IGNORED

Manchester City (Away) Sunday 23 May

markjazzbassist

Just now, Aidan said:

What baffles me are how so content the players are. Not a single player goes to the ref when he pulls out a yellow for Dias. Why? Because we have a weak minded squad. 

Don’t know what you were watching but Holgate, Allan and a couple of others were there. 

Remembering an announcer’s comment during the Wolves match that Keane had put in a call to Southgate about why he was left off the national team last time.  Given his incredible stupidity in trying to dribble through 4 — 4 — City players within a few feet of him, maybe Southgate will respond with a video of this moment.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Unpopular opinion but Allan is actually a liability in front of our defence and I’ve been underwhelmed with him. 

He has been well off the pace since he has come back from injury. Even before that, he was starting to slip a little.

I think the pace of the game is too quick for him. Early season was a bit slow and lethargic but the quality of the football is getting better and quicker and he isnt getting to the man/ball and therefore he is well out of position and helping the attack. 

Weird half. Absolute suicidal at the back. 

Yet we started the first ten minutes pretty good, and once 2-0 down, we at least tried to get the ball forward. 

The biggest problem for me, is that we always seem to be such pushovers. I dont understand how these players got to the top of the game with so little fight in them. 
mot always seems our players are looking at the opposition thinking.... I wish I was as good as them. Be that De Bruyne, Bob Smith, or Hilda Davies. 
There just no belief.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He has been well off the pace since he has come back from injury. Even before that, he was starting to slip a little.

I think the pace of the game is too quick for him. Early season was a bit slow and lethargic but the quality of the football is getting better and quicker and he isnt getting to the man/ball and therefore he is well out of position and helping the attack. 

Genuinely think we’ve wasted money on him and should’ve gone elsewhere with that sort of fee. 

Difficult to say we've improved on last season. Factually we have. We've got 10 more points and are likely to finish 2 positions higher. 

We've also added 3 starters to our squad (admittedly who have had their fair share of injuries). 

We have improved, but considering recruitment and expectation, its very very marginal. 

To put it in perspective we're 10th on goal difference behind a team that were promoted from the championship last season with West Ham also outperforming us. 

That is simply not good enough, and when we say we've improved it's difficult to say it with any vision of us being on the right track.