IGNORED

Simon Davies

Try the link again: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ton/6036561.stm

But then change the 'E' in Everton to a lower case 'e'. For some reason it keeps making it upper case when you put it on here.

I think he's a cheeky get. He played plenty of games last seaon, rarely played well, and is on the bench for a team that's fifth in the table. And then he says "Everton are using two or three holding players in midfield, but I'm not going to question the manager". Well by just saying that he IS questioning the manager.

Edited by comeonblueboys

I agree, he is better than what we saw of him last season.

He's not had his chance yet this season, but I would say that when he does get his chance - he is going to have to make a better impression than he did last season and take grab it with both hands. I agree he wasn't bad at all against Watford, and maybe a bit unluck to be dropped. A decent run in the side may see him shine - but with Arteta playing in 'his' position he has got to oust a decent player to get a place in the starting line up. (he is not going to take Cahills, Neville or Carsleys place as they have different roles in the team)

Thing is he is a decent player, and unless you can get a better replacement for £2M then what is the point in selling in January.

In a way its perhaps a good indicator of where our current squad is at the moment if when everybody is fit, Simon Davies is struggling to get on the bench never mind the starting 11.

Two or three years ago - his name may have been one of the first midfeilders on the team sheet.

I like to think that him not starting is more becasue we have some other decent players ahead of him rather than Davies being rubbish.

A season is a long old haul and I would think he will get his chance.

I agree, he is better than what we saw of him last season.

He's not had his chance yet this season, but I would say that when he does get his chance - he is going to have to make a better impression than he did last season and take grab it with both hands. I agree he wasn't bad at all against Watford, and maybe a bit unluck to be dropped. A decent run in the side may see him shine - but with Arteta playing in 'his' position he has got to oust a decent player to get a place in the starting line up. (he is not going to take Cahills, Neville or Carsleys place as they have different roles in the team)

Thing is he is a decent player, and unless you can get a better replacement for £2M then what is the point in selling in January.

In a way its perhaps a good indicator of where our current squad is at the moment if when everybody is fit, Simon Davies is struggling to get on the bench never mind the starting 11.

Two or three years ago - his name may have been one of the first midfeilders on the team sheet.

I like to think that him not starting is more becasue we have some other decent players ahead of him rather than Davies being rubbish.

A season is a long old haul and I would think he will get his chance.

Totally agree. I think once he gets going he will show he is a good player. he had a serious of little niggly injuries last year, and was never 100%. This guy was rated at £10m a few years ago at Spurs on the back of excellent performances. Since then has had a few injuries and knocks, but will come good. he is a great guy to have in the squad. Our tater can't play every game and we have 2 excellent players covering that position!