IGNORED

Next Everton manager: the wisdom of TT.

Your choice of Everton manager  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be Everton's next manager? Please nominate your top five choices.

• Rafael Benitez
    • Marcelo Bielsa
    • Sergio Conceicao
    • Antonio Conte
    • Lucien Favre
    • Duncan Ferguson
    • Paulo Fonseca
    • Christopher Galtier
    • Rudi Garcia
    • Eddie Howe
    • Frank Lampard
    • Roberto Martinez
    • David Moyes
    • Scott Parker
    • Andrea Pirlo
    • Graham Potter
    • Ralph Rangnick
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Nuno Espirito Santo
    • Maurizio Sarri

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Sorry, didn’t see this when I posted. You got there first haha.

How embarrassing 😛

But I absolutely agree with you there. The football under Carlo for the last 4 months or so looked completely uninspired and like he had ran out of ideas. 

Honestly at this point, I'd take Nuno. Guided wolves to the QF's of the Europa League a couple seasons ago. I'd bite your arm off for something like that

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'd take Podence in a heartbeat. Quick, agile, direct, can be a nightmare to play against. Wonder if we could get either he or Neto if Nuno comes our way

I guess Mendes will have a big say on that. Neto will be out way into next season regardless so don’t see him moving in the summer.

Both class players though.

Guedes and Leao stand out on that list... and obviously our very own James.

6 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

And if we're going to say Moyes called Everton fans a disgrace we're going to have to trust every fan's first-hand accounts of private interactions. No thanks. 

Private conversations? He said it to the media. 

I really don’t understand anyone wanting Dunc as the manager. Yeah it was fun while it lasted, but I just don’t see it. I’m sure he’s learned a bit in the last 12 months, but if that’s the case go and find another job, earn your stripes and then come back. We need stability at the club, and for that we need some level of managerial experience. I love the guy, and I’d like to keep loving him, but put him in the hot seat and I see nothing but failure and I’d hate that for him. Being a passionate blue makes him as qualified as any of us. 

Eddie Howe? Because he’s a blue. We’re all blues too. Half of us could probably organise a defence better than him as well. 

David Moyes can fuck off.

Benitez has a house on Merseyside? Probably the Wirral, but a lot of fucking people have a house on Merseyside. Robbie Fowler has got about 500 of them, I don’t want him either. A lot of them are reds who need to stay away from our club too. Add to that he’s super defensive I’m sure we’d all be equally bored of his tactics and bored of that face on the touch line too. 

With the talk of just these four they are making Nuno seem like a decent option. 

Maybe I’ll have a look on Twitter next and see if that will cheer me up. 

People you’re all missing the obvious candidate out there - what we need is Tony Hibbert. No one will be expecting that, least of all Tony and I bet he’d do the job for a couple of packets of prawn cocktail crisps if we install a nice big pond at Goodison so he can keep up with the carp fishing while keeping an eye on training.

I get what people are saying about Martinez but he’s not going to come back here. When he leaves Belgium it’s going to be to Spain or Italy.

But also, I really think people are forgetting how abject it was after that brilliant first season. Not just the terrible football, but the dodgy signings and lack of harmony in the team. It was horrible, as bad as anything we saw under Koeman, Silva or Ancelotti. And he won’t have Lukaku this time to get him out the shit. And he’ll want hella cash - everyone knows Ancelotti was on 12 million or whatever. So no thanks.

Whoever comes in as manager now will have a hell of a job, and I’ll back them. But it needs to be someone who actually wants to be here, and someone that knows how to manage players and get in their heads rather than tactician.

Just listened to Sam Allardyce have his weekly pocket money check in on talksport....  A few quid to add to his brown envelope money.

He can't let it go about getting jibbed off by us.  Making out that his style of football would have evolved once we were safe etc ..... Clown.  We were safe and he played for 0-0 draws. 

Stevo said ..

I really don’t understand anyone wanting Dunc as the manager. Yeah it was fun while it lasted, but I just don’t see it. I’m sure he’s learned a bit in the last 12 months, but if that’s the case go and find another job, earn your stripes and then come back. We need stability at the club, and for that we need some level of managerial experience. I love the guy, and I’d like to keep loving him, but put him in the hot seat and I see nothing but failure and I’d hate that for him. Being a passionate blue makes him as qualified as any of us. .

He's been there and seen all these so called top Managers fail miserably, who can blame him for wanting to have a go himself.  He might not do very well but the others haven't done very well either.

I would countenance a high-profile manager like Conte (although his strong-arm tactics may grate on most in the squad) or Rangnick if they could bring a four of five great players with them, but I do think it's risky: they wouldn't really get the club, their ego would be the size of the planet, they would be on huge wages, and there would be that feeling of Ancelotti about them.

Managers like Santo (who I do like) have that dreadful Silva / Koeman feeling about them. They may be able to attract a few decent players they have worked with before but there is absolutely no guarantee they would fit in here. They also wouldn't get the club, either.

