IGNORED

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

He actually said he was, "one of the best" shortly after Silva had described Digne as the best lest back in the league, bit of mutual back-scratching I think; and beside, no player is ever going to say their manager is shite or average are they?

yes most don't answer the question, they do a swerve and say something else so they are still being positive but not lying.  like benitiez when asked if ronaldo was best player in the world "he's the best player i've managed".  was still complementary but didn't agree with the question of best in the world, just said best he managed.

37 minutes ago, patto said:

MikeO you are a doubting Thomas on most subjects 😋

that's his thing around here, whether he believes it or not he just devil's advocate everything.

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i didn't notice odegaard much last year, was he good in the premier league?  im kinda confused why they signed him but maybe he was good

He was certainly better than whatever other options they had/have for a creative midfielder. Think for £30m, that could end up being a very good signing for them

3 hours ago, Makis said:

Silva was dealt a really poor hand. Lost team's best midfielder and his replacement has played less than two matches since. Didn't get the forward he wanted so depended on an unproven striker. Ancelotti got two midfielders and a defender for big money and couldn't do much better.

Sam Alladyce took over the shit show walsh and koeman created. Finished 8th after the disadvantage of starting in the bottom half. Alladyce added Tosun and Walcott and finished 8th.

Silva then got Richarlison, Digne, Mina, Zouma, Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi.. and took us backwards.

Depended on an unproven striker? Tosun or Richarlison? Surely you aren't giving him credit for DCL? DCL got more admiration from both managers before him, and both after. 

Silva is the biggest joke of a manager ever. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Sam Alladyce took over the shit show walsh and koeman created. Finished 8th after the disadvantage of starting in the bottom half. Alladyce added Tosun and Walcott and finished 8th.

Silva then got Richarlison, Digne, Mina, Zouma, Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi.. and took us backwards.

Depended on an unproven striker? Tosun or Richarlison? Surely you aren't giving him credit for DCL? DCL got more admiration from both managers before him, and both after. 

Surely that's hyperbole

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Surely that's hyperbole

People were blaming the players yet Ferguson clearly showed it was just as must the manager. Ferguson got more out of them in two weeks than Silva managed in 2 seasons. Beat Chelsea straight away and even managed a draw with two kids in midfield against United.

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

Same position, more points that the previous season in Silva's first season. Then he lost Gueye and Zouma and got no-one to replace them.

How well did Ancelotti do with Gomes, Bernard and Iwobi? Bernard is already gone having done not much at all and Gomes should follow suit. Iwobi is the most hated player in the current squad. Mina had several injuries during his first season and only managed 10 starts in total. Tosun is clearly not PL quality. Calvert-Lewin started exactly half the matches in 18-19 season and one less before that so how he was more loved by Koeman I don't know.

Allardyce's team got outshot pretty much in every match. If you are happy with that then fine. Silva tried to be more expansive. 17-18 season goal difference was -14. After Silva's full season it was +8. So he improved GD by a massive 22 goals.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

People were blaming the players yet Ferguson clearly showed it was just as must the manager. Ferguson got more out of them in two weeks than Silva managed in 2 seasons. Beat Chelsea straight away and even managed a draw with two kids in midfield against United.

Short memories, eh? First match the team run like madmen. Last match was a really poor performance against a shite Arsenal side. And in-between we were knocked out of League Cup. The one other match was a draw against ManU courtesy of a Lindelöf o.g.

4 hours ago, Makis said:

Same position, more points that the previous season in Silva's first season. Then he lost Gueye and Zouma and got no-one to replace them.

How well did Ancelotti do with Gomes, Bernard and Iwobi? Bernard is already gone having done not much at all and Gomes should follow suit. Iwobi is the most hated player in the current squad. Mina had several injuries during his first season and only managed 10 starts in total. Tosun is clearly not PL quality. Calvert-Lewin started exactly half the matches in 18-19 season and one less before that so how he was more loved by Koeman I don't know.

Allardyce's team got outshot pretty much in every match. If you are happy with that then fine. Silva tried to be more expansive. 17-18 season goal difference was -14. After Silva's full season it was +8. So he improved GD by a massive 22 goals.

8th is 8th however you want to paint it. You think Alladyce wouldn't have built on it? The football was awful but what else could be done with the players at his disposal? Silva would have had us in a relegation battle. Even with better players Silva never managed to out football another team thanks to us being on form, more often than not we relied on the opposition having a bad day. The football was shit, the tactics were woeful. 

Ancelotti had us more organised and before getting his head turned was challenging for Europe. Didn't like the football but most gave him a pass as we thought he had a long term plan in place. 

What did it take for DCL to get his chance? Koeman put him straight in the first team, Silva knocked him down and only player him when his hand was forced. Ffs he put Richi up top falling about before him. Every manager has to deal with injuries, but if you're using that ours were probably worse last year. DCL played slightly less minutes under Silva than the year before, you'd expect that figure to have gone up. Every youth player we had seen less minutes than the season before with Silva other than Lookman, who got about 3 matches worth. He didn't trust the academy at all. DCL only played more than 60 minutes in three of Silva's first 16 games. Ferguson didn't flinch at making him his focus. When Dom talks there's very little praise for Silva.

