IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, London Blue said:

I think both Potter or Galtier are realistic choices, and match your criteria, both play better football then Wolves did under Nuno.

Potter is a no from me. On the basis that he won’t attract top players to the club. I also just don’t think he’s a top 6 manager. It’s an opinion but I think he’s all wrong. 

The french guy I have absolutely no knowledge of. Again a massive gamble and can’t see a long sustainable stay from him. 

4 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

The Guardian Fiver has the state of our club just about nailed on here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/09/the-fiver-wolves-lage-lage-lage-lage

There were rumours that Nuno was going to leave Wolves earlier in the year so it was not a surprise that he left, and gave Wolves a chance to draw up a short list of candidates. 

We were stunned by Carlo's betrayal.

A slightly different set of circumstances I think.......

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

There were rumours that Nuno was going to leave Wolves earlier in the year so it was not a surprise that he left, and gave Wolves a chance to draw up a short list of candidates. 

We were stunned by Carlo's betrayal.

A slightly different set of circumstances I think.......

100% agree, still we do look like a bit of a circus at the moment.

3 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Potter is a no from me. On the basis that he won’t attract top players to the club. I also just don’t think he’s a top 6 manager. It’s an opinion but I think he’s all wrong. 

The french guy I have absolutely no knowledge of. Again a massive gamble and can’t see a long sustainable stay from him. 

Potters team play very attractive football, and he has turned a squad of limited talents to a very good footballing team. Pep called him one of the moat talented young managers. I would take him over "sit back Nuno" any day.

Just now, chicagoblue said:

100% agree, still we do look like a bit of a circus at the moment.

Its not a great look I grant you but, Spurs are worse with the "Conte Hockey Cokey", and the Palace version the "Nuno Two step".

At least we have been keeping thing quiet and doing business behind closed doors. To be fair I would rather we take a week or two and get it right.

It's important to not let the media circus reflect bad on us. The media throwing names all over just shows that they have no clue. And, as I've said for years, it allows bookies to make a fortune. The biggest traditional sports media advertisers? Bookies. They work hand in hand.

I'm sure we've been in touch with various reps etc since Carlo left. Just no idea who.

8 hours ago, Newty82 said:

It's important to not let the media circus reflect bad on us. The media throwing names all over just shows that they have no clue. And, as I've said for years, it allows bookies to make a fortune. The biggest traditional sports media advertisers? Bookies. They work hand in hand.

I'm sure we've been in touch with various reps etc since Carlo left. Just no idea who.

Why not? 🧐

13 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Ha. I know. If only any of us knew 🤣.

(That's if I'm taking your reply in the right context).

You are mate, just read we are going for Conte, I still think the former England manager Mike Basset is in with a shout at this rate, or we could wait for Gareth Southgate he’s going to be out of work in about 3 weeks🤪

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/06/09/everton-consider-shock-move-former-liverpool-manager-rafa-benitez/

Everton consider shock move for former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez

There has been contact between Benitez, who lives on Merseyside and is a free agent, and Everton to sound out mutual interest

Everton are considering a shock move for former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez is available and hungry for a return to the Premier League, and Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is weighing up what would be the most unexpected appointment in Goodison Park history.

Moshiri initially focused on two clear frontrunners in the race to replace Carlo Ancelotti, who plunged the club into an unwanted managerial crisis last week to return to Real Madrid. A first round of talks with representatives of ex-Wolves coach Nuno Espirito Santo did not lead to a convincing outcome, and a reunion with David Moyes is complicated as he is under contract at West Ham. Moyes, who spent 11 years at Everton, remains a strong contender, but Moshiri is adamant he will not meet the Scot without permission from the West Ham board with whom he has a good relationship.

That means some of the names previously thought of as rank outsiders have come into the equation, with Benitez, 61, the most intriguing to have been discussed at boardroom level.

Moshiri has good reason to at least meet Benitez, who lives on Merseyside and is a free agentfollowing his most recent stint at the Chinese club, Dalian Professional. There has already been contact between Benitez and Everton to sound out mutual interest. But for his obvious Anfield connections - Benitez spent six years at Liverpool where he won the Champions League and FA Cup - his candidacy would be a no-brainer given the calibre of his CV which includes the highest honours in European football.

Benitez has spoken openly about his eagerness to return to management in England as soon as possible, and is pragmatic enough to realise the Everton job is an attractive proposition. 

The question for Moshiri is how palatable that would be to his fanbase. There are numerous examples of players switching their allegiances, but no manager has ever led both clubs. 
Moshiri mulling over so many options is a sign that the recruitment process could take time, the owner with much to ponder as he assesses what direction to lead the club in the aftermath of Ancelotti’s exit

Everton desperately need a unifying figure to bring stability and continuity to the manager’s office, but the last nine days have served to underline the lack of certainty about the style of football and type of figurehead the club wants, the names considered ranging from experienced, proven managers to up-and-coming coaches.

Moshiri has tried many profiles of coach during the course of his six year reign: Roberto Martinez and Marco Silva meant to represent an exciting future; Ronald Koeman and Ancelotti men of global clout who were supposed to be safe pairs of hands; and Sam Allardyce.

Martinez, sacked in 2016, has also been mentioned for a potential Everton return, along with former Lille coach Christophe Galtier and Brighton’s Graham Potter.

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Moshiri has tried many profiles of coach during the course of his six year reign: Roberto Martinez and Marco Silva meant to represent an exciting future; Ronald Koeman and Ancelotti men of global clout who were supposed to be safe pairs of hands; and Sam Allardyce.

And Sam Allardyce 😂