in their lifetime, they have no real emotional feelings to the clubs they have bought or there history or there fans, it’s € $ and £ signs that interest them and they are using football as a means to achieve it. 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

I can’t see it happening but at the same time it’s an absolute disgrace they’re even at this point. How can they do this to their own fan base? Still while there is uncertainty I doubt we’ll break ground at Bramley. 

Because they don't give a shit about real fans, the supporters who have got the clubs where they are today. Wipe out history (it seems to be the 'thing' now) it's all about the money. Been hopping mad all day.

Every league in Europe needs to act now they need to show that they mean business and make the decisions to severely punish them, by taking points of them or even better demotion to a lower league, then if they carry on to form their shit league they should be expelled from the leagues in their countries and be removed from European football as we know it. Also no club not in their league should be allowed to sell players to them or buy players from them, and when their league fails they will not be allowed to rejoin their current associations and leagues, until all owners and directors who were part of them when they left no longer have any association with the clubs. 

Wonder how this goes with player contracts, as well as transfer agreements. 

I imagine a lot have trigger clauses around qualification and games played in the Europa and Champs league (as well as premier league games, assuming they're kicked out of there).

At what point do contracts get voided, or sued over for transfer clauses.

5 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

Because they don't give a shit about real fans, the supporters who have got the clubs where they are today. Wipe out history (it seems to be the 'thing' now) it's all about the money. Been hopping mad all day.

It was a rhetorical question. I know the answer as do we all it was to point out the very fabric that they just clearly don’t understand or if they do just blatantly don’t care for. The thing is the fans do have the power. If no one watches it doesn’t work. 

This is so grim, even the fans, the players, and the managers of this 'dirty dozen' clubs are against it, and happy to voice their contempt - a concept that has no legitimate support from anybody in football.  Purely driven by a handful of greedy club owners and their accountants, nothing to do with football and everything to do with a hand full of extremely rich people getting richer from 'hobby' football club ownership - how much personal wealth do these people want? These owners are selling the soles of these clubs. 

Hopefully, the backlash will put off the other three 'chosen' clubs from signing up to this. I also would like to think the other five clubs they plan to annually invite all show solidarity and tell the super league to stick those token places where the sun don't shine. I wouldn't want to see Everton or any other club to legitimising this competition.

How interesting could a 'closed' league of 12 teams really be long term? especially for your true fans, born of generations of tradition. It will be Las Vegas type football, for football tourists to enjoy; either beamed direct to your TV in Asia or  to some other far flung corner of the planet, or getting yourself to a bucket list game. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Actually I'm all for it. We won the last Derby, we have eternal bragging rights :D

We also won the very first derby 😛 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

James Milner on Sky being open and saying he doesn’t want it. Hopefully he’s one of many. Credit to Klopp for his comments too. 

Credit to Klopp for his comments before the match, but he was a bumbling cunt after the game attacking Neville and deflecting, deflecting, deflecting. The mask slips with a lot more regularity these days. 

6 minutes ago, barryj said:

It was a rhetorical question. I know the answer as do we all it was to point out the very fabric that they just clearly don’t understand or if they do just blatantly don’t care for. The thing is the fans do have the power. If no one watches it doesn’t work. 

problem is most of these teams have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tourist fans all over the world, who are interested in headline game after headline game and will just lap it up. These owners don't care if the revenue comes from a bloke in Manchester or a fella in Beijing. 

7 hours ago, RuffRob said:

problem is most of these teams have hundreds of thousands, if not millions of tourist fans all over the world, who are interested in headline game after headline game and will just lap it up. These owners don't care if the revenue comes from a bloke in Manchester or a fella in Beijing. 

Very true they don’t care who pays to watch,  Asia and the Pacific countries will be their biggest market, then in a couple of years it wouldn’t surprise me if they invite a team from the Chinese league.