Has-beens like Moyes and Martinez - I think the club would be mad to go that route. Both were awful at the end of their tenures. Have they learned more since being away? Possibly, but for me it's still a retrograde step.

Hiring from within / ex-players. Do they have the experience? Does it matter? United appointed OGS - he's learning on the job.

This won't happen, and most on here will disagree, but all things considered, I would go with Duncan - 100% loyal, knows the club, would weed out the dross. Give us something to cheer about. See some desire and effort on the pitch. I just want us to be us again.   

9 minutes ago, Formby said:

I would countenance a high-profile manager like Conte (although his strong-arm tactics may grate on most in the squad) or Rangnick if they could bring a four of five great players with them, but I do think it's risky: they wouldn't really get the club, their ego would be the size of the planet, they would be on huge wages, and there would be that feeling of Ancelotti about them.

Managers like Santo (who I do like) have that dreadful Silva / Koeman feeling about them. They may be able to attract a few decent players they have worked with before but there is absolutely no guarantee they would fit in here. They also wouldn't get the club, either.

Has-beens like Moyes and Martinez - I think the club would be mad to go that route. Both were awful at the end of their tenures. Have they learned more since being away? Possibly, but for me it's still a retrograde step.

Hiring from within / ex-players. Do they have the experience? Does it matter? United appointed OGS - he's learning on the job.

This won't happen, and most on here will disagree, but all things considered, I would go with Duncan - 100% loyal, knows the club, would weed out the dross. Give us something to cheer about. See some desire and effort on the pitch. I just want us to be us again.   

You dismiss other candidates based on who they could attract but then suggest Ferguson as your preferred choice who would attract absolutely no one.

I hate Carlo for putting us in this situation. 😒

If we go for a high profile manager we run the risk of the same thing happening again. 

The more I think of it for me itsca choice of Potter, as I love the way he has Brighton playing and would like to see what he could do with Everton. 

Or Rangnick who has done at Redbull what we want to do here.

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Or Rangnick who has done at Redbull what we want to do here.

I like what I’ve read about him but worry he’d prefer Brands’ job and don’t know how that would work with both of them.

I’m open to Nuno with the Mendes links opening up a few doors but my 1st choice is Sérgio Conceição - really like what I’ve read about him and feel we need someone with his character after far too many laid back managers e.g Martinez, Silva, Ancelotti - even Koeman... I want someone who’s going to whip up our players/crowd and show a bit of bloody passion!

35 minutes ago, Formby said:

The modern management is a team, not the old fashioned Moyes type coach. 
Dunc would be surrounded by experts, Brands ect. They would be getting the players the club needed.

Duncs job would be to put them through their paces and stir them up for matches. I would love to see us take the risk with him and back him.

We want stability? Yet many are asking for another merc to be hired, who wants to do well for a season until offered another job. 

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I like what I’ve read about him but worry he’d prefer Brands’ job and don’t know how that would work with both of them.

I’m open to Nuno with the Mendes links opening up a few doors but my 1st choice is Sérgio Conceição - really like what I’ve read about him and feel we need someone with his character after far too many laid back managers e.g Martinez, Silva, Ancelotti - even Koeman... I want someone who’s going to whip up our players/crowd and show a bit of bloody passion!

Duncan Ferguson 😉

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

nobody really sticks out as a realistic standout candidate. :(

Dust settled a bit, and I feel massively betrayed by Ancelotti - I am now glad he's gone as on Tuesday he showed his true colours and is one of those people who are just full of shit, but actually think's they have integrity. I read his book, it's full of stuff about honesty, integrity, trust, commitment, proffesionalisum. The very moment his integrity and commitment was tested he was out of the door, and to a club that are the ringleaders of the European super league.  I bought in to his bullshit, but I have totally lost every bit of respect I had for him (which was a lot).  He sold us a fucking lie and has done a fair bit of damage to the club - I wonder what all the player must be thinking now he has jumped ship as soon as he got the chance. What must they think of the Everton project now!!

Turned out his football was pretty shit as well!!!!

So true, my thoughts in a nutshell too

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Stevo said ..

I really don’t understand anyone wanting Dunc as the manager. Yeah it was fun while it lasted, but I just don’t see it. I’m sure he’s learned a bit in the last 12 months, but if that’s the case go and find another job, earn your stripes and then come back. We need stability at the club, and for that we need some level of managerial experience. I love the guy, and I’d like to keep loving him, but put him in the hot seat and I see nothing but failure and I’d hate that for him. Being a passionate blue makes him as qualified as any of us. .

He's been there and seen all these so called top Managers fail miserably, who can blame him for wanting to have a go himself.  He might not do very well but the others haven't done very well either.

He needs to stay amongst the backroom team for some stability. He might not be Ast. though- depending on the new manager coming in