IGNORED

Who Would You Like to be Sold in the Summer 21’ Window?

Who to Sell in Summer 21’?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you happily sell this summer?

Ancelotti’s said a few times that there won’t be wholesale changes  - we will see but who would you happily get rid of?

*With the poll limited to 20 options, I’ve missed some fringe youngsters and Kenny (on the basis that he’s clearly not going to be here beyond the summer window).

Pick as many as you would happily get rid of.

The ones I want rid of more than any others are Gomes and Sigurdsson as they are 2 players who are getting so much game time and both are painfully slow! Pace, strength and energy/desire should be key components of any signing this summer.

3 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can’t believe Coleman, and to a lesser extent Richarlison, have got votes. 
How anyone can vote for Coleman baffles me. More than anyone else in the squad I want to see that man with a trophy in his hands. There is no one in the team it would mean more to than him. Maybe im getting soft.  

Richarlison's value is higher than it should be. Sell him and bring in Buendia and have a better player and more money to spend.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

Richarlison's value is higher than it should be. Sell him and bring in Buendia and have a better player and more money to spend.

Why would you think a team would pay us so much for a player if he’s not that good?

Why would they not just buy Buendia if he is better than him for less money?

40 minutes ago, StevO said:

Why would you think a team would pay us so much for a player if he’s not that good?

Why would they not just buy Buendia if he is better than him for less money?

Didn't say he wasn't any good. I said Buendia is better.

They'll pay a premium as he's a Brazilian international.

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Didn't say he wasn't any good. I said Buendia is better.

They'll pay a premium as he's a Brazilian international.

But if Bunedia is better and cheaper wouldn’t a team who fancied Richarlison just buy him instead?

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

But if Bunedia is better and cheaper wouldn’t a team who fancied Richarlison just buy him instead?

How many players have Barca signed from the championship? They're hardly renown for their scouting, and with the £120m on Coutinho they're not exactly great when it comes to getting value for money either.

Wow ..... That was an exercise in realising what a shit squad we've got.  

Actually quite scary. Yeah I voted to sell Coleman too.  Sorry but the culture of the team needs to change and he's been part of a weak spirited side.  

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Actually quite scary. Yeah I voted to sell Coleman too.  Sorry but the culture of the team needs to change and he's been part of a weak spirited side.  

As we have struggled to even get a decent back up right back for the last few years, getting two new right backs would be a nightmare. 

It will be a funny old transfer market this season given the finances in world football - sounds like some big teams are going to be working hard to off load some big name players. It is not going to be a great year to offload any players who have not been performing for any sort of decent fees. 

My guess the market might be flooded with 'free transfers' (or vastly reduced transfer fees) of players that clubs might just want off their wage bill.  If this does happen, then who is going to  decent money for players who have not been setting the world on fire. 

I am a big Buendia fan, and would have liked him to have come here at the beginning of this season. But he is going to be one player who is going to be a premium price this summer. If there is a bit of a fire sale going on in world football - is this the summer to be spending big on the summers hottest players? will there be lots of James type deals available I wonder. 

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

As we have struggled to even get a decent back up right back for the last few years, getting two new right backs would be a nightmare. 

Yeah I could be pursuaded that Coleman needs to stay but if I'm honest I don't know if he is a true leader or actually part of the problem.

When I say part of the problem.... I mean that he acts the part and says all the expected things after a loss but I don't really buy it.  I want a bonafide leader - dare I say it someone like a Jordan Henderson.  He literally takes no shit at all. 

I didn't actually vote for too many players. That isn't to say I would like to see us gradually replace a few of those players but some of them have a part to play. For example, Coleman is going to be an able back up, Siggy and play a part in the squad for a handful of games here and there until his contract runs out and I also quite like Bernard coming in for certain situations, which could be particularly useful should we get into Europe.

The ones I would actively sell are Holgate (likely to still fetch a decent price), Delph (not reasoning required) and JPG (not that anyone would sign him). If a decent enough offer came in, I would sell Iwobi but I would like to see him on the left before I did.

In order of who I’d most like to sell:

Delph, liability on the pitch which is very rare ( thankfully)

Bernard too lightweight for the PL

Iwobi, runs sideways and can’t cross a ball

Kean doesn’t want to be here, and never did by the looks of it

Mina injury prone and scary to watch

I would keep Holgate as a squad player can play a number of positions, I’m on the fence with Gylfi and Gomes, as a paring far too slow, with more athletic partner they have decent skills.

If we could bring in the player Btay lists we could be a real threat next season.

21 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Well that’s depressing , I’ve ended up with an 8 man squad !

19 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I kept clicking and clicking… not a good sign. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Actually quite scary.

I thought that may have been the case for many- that’s without Kenny and Tosun on the list and without factoring in the high earners Bolasie and Walcott (and Besic) who will also be leaving this summer.

This squad has been mismanaged for far too long - time for a proper long term plan/stability in the management.