4 hours ago, patto said:

Some of the best football I’ve seen in the last 5 years was under Silver towards the end of  18/19 season after drawing with Liverpool 0-0 to stop them winning the league we finished beating Chelsea 2-0 West Ham 2-0 Arsenal 1-0 Fulham 2-0 United 4-0 Burnley 2-0 and finished the season off with a 2-2 draw at Spurs and that was with the worse Coach you have ever seen  

I have a lot of time for Silver and hope he does well at Fulham.

I think most of them teams beat us last season  

If drawing with Liverpool is your pinnacle even Alladyce managed that.

Man u game when their players even came out and apologised for being so shit, hungover from losing in Europe. The scored flattered too, could have easily been a draw. Chelsea game as well, we met them at their lowest. Worst of the lot Spurs reserves and all we could muster was a draw. Don't think you actually remember the football because the warning signs were there, the reasons which ultimately cost him the job.

7 hours ago, Makis said:

I don't believe anyone is hated. As for the person a majority would like to see transferred out, Delph would certainly secure more votes than Iwobi.

The frustrating thing about Alex Iwobi is that he has skill, he puts in effort, he wants to succeed - but he appears to have poor decision-making skills. To me, that means a player who has yet to reach his full potential at Everton. Can we afford to wait?

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I give up sometimes. We’re still bringing that stain on the club up. Come on…. Please let us forget the fire football played under Sam, let’s pretend it never happened.

For the sake of football fans everywhere…. It never happened unless we talk about it.

I don’t know what you are on about. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I give up sometimes. We’re still bringing that stain on the club up. Come on…. Please let us forget the fire football played under Sam, let’s pretend it never happened.

For the sake of football fans everywhere…. It never happened unless we talk about it.

And he brought Sammy Lee with him!!! 🤬

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

8th is 8th however you want to paint it. You think Alladyce wouldn't have built on it? The football was awful but what else could be done with the players at his disposal? Silva would have had us in a relegation battle. Even with better players Silva never managed to out football another team thanks to us being on form, more often than not we relied on the opposition having a bad day. The football was shit, the tactics were woeful. 

Ancelotti had us more organised and before getting his head turned was challenging for Europe. Didn't like the football but most gave him a pass as we thought he had a long term plan in place. 

What did it take for DCL to get his chance? Koeman put him straight in the first team, Silva knocked him down and only player him when his hand was forced. Ffs he put Richi up top falling about before him. Every manager has to deal with injuries, but if you're using that ours were probably worse last year. DCL played slightly less minutes under Silva than the year before, you'd expect that figure to have gone up. Every youth player we had seen less minutes than the season before with Silva other than Lookman, who got about 3 matches worth. He didn't trust the academy at all. DCL only played more than 60 minutes in three of Silva's first 16 games. Ferguson didn't flinch at making him his focus. When Dom talks there's very little praise for Silva.

If drawing with Liverpool is your pinnacle even Alladyce managed that.

Man u game when their players even came out and apologised for being so shit, hungover from losing in Europe. The scored flattered too, could have easily been a draw. Chelsea game as well, we met them at their lowest. Worst of the lot Spurs reserves and all we could muster was a draw. Don't think you actually remember the football because the warning signs were there, the reasons which ultimately cost him the job.

I don't agree about the use of Dom.

He played in 35 games the first season under Silva, ending with him leading the line towards the end of that season despite only scoring 6 goals. 

Whilst Silva tried using different options in his second season (Kean, Richarlison and Tosun - the latter only appears to be one game but you keep dwelling on it) however Dom still started more times up front on his own than any of the others, including the last two games before he was sacked.

Ferguson played football completely differently to Silva and he gave him the help of Richarlison. They both thrived on long combative football, which was never going to be Silva's remit. 

I don't think a great deal of Silva as a coach but he gave Dom a more than fair crack of the whip but he didn't take his chance.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I don't agree about the use of Dom.

He played in 35 games the first season under Silva, ending with him leading the line towards the end of that season despite only scoring 6 goals. 

Whilst Silva tried using different options in his second season (Kean, Richarlison and Tosun - the latter only appears to be one game but you keep dwelling on it) however Dom still started more times up front on his own than any of the others, including the last two games before he was sacked.

Ferguson played football completely differently to Silva and he gave him the help of Richarlison. They both thrived on long combative football, which was never going to be Silva's remit. 

I don't think a great deal of Silva as a coach but he gave Dom a more than fair crack of the whip but he didn't take his chance.

He player him less than the manager before him. Given the options and him only getting better that number should have went up not down. 

Ferguson straight away played to his strengths. Begs the question why Silva wasn't.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I don't believe anyone is hated. As for the person a majority would like to see transferred out, Delph would certainly secure more votes than Iwobi.

People use quite strong language if they don't hate him then. It's just vile sometimes, I can't understand it. It's not like he's playing poorly deliberately.

17 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

That's a very valid point - and maybe it's a symptom of today's society. 

I think it’s just that we have access to everyone’s opinion more readily through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook etc.. I’m sure people thought the same 50 years ago but nobody but the dog can hear you screaming at the TV.

• 2 weeks later...