IGNORED

Denzel Dumfries

32 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yerry mina looked a worldie in a summer tournament as well.  cautiously optimistic but dutch players in the premier league don't have the greatest track record recently (van de beek, klaasen, etc).  i would prefer aarons.

Your right. But I do feel he looks the type that should fit in with us. Strong and fast, Everton fans like nothing better than a player that puts it in.

20 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Your right. But I do feel he looks the type that should fit in with us. Strong and fast, Everton fans like nothing better than a player that puts it in.

This. 

The type of Dutch players that tends to struggle in the Premier League are the ones that are a bit slight, not particularly quick and have to rely on pure technique. 

This guy is nothing like that, he is a beast who looks like he can play and has an eye for goal. He reminds me a bit of Mendy before he got injured. Very physical, gets forward all game and just causes problems. The big question will be whether he can defend!

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

yerry mina looked a worldie in a summer tournament as well.  cautiously optimistic but dutch players in the premier league don't have the greatest track record recently (van de beek, klaasen, etc).  i would prefer aarons.

Robben, Van Persie, Van Nistlrooy, Staam, bergkamp, VVD, hasselbank, overmars, de jong

Thats what I'm clinging to. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This. 

The type of Dutch players that tends to struggle in the Premier League are the ones that are a bit slight, not particularly quick and have to rely on pure technique. 

This guy is nothing like that, he is a beast who looks like he can play and has an eye for goal. He reminds me a bit of Mendy before he got injured. Very physical, gets forward all game and just causes problems. The big question will be whether he can defend!

Is it just the Dutch slight and slow or do the German slight and slow struggle too? 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

To be fair I think Mina eventually turned himself into an effective player for us, though it took some time.

22 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Andy van der Meyde 🤫

And the impact of COVID. Not on us financially (although prob some impact there) more about how FPP is based on income vs. Outgoings over a 3 year period. Not sure how many of our players took pay cuts but our income would’ve been down both in terms of match day as well as TV revenue. I think FPP was adjusted for COVID so it takes 4 years not 3.

4 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

How much did he pay for Iwobi top negotiating there

Negotiating doesn’t have a ton to do with how a player goes on to perform. If we coulda gotten Richarlison for 30m and ended up paying far more it’s not that relevant that he’s worth more than that higher number in terms of the negotiation. Player evaluation is a different thing. 

3 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

Negotiating doesn’t have a ton to do with how a player goes on to perform. If we coulda gotten Richarlison for 30m and ended up paying far more it’s not that relevant that he’s worth more than that higher number in terms of the negotiation. Player evaluation is a different thing. 

Iwobi was a total panic buy after missing other targets massively overpaid that's down to Brands

1 hour ago, BedfordBlue said:

Iwobi was a total panic buy after missing other targets massively overpaid that's down to Brands

Iwobi has everything to be a quality player he just hasn’t clicked. Brand’s negotiating skills have been highlighted in plenty of transfers before iwobi.

Lets just hope we get this one over the line.

On 22/07/2021 at 22:10, Btay said:

Iwobi has everything to be a quality player he just hasn’t clicked. Brand’s negotiating skills have been highlighted in plenty of transfers before iwobi.

Lets just hope we get this one over the line.

This, plus £28m for a 23 year old with experience in PL and European isn't exactly a bad price. As you said, just hasn't clicked.