IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well I’ll remember that when you’re belly whinging that we should be doing better, you might be happy being 17th each year, but not me mate.  

You seem to of missed most my whole post when you were quoting me mate. 

So here it is in full so you can read it properly this time and not misquote me.

13 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Can't disagree more, he WANTS to improve the club and has put his money in to the club in record amounts to make us a success. He is giving us a new stadium and we have James Fucking Rodriguez sign for us. Think about that for a second.

Yes he makes mistakes, but its mistakes because he wants us to succeed, he is actually interested in us. He has hired good people now, we have a very good board. (Just hope he listens to them!)

You really want a Hicks, a Ashley, Gilette, or a Glazer, many of whom are waiting in the wings to run a premier league club like ours into the ground and use it as a cash cow. Happy for us to be 17th every season.

Be careful what you wish for..........

I fond this whole managerial hunt strange. Whoever get the job isn’t going to be a well received as Carlo was but I just feel that this the perfect time to hit the reset when expectation has been significantly lowered. I don’t want Rafa but I don’t really want NES either. 

If you think of some of the names that we've been mentioned with .......  Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard, David Moyes, Graham Potter, Scott Parker  I'll be happy with Rafa,  he's seen it and done it all so don't forget that he is a top manager.

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you think of some of the names that we've been mentioned with .......  Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard, David Moyes, Graham Potter, Scott Parker  I'll be happy with Rafa,  he's seen it and done it all so don't forget that he is a top manager.

Is or was? Over four of those I’d agree. But I can’t believe we ever seriously considered Moyes, Parker, Howe or Lampard

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

@Romey 1878 got it spot on its not his management ability, its simply his Liverpool connection and the success he enjoyed there that just makes it the wrong appointment, we live in their shadow enough as it is.  We don't need to go there and his appointment would simply be divisive -

17 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You seem to of missed most my whole post when you were quoting me mate. 

So here it is in full so you can read it properly this time and not misquote me.

Look at the Stadium’s some of the owners you mentioned have, look at the players they have, look at the money they spend, you make him sound like your boss Caresida Dicks yes I have made mistakes but it’s not my fault, I’m not saying he hasn’t put money in I’m not saying he doesn’t care I’m saying he’s clueless when it comes to football matters, why are you happy to finish 17th every season, surely not because we’ve got an owner who spends money and doesn’t take out. He has to be accountable but what he’s done is buy himself complete control so he answers to no one at the club, I’m a fan and I’m not happy finishing 10th never mind 17th. 

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

@Romey 1878 got it spot on its not his management ability, its simply his Liverpool connection and the success he enjoyed there that just makes it the wrong appointment, we live in their shadow enough as it is.  We don't need to go there and his appointment would simply divisive -

Don't let your heart rule your head.  Doesn't matter who he managed before, he's a top manager and thats what we all want.

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Look at the Stadium’s some of the owners you mentioned have, look at the players they have, look at the money they spend, you make him sound like your boss Caresida Dicks yes I have made mistakes but it’s not my fault, I’m not saying he hasn’t put money in I’m not saying he doesn’t care I’m saying he’s clueless when it comes to football matters, why are you happy to finish 17th every season, surely not because we’ve got an owner who spends money and doesn’t take out. He has to be accounted but what he’s done is buy himself complete control so he answers to no one at the club, I’m a fan and I’m not happy finishing 10th never mind 17th. 

Again, read my post.

To summarise  I say other owners are happy to spend as little money as possible and for their teams to finish 17th just as long as they stay in the Premier League for the money it generates.

Moshiri has put money in, he wants us to be successful, he makes mistakes but they are well intentioned. 

As for the rest of your post, I lost interest and respect for you when you bought my job into it. Anyway this is the managers post not Moshiri so lets leave it there.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't let your heart rule your head.  Doesn't matter who he managed before, he's a top manager and thats what we all want.

I'd prefer someone who is going to make us play proper exciting football than a safe pair of hands.  We're meant to have a boss director and proper structure all around. I'd take a Potter type who, while not a headline grabber, would stand a good chance of winning over the fan base and giving us back an identity. 

That said, I won't be jumping on the bandwagon of swearing off Everton while Rafa is at the club (if it happens).  I'll back him, but knowing that the whole rest of the league will be sitting on their couches with popcorn ready for when we turn in and eat ourselves alive after three losses on the spin just isn't the feeling I think most fans are looking for.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

but the problem with supporting a football team is it is from the heart and not the head. So as good as some fits may be - they just don't feel right. 

Given what Benitez achieved with Liverpool, what would you consider him being successful at a 'small club'.

Fans will be on his case and just as likely be on the boards case for the appointment - I just can't see it working and another failed appointment within the year. 

3 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

but the problem with supporting a football team is it is from the heart and not the head. So as good as some fits may be - they just don't feel right. 

