IGNORED

Bullshit Greed League (aka ESL)

Give the magnitude of backlash so far, from fans up to governments, I can't now see this taking off. But even if it does go away at the very least I would like to see these 12 clubs punished in some way. Even if they can't be docked points or be banned, maybe dump that new CL set up where teams can qualify based on so coefficient based on past performances, that pretty much is just an advantage for these 12 team already - they just want even more, greedy bastards!!!

I think from the tone of the Everton statement - there will be a strong collective response from the PL clubs following the meeting of the remaining 14.They know they have pretty much everybody's support behind them. 

Together, they have enough votes to carry PL notions through, they do not need any of the top six teams at the table to make changes the 14 see fit.  When it comes to the PL (in which the top 6 will still want to remain) the remaining 14 are far more powerful than the 6. The 14 have just become a lot more galvanised against them.

Spanish and Italians Leagues are not going to take this lying down either - the teams involvement in a super league from one of the country will flinch and bottle it, and it all then crumbles. Governments, never mind the FA or PL (and there foreign equivalents) will get involved in what is now looking like national outcry against what is happening to their national game.

My hope is now that all this massively backfires on these greedy 'owners' of the 12 and reforms will be brought in. Everybody seems united in standing up against them!! 

Be great if the league had big enough bollocks and kicks them out and bans their owners from buying any other clubs. Apart from Man city none of them would be a great loss football wise, the other 5 wouldn't even be top 6 half the time it only for referees bias. The league would be more competitive and less corrupt without them. 

Let them create their own league and when it goes to pot force them to start from the bottom.

3 minutes ago, barryj said:

I just wish Moshiri wasn’t sucked in to interviews like this mornings with his buddy Jim White. I thought the statement the club put out was perfect and that should have been left as that.

Oh no, did he really?

9 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thanks pete, i agree with what moshiri said, sounds good.  i hope other owners call for points deductions as well.

I listened to it and it wasn’t. It doesn’t need to be done in my opinion. There statement was thoughtful and well articulated. It should have been left at that. Talking about punishment and points deduction for me takes the focus away from the real issue and can divide fans. 

13 hours ago, barryj said:

It was a rhetorical question. I know the answer as do we all it was to point out the very fabric that they just clearly don’t understand or if they do just blatantly don’t care for. The thing is the fans do have the power. If no one watches it doesn’t work. 

The number of fans attending in person is almost irrelevant. The real money comes from TV contracts, and that's largely supported by advertising. To really make a difference, everyone needs to boycott any company that plans on advertising during televised games.

I'm not really sure on what legal footing they can deduct points or kick teams out of competitions. These 12 clubs wouldn't have announced it at this stage of the season if they thought they would be in any trouble. They can afford the most expensive lawyers in the world after all. At the risk of being sued, these clubs won't be kicked out of the competitions or deducted points at this stage until the waters are tested through the Courts. If the EFL / PL lost a case like that it would only serve to mean less money to the teams it is trying to protect.

As far as I can see the Premier League rule book stops clubs entering or playing in a competition such as the ESL. The ESL have only stated they have "agreed to establish a new mid-week competition". There appears to be no rule about establishing new competitions. If these 6 teams then want to enter the Premier League next season, that is where the problems may arise. Will the Premier League really want to kick out those 6 clubs? Will the other sides want to kick out those 6 clubs knowing that it will almost certainly affect their own revenues?

There is so much at play for all of these clubs at the moment.

The more I think on this from a financial perspective, I'm guessing that the owners (all foreign, of course) signed up for this scheme in collaboration with a handful of broadcasters and the major betting companies. It's an unfortunate fact that every Premier League team, bar one the last time I checked, is sponsored by these betting companies. They wield too much power, and they could begin to make threats. I hope, as a team, we have the guts to make any such threats public and use the opportunity to clean house of them and their conflicts of interest.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not really sure on what legal footing they can deduct points or kick teams out of competitions. These 12 clubs wouldn't have announced it at this stage of the season if they thought they would be in any trouble. They can afford the most expensive lawyers in the world after all. At the risk of being sued, these clubs won't be kicked out of the competitions or deducted points at this stage until the waters are tested through the Courts. If the EFL / PL lost a case like that it would only serve to mean less money to the teams it is trying to protect.

As far as I can see the Premier League rule book stops clubs entering or playing in a competition such as the ESL. The ESL have only stated they have "agreed to establish a new mid-week competition". There appears to be no rule about establishing new competitions. If these 6 teams then want to enter the Premier League next season, that is where the problems may arise. Will the Premier League really want to kick out those 6 clubs? Will the other sides want to kick out those 6 clubs knowing that it will almost certainly affect their own revenues?

There is so much at play for all of these clubs at the moment.

Bringing the game into disrepute. Bernardo Silva got a one match ban for making a joke with a teammate that could be deemed as offensive. What the snakey 6 has done has offended nearly every football fan.

59 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The number of fans attending in person is almost irrelevant. The real money comes from TV contracts, and that's largely supported by advertising. To really make a difference, everyone needs to boycott any company that plans on advertising during televised games.

Unfortunately this is exactly the point and exactly the reason these 6 will plough ahead regardless. 

Proud of our clubs response first and foremost. As ever we are leaders when it comes to integrity and putting the public first.

However, i don’t see Fifa, UEFA or the fa really doing anything to punish these 6 teams apart from a big fine that only lines their pockets. Football has been corrupt for a long long time. The fa will never punish these 6 teams to an extent that keeps them out of Europe, let alone threaten them with relegation.