IGNORED

Euro 2021

Turkey were 8/1 to win on SkyBet, so threw a fiver on it. I can't see them beating Italy, but as they're dark horses you never know (plus the opening game always seems to throw up surprises, like Senegal in 2002).

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Does this mean it will be back round again in 2024 and the World Cup is still going ahead next year, if so international players aren’t going to get a decent break for a couple of years. 

Yes, I believe so. Qatar is still planned for 2022 with Germany hosting the 2024 championship.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I have a gut feeling that France could win this which will ruin my summer. 

France are the total favourites, but they have a habit of always messing things up by doing something crazy internally (just like World Cup 2010). Plus, they have it in them to just absolutely implode (just like World Cup 2002) so you never know.

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Best part about that match was the tiny Volkswagen that delivered the match ball right before kickoff. Inspired stuff.

Missed that but I'll catch the highlights for that bit:P. Why a VW in Italy though? Fiat would've been better and they already make tiny cars so would've needed no special build.

Italy dominated from start to finish, I was expecting a lot more from Turkey they have some decent players in their team, but they decided to defend with eleven men from the start and try to frustrate Italy. I can understand the thinking win a point and try to progress from the group. 
What did people think of Immobile remembering he was on our radar as someone we were looking to buy. 

I was impressed by Italy. They dominated and kept a really high tempo. Will they be able to do that throughout the tournament or against better teams? 

I think they are a little vulnerable. They have an old and slow backline (plus Jorgino) and they play quite high. Turkey broke through the lines a couple of times but didnt make anything of it and I suspect better teams will. 

In front of goal they made a lot of bad decisions despite winning comfortably in the end. Again I think better teams will snuff out the likes of Insigne constantly cutting inside, especially if they can stop the fullbacks overlapping. 

I can see them playing really well, controlling the game but getting picked off by decent sides who possess that little bit more quality. Whoever does play them will know they have been in a game though and I can see them doing well.

That was really distressing to see. I can't believe the BBC didn't cut to the studio sooner rather than let everyone see him having his chest pumped and his teammates visibly upset.

Thankfully it looks like he's going to be ok, I really thought I'd just watched someone die. There's a picture of him conscious as he's being taken from the pitch and UEFA have said he's been taken to hospital and has been stabilised.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

That was really distressing to see. I can't believe the BBC didn't cut to the studio sooner rather than let everyone see him having his chest pumped and his teammates visibly upset.

Thankfully it looks like he's going to be ok, I really thought I'd just watched someone die. There's a picture of him conscious as he's being taken from the pitch and UEFA have said he's been taken to hospital and has been stabilised.

The footage of his girlfriend crying her eyes out really got to me. The broadcasting was shameful too, I'm watching on PortugueseTV so it's basically UEFA's cameras that decided to film all the angles - they should have cut to the studio or filmed the corner flags. 

So happy to hear he's stable and hoping he can make a recovery to lead a normal life - with immediate retirement I assume.

The worst thing I've ever witnessed watching a football match live. Hands down.

Amazing response from the medical staff, class by the fans staying in and chanting. Simon Kjaer appears to have acted like quite a hero today, consoling Eriksen's girlfriend, rushing to Eriksen's side - the Danish players fantastic for building a wall for privacy. Amazing ending though, that he's conscious and speaking and that his condition improved rapidly. What a miracle today was - could've been a tragedy....

The whole thing is really upsetting. Me and the missus had a tiny argument this evening and she’s in bed and we haven’t spoken since, and all because of the washing on the line. What’s happened tonight in Copenhagen puts the trivial stuff into perspective. I’ll be making sure we both know that in the morning. So glad to see he has pulled through, like a few others I thought I had watched him die live and in front of the whole world. 
Also, Alex Scott in the BBC studio, her words and response were great. Really had me moved. They should have cut to the studio straight away, it was clear and obvious how serious it was. 

Looks an unbalanced side for me. Trippier at left back is an odd one. Sterling and Foden both start when they have both been at their best for City down the left.

I would have thought Coady and Stones would have been a better pairing but Mings is left footed so it isnt a surprise that he starts.