IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Going to Palace according to reports.

Not sure I'd want him either tbh.

I'm not sure I would either, but he's the first person linked.

If Arsenal are unhappy with Arteta, I'd approach him. Frankly, he's on a par with Carlo this past season for achievement, and now he has a full year of experience at the helm of a Premier League club.

20 minutes ago, Haiku said:

I would take Mourinho for a season. Enough time to have a spat with majority of the players and make them leave with a pay cut.

Haha that’s the best I’ve heard for a while! And a great tactic. Piss all the prima donnas off and get them to rip up their contract!

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Go get Bielsa. Go all out.... not just out, nooooo I’m talking OUT OUT!

His club management career is patchy at best, and he also has a history of jumping ship. We need someone who's going to give us some stability so that ain't him for me.

Again, someone that is incredibly unlikely to come but if we could throw money at Diego Simeone at Atletico that would make me happy. He's been with them for 10 years and in that time has won the league title twice (an impressive feat when playing with Barcelona and Real Madrid). He's also taken them to the Champions League final, losing on penalties to their city rivals. 

I must stress, fucking unlikely but so was Ancelotti.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

His club management career is patchy at best, and he also has a history of jumping ship. We need someone who's going to give us some stability so that ain't him for me.

I do get you mate, but I think the opposite this day and age. 
I would be happy with a manager to come on and just play some exciting football and restore a bit of confidence to the players. 

No manager is going to come in and turn us into a top four team in a season.... Carlo has shown that with some aplomb! 

But I just want to see some football I can get excited and cheer to for once. This season has destroyed me.

Crikey. Here we are again.

The dilemmas we face...

Big Name...most likely won't stick around and will jump ship once a 'big' club come. As we now know.

Emerging Manager...would face criticism from day one. Would need to hit the ground running to win over our volatile fan base.

All in all, just pissed off. The merry go round needs to stop. We need stability. We need consistency again to stop all this mish mash of players.

Just get us someone we can keep for a few years at least. Pleeeeeease.

Having said all that, it also opens up opportunity. Let's see how the club handles it.

I've a shit track record so my vote won't, or shouldn't, count but I'd see that Nuno guy as a good, realistic appointment. Plays good football, seems to have personality, wouldn't believe he was above us and would see it as a good opportunity. Done good with Wolves. Certainly a lot worse out there.

I think we need to go for a manager with a proven track record of taking midtable teams (or lower) and getting them into Europe. That has to be our priority. A cup record would be handy too. 

The only two managers with Premier League experience of that are Rodgers and Pochettino and I don't see either of them coming here. 

I did a quick bit of research and Favre and Blanc were the first ones that came up, albeit the latter is a very short CV. I don't know anything about the football they play though.

Before Ancellotti I was a big fan of Ten Hag at Ajax. His teams play really good football and he might be interested in coming to the Premier League. Maybe the Dutch connection with Brands might help too but it is a different kettle of fish coming from the Eridevise to here and I am not sure how that would go.

I did just see a headline about Steve Bruce though so I am a little scared about what might happen. The further Mohsiri is from the selection process the better as far as I am concerned.

I just have this gut feeling it's gonna be Howe in the end. 

Fuck me, why did I even bother waking up today. I was the first one to post about it last night, assuming (like many others on here) that it was another bullshit rumor. As @MikeOsaid, it all happened so fast. Or at least, it did in front of the cameras. This might have been days/weeks in the planning

Gone out to play golf and come back to no manager. I’ll read the Carlo thread when I get in but first thoughts are that I’m angry, surprised and disappointed. Constantly a rebuilding project. Let’s hope whoever we get doesn’t give Siggy another chance.