IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

It's going to be Nuno, Fabrizio Romano is even breaking it now and he only speaks when something is basically fact. Apparently a verbal agreement was reached between the two parties today, with a formal contract expected to be sent over within the next 48 hours. 

I'm incredibly underwhelmed, but it is what it is. Will get behind him like I would any other Everton manager and shall start to try and see the positives in this appointment.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ll be happy if he can get us Ruben Neves from under Arsenals nose. I know you shouldn’t judge by appearance but my main concern would be is he to soft. 

I'd take Pedro Neto personally if we're going to raid Wolves. I think that Neves had a poor season last time out but manages to paper over it because he's got a knack of scoring from 78 yards. 

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I'd take Pedro Neto personally if we're going to raid Wolves. I think that Neves had a poor season last time out but manages to paper over it because he's got a knack of scoring from 78 yards. 

In all fairness to Nuno he acquired some very good players for Wolves from the Portuguese leagues, hopefully he will do the same for us. 

Done deal apparently. I'll back him of course, let's see what he can do. If nothing else we can dye his beard white and have him double up as the club Santa at Christmas if he's still here. Happy to have it over and move on to transfer business. I think it's a given that Gomes just got another season in our shirt, but hopefully Nuno will bring in some new blood like he did at Wolves. In...er, Moshiri we trust. Up the blues.  

When we were originally linked with him I wasn’t dead against it even though it was underwhelming, now I really am against it. He saw Palace as the better option over us and once they fucked him off he all of a sudden wants to come here? It’s not a desire to be manager of Everton Football Club, so what is it? A chance to line his pockets is top of my list.

He also looked like a very tired man at the end of his Wolves spell and was in need of a break from football, not to jump straight into another job.

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see him lasting the season and we’ll be on the search for another manager next summer.

Come on you blues though, I’ll be cheering them on as usual!

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He also looked like a very tired man at the end of his Wolves spell and was in need of a break from football, not to jump straight into another job.

As a man with a beard that contains more grey than I am comfortable with I can confirm that Nuno is not tired. Its just really hard to not look tired when your beard has betrayed you. It’s like a constant reminder than even on good days your face/hair is trying to make you look old. 
The man is fresh as a teenager after a Sunday morning Hollyoaks!

19 minutes ago, Makis said:

Sounded more like he heard of the EFC job and fucked off Palace. He basically stopped answering their calls at one point and made more and more demands until Palace gave up.

Apparently he was insisting on his 7-man entourage joining him and Palace were baulking at that because Hodgson left behind some people they want to keep on. Nuno was insisting on only his own staff. Just what I'm reading online, could be wrong of course.

12 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Apparently he was insisting on his 7-man entourage joining him and Palace were baulking at that because Hodgson left behind some people they want to keep on. Nuno was insisting on only his own staff. Just what I'm reading online, could be wrong of course.

That seems to be the norm now anyway doesn’t it? Managers turning up with all of their own team. I can see why Palace would want a bit of continuity, but would it even work?

1 minute ago, StevO said:

That seems to be the norm now anyway doesn’t it? Managers turning up with all of their own team. I can see why Palace would want a bit of continuity, but would it even work?

We like jobs for the boys so I suppose we’ll find out. 

Honestly one of the biggest indicators for me that we're going nowhere will be if Dunc is kept on as assistant manager. If he has designs to ever manage us then he needs to go and be a manager somewhere and show what he can do. The top job at Everton will always be waiting for him if he's successful in his own right. But no more hanging around the dugout doing God knows what other than "being passionate" and "loving the club". 

5 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Honestly one of the biggest indicators for me that we're going nowhere will be if Dunc is kept on as assistant manager. If he has designs to ever manage us then he needs to go and be a manager somewhere and show what he can do. The top job at Everton will always be waiting for him if he's successful in his own right. But no more hanging around the dugout doing God knows what other than "being passionate" and "loving the club".

For me the best route he can take is taking an interim role and being made permanent. We change managers so often, I'd imagine if he impressed on his next turn and there were no big names who wanted to manage Everton, he would have a year to show what he can do.

Plus I doubt Ferguson would want to leave Everton under any circumstances.

16 minutes ago, Aidan said:

. But no more hanging around the dugout doing God knows what other than "being passionate" and "loving the club".

Don’t forget he holds the board up showing the subs and the amount of injury time to be added on, a very important role in my eyes 😉

6 hours ago, Isaiah said:

For the wrong reasons I hope that’s not the case if he comes here, but it’s probably what is needed a clean start and anyone who has been involved with the first team in a managerial or back room capacity in the last 5 years to be removed. 

From all the bullshit names out there, Nuno sits slap bang in the middle for me. You know, not an old dog or relegation fighter but also not one at the top end that has won leagues etc.

So, considering we've finished 7th once in 7 seasons and he got it twice on the bounce with a newly promoted Wolves, well he might not be the exciting big name but he has enough positives.

Like most, it feels just OK. Maybe as fans we need just OK so we don't get carried away with ourselves (not sure that's possible).

We don't know what went on at Wolves, Crystal Palace or anything else. Just hope that if he does come here, it works for more than 12-18months.

I’ll get behind who ever gets the job 100%. If it’s Nuno, hopefully we can get Pedro Neto here because he’s exactly what we need at RM. who we get, hopefully it’s in the next few days and they can get to work on those 3/4 transfers we desperately need.

8 hours ago, StevO said:

As a man with a beard that contains more grey than I am comfortable with I can confirm that Nuno is not tired. Its just really hard to not look tired when your beard has betrayed you. It’s like a constant reminder than even on good days your face/hair is trying to make you look old. 
The man is fresh as a teenager after a Sunday morning Hollyoaks!

That's why I don't grow a beard, I can't be betrayed by it! It's got nothing to do with the fact I can't grow one that doesn't look like a mangy hamster has been badly stapled to my face.