IGNORED

Wolverhampton (Home) Wednesday 19 May

markjazzbassist

29 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

That line up is totally bereft of goals or any form of creativity  ☹️

Doesn't exactly get the heart racing does it? That said there's not much more on offer, although I'd have given Tom a game.

there was always an element of a gamble with James coming here.  A fit and consistent James and I am pretty sure we would have had half a dozen or more point, at the very least. The gamble has just not come off for us, but I can't blame the club for trying this - it was a no brainer to bring him here on a free. What do you do - I am guessing at his age he is only a stop gap anyway. 

maybe James was also one of the player he had in his mind when he said - if players are not happy at the club, they can jog on. Injured (sorry tired!!) or just dropped from the squad? Rumours earlier in the year he wasn't happy in UK, didn't go to Bayern as didn't like the culture/weather.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

maybe James was also one of the player he had in his mind when he said - if players are not happy at the club, they can jog on. Injured or just dropped from the squad? 

I think that’s a very big possibility. 

21 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Who’s this Siggurdson lad? Seems a decent player.

13 minutes and unrecognisable for an Everton team this season. Fast passing, pressing and seek to be passing forward.

Good save Pickford.

Since i posted that...... we’ve been the Everton I know and love 🙄

we had all the best chances. But again, generally poor in possession. A lot of fear in our play at home.

Think we will be overtaken by both Arsenal and Leeds on the last day and finish 10th now. I think Arsenal will nick the last Euro place off Spurs. but you never know on last day of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

Villa beat Spurs as well... typical Everton this though should be in the driving seat for europe 

What gives me a little peace at night is knowing that it wasn't down to just one missed opportunity (Sheffield game), but that we've dropped the ball continuously this season. Sure we could say "had we beat Sheffield we'd be in a good spot", but we can also say that about a handful of other recent results.

Watch us win 5-4 at City