Given what Benitez achieved with Liverpool, what would you consider him being successful at a 'small club'.

Fans will be on his case and just as likely be on the boards case for the appointment - I just can't see it working and another failed appointment within the year. 

If he had not made the "Small club" comment it would be easier, after all we have had ex Liverpool players who have become legends for us. But that comment sticks in the throat and is unforgivable and more importantly unforgettable.

58 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I absolutely despised him when he was the manager over the park but I’m actually quite open to it . None of the names linked got me excited and I had real worries about Nuno

I agree he needs to get off to a flyer because it will soon turn toxic if we lose a few but he is a proven manager with a very impressive CV, he has a wealth of experience at home and abroad and has won trophies all over Europe ,people are saying he has done nothing for years but I actually thought he did a good job at Newcastle, all the Geordies I know loved him and were gutted when he left and to a man all laid the blame for that at the owners door not Rafa’s

If he gets the job I will back him 

My issue there is if he did a great job with Newcastle then Nuno should be the man, as he was even more successful with Wolves. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Look at the Stadium’s some of the owners you mentioned have, look at the players they have, look at the money they spend, you make him sound like your boss Caresida Dicks yes I have made mistakes but it’s not my fault, I’m not saying he hasn’t put money in I’m not saying he doesn’t care I’m saying he’s clueless when it comes to football matters, why are you happy to finish 17th every season, surely not because we’ve got an owner who spends money and doesn’t take out. He has to be accountable but what he’s done is buy himself complete control so he answers to no one at the club, I’m a fan and I’m not happy finishing 10th never mind 17th. 

You didn’t read his post did you? 😂

Benitez is looking like he’s going to get it. There was a war of words between clubs and managers that’s part and parcel of the game, I wouldn’t not want a top manager because he said we were a small club, when he was a rivals manager. 

It could be Bobby, he has been making comments about how special Everton are for a couple of months. I think we have known or suspected for a while that Carlo would leave for Real, after all there have been rumours about Zidan leaving for a while.

High profile and Bill loves him. 

9 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If he had not made the "Small club" comment it would be easier, after all we have had ex Liverpool players who have become legends for us. But that comment sticks in the throat and is unforgivable and more importantly unforgettable.

I can let the comment go. But this idea he is a top manager doesn’t cut it for me. He was a top manager, no doubt. But if he is still a top manager how did he end up in China? He is far far past his best. 
All the other stuff is just the icing on the cake. 
I’ll say this again, if he didn’t live on the Wirral he wouldn’t even be in contention for the job. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

I can let the comment go. But this idea he is a top manager doesn’t cut it for me. He was a top manager, no doubt. But if he is still a top manager how did he end up in China? He is far far past his best. 
All the other stuff is just the icing on the cake. 
I’ll say this again, if he didn’t live on the Wirral he wouldn’t even be in contention for the job. 

I agree he is not a Top, top manager, not in my top 5 preferred candidates, but he did very well at Chelsea and Newcastle given what he had to work with and who he was working for, the Toon is a proper insane asylum. China was his pension fund.

I think he would do a good job, but there are better candidates for us who would do better.

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It could be Bobby, he has been making comments about how special Everton are for a couple of months. I think we have known or suspected for a while that Carlo would leave for Real, after all there have been rumours about Zidan leaving for a while.

High profile and Bill loves him. 

I’d have said no to Bobby a few weeks back, but now I’d be made up. Tonight has really lowered the bar for what I want. 

4 minutes ago, London Blue said:

unless he goes on to achieve what he did at Liverpool - then we are pretty much open to have the 'small club' comment rubbed in our faces by the Redshite, no matter how we improve under Benitez. Qualify for Europe - great achievement for a small club!!!

Same manager, but we will celebrate much lesser achievements. Whatever improvements we did achieve under Benitez, the gloss will be taken off them because he will have achieved more with Liverpool. Even in any minor successes under Benitez I will still be an echo of being a 'small club'.

1 minute ago, RuffRob said:

unless he goes on to achieve what he did at Liverpool - then we are pretty much open to have the 'small club' comment rubbed in our faces by the Redshite, no matter how we improve under Benitez. Qualify for Europe - great achievement for a small club!!!

Same manager, but we will celebrate much lesser achievements. Whatever improvements we did achieve under Benitez, the gloss will be taken off them because he will have achieved more with Liverpool. Even in any minor successes under Benitez I will still be an echo of being a 'small club'.

Exactly.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

I agree he is not a Top, top manager, not in my top 5 preferred candidates, but he did very well at Chelsea and Newcastle given what he had to work with and who he was working for, the Toon is a proper insane asylum. China was his pension fund.

I think he would do a good job, but there are better candidates for us who would do better.

I hope we never have to find out if he would do a good job for us. 
Go and fill that pension pot somewhere else.