IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bookies have Potter, Howe, Ferguson and Moyes pretty even, with Benitez slightly longer odds; everybody else outsiders.

I'm pretty certain the next manager we have will not be someone I'm happy with, but I just hope it isn't one of the names that would terrify me or one that I would hate being our manager.

13 hours ago, StevO said:

This. Get four or five seasons, show you can push Brighton higher up the league. None of this Xg crap, actual really results. I always thought the same about Howe. It was great getting Bournemouth to the Prem, and great keeping them there, but to really stand out you need to them progress them up the table a bit. 
Any manager gets a team like Brighton or Bournemouth comfortably in the top half for a few seasons would be a real top performer. But there isn’t anyone getting to that point for me. 

Fwiw that "xG crap" doesn't make Potter anything special. They were only above where you would expect them to be on chances against this season, the other stats from last season and the season before don't stand out as being anything more than we have seen from the league table.

Regardless of how you want to assess a manager, using just one season would be a massive risk. I think we need to find someone that is consistently over-achieving, whether that be performances, in the league table or on the stats. I would sooner have someone like Dyche than some fancy dan turning up here on the back of one good season (which in Brighton's case wasn't actually any good!).

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Fwiw that "xG crap" doesn't make Potter anything special. They were only above where you would expect them to be on chances against this season, the other stats from last season and the season before don't stand out as being anything more than we have seen from the league table.

Regardless of how you want to assess a manager, using just one season would be a massive risk. I think we need to find someone that is consistently over-achieving, whether that be performances, in the league table or on the stats. I would sooner have someone like Dyche than some fancy dan turning up here on the back of one good season (which in Brighton's case wasn't actually any good!).

I think that’s pretty much what I said anyway. 

3 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's breaking on a few places now that Nuno is close to joining Crystal Palace, which I'm made up about as I'm wanting him as far away from here as possible.

Hopefully announced in the next 24/48hrs.

I think he was one of the better candidates that were being mentioned, especially if he could convince Neto to come with him ☹️

Let’s hope there are a few names in the hat we don’t know about yet

37 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair, I don't think the bookies have a clue about what is going to happen.

Of that list, my money would be on Ferguson, Pirlo and Lampard. I would put more money on the person being appointed not being on that list at all... I hope!

But what is scary is that Eddie Howe is so high on that this list and even though we all have 5 votes each, not a single one of us give him the benefit of the doubt with one of our votes. He would not be a popular appointment. 

45 minutes ago, MikeO said:

It's Potter now, they really don't have a clue any more than we do.

Capture.JPG

Well we can't complain to much if it's Potter - he has the most TT votes (or was he most people's 5th choice!!). 

It doesn't sound like Brands was overly enthused in the Nuno interview - I am guess we could have had him if we wanted him, but have chosen no to).

Last time around how late in the day did Ancelotti's name jump to the top of the bookies list. 

On 05/06/2021 at 22:55, StevO said:

I keep seeing Potter being mentioned. I’d have more respect for the guy if he stuck it out at Brighton, got them safely into the top half and converting these chances on a regular basis. 
If he was to leave Brighton to join us after they took a chance on him, is he the kind of manager we want anyway? We all feel betrayed by Carlo, so wouldn’t the Brighton fans feel just as betrayed by Potter if he left to join Everton?

He should stay where he is and make the most of the opportunities that have been afforded to him already. 

Really? I think that’s unfortunately how football works. I don’t see Swansea as much different to Brighton. He’s done well and will get rewarded for it. If he goes on to get top 4 with us you can bet your bottom dollar he’d be considered and a likely candidate and likely leave to the lines of Man Utd or Real Madrid. In an ideal world you’re right but that ship sailed along time ago. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he was one of the better candidates that were being mentioned, especially if he could convince Neto to come with him ☹️

Let’s hope there are a few names in the hat we don’t know about yet

I’m one of the ones that are happy for him not to be appointed. I think his style of football wouldn’t give him long if the results didn’t go his way early on. Im happy this isn’t the direction the club are looking to go long term. 

for all his faults the last manager to actually do a decent job with us and not was David Moyes - I would say a Graham Potter appointment would be similar type of appointment, is British, has done very well with a lower team and is well respected by his peers. He has rightfully earned a move to a mid table club, with his style of play and forward thinking. 

Have just seen £11M a year wasted on jonnie big potato Ancelotti them maybe the brightest young think in British management is the way to go again, maybe it better suits our clubs DNA.  

Most of us here were suckered in by Ancelotti and his pedigree of winning trophies, who in reality delivered some of the dullest football in recent years, and failed to inspire the squad to qualify for Europe when we were in the best position to do so in many years.

So is it the squad or the managers fault, partly both IMO, we have the slowest, most ponderous midfield in the PL, but we saw the same old starting 11 every week, managers fault.  Why would a top class manager want to come unless they have the balls to not play Siggy, Gomes, Iwobi or Delph all had plenty of opportunity to deliver, but let it pass them by, in the starting 11. I want a manager whos prepared to shake things up and give us a midfield that fights for everything and can create for the forward line. 
I think either Nuno or Potter could do that, don’t know enough about the continental managers except Conti and Sarri from their time in the PL, didn’t warm to either.

48 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Reading up on Galtier, he sounds such an exciting prospect. What he did at Lille was incredible albeit in a ‘lesser’ league but all the same, look at the players they’ve sold and look at the fees - the complete opposite to what we’ve been doing. The players leaving on a free this week show such poor management; there’s more to follow too - we can’t continue like this. No one wants to be a selling club but it’s even worse spending £20m+ on Bolasie, Walcott and Tosun types to get nothing back and not improve. It’s been managed better under Brands but still nowhere near good enough.

100% we've been a 5 year train wreck.  Needs serious sorting and he could be the type to do it.