IGNORED

Euro 2021

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

The Danish FA in a statement this morning asked for messages of support for Christian Eriksen to be sent to him through them so (at Palfy's suggestion) I've sent one on behalf of TT, hope everyone's OK with that.

Just responding to your earlier statement which encouraged sending messages of support to Christian Eriksen via yourselves. This comes from the relatively small but passionate community of Evertonians on toffeetalk.com.

We all watched with horror and disbelief as events unfolded at Parken Stadium yesterday, can't begin to imagine how it felt for your squad and staff and their families and friends in the stands and on the pitch, the fans there as well. I think when the news came out that Christian was on the mend the whole footballing world let out a sigh of relief, club and national allegiances had become completely irrelevant.

Please pass on our sincere best wishes to him and his family, hoping for a successful path back to full health.

MikeO Toffeetalk.com Admin

Very well put Mike

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just watching the England highlights back have to say the Croatian 'keeper reacted brilliantly when Harry Kane head butted the post, immediate reaction wasn't to be relieved not to concede but concern for Kane. Top marks.

Yeah I thought that, don't know whether he thought that Kane hit his head on the post and could have been unconscious (the Eriksen incident fresh in everyone's minds of course).

Thought that he had a good game footballing wise, but good to see he's a gentleman too.

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

BTW, how much did the FA have to pay to ensure all England's games are played at Wembley stadium? It seems more than a little unfair.

Same with the Dutch, Spanish, Italian and German teams. 

It's...it's almost like the biggest and richest FA's have a shocking amount of power in order to see their teams succeed. 

It’s the first time they have spread the tournament across the continent. So lots of major host cities, makes sense for the host cities to host their own national teams. 

Don’t see anyone moaning about Wales playing just outside Cardiff, in Baku. 😂

Portugal win 3-0 to start their campaign right :happy:. A lucky deflection for the first (through Guerrero) before Ronaldo added in two more late on.

France and Germany are up now, two heavyweights meeting up in the group stage. Hopefully the ingredients of an exciting match.

Edit: Early goal for France as Mats Hummels finds the back of his own net from a Paul Pogba cross. 1-0.

From the BBC pundits tips at the start of the tournament...

Ashley Williams: My hot take for the tournament is Turkey. Not a lot of people will be expecting them to do well but they have a good squad and will be right at it.

How's that working out Ashley?:P

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Ashley Williams: My hot take for the tournament is Turkey. Not a lot of people will be expecting them to do well but they have a good squad and will be right at it.

He is absolutely useless. Everything that's popped up with him saying XYZ, the complete opposite has happened. 

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

His predictions are as good as his defending then.

Was about to come on here and say that Martinez's Belgium look pretty stellar, and that if this is the football he's getting them to play, I'd have him here in a heartbeat. 

Then I remembered the players at his disposal for Belgium and what he'd have to work with here. Be like downgrading from a mansion in Beverly Hills to a mobile home in Tallahassee.

Nearly launched my remote through the TV when I saw that Ashley Williams had managed to get a gig doing punditry. I've only ever hated one player at Everton and that's him, still makes me infuriated that he was allowed to wear the shirt, nevermind the fucking armband. 

Not surprised to see that his predictions are about as inspiring as his attitude and work ethic.

32 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Was about to come on here and say that Martinez's Belgium look pretty stellar, and that if this is the football he's getting them to play, I'd have him here in a heartbeat. 

Then I remembered the players at his disposal for Belgium and what he'd have to work with here. Be like downgrading from a mansion in Beverly Hills to a mobile home in Tallahassee.

Made real hard work of Denmark and nearly lost the lead two or three times in the last 10 when they should've been controlling the game and defending comfortably. 

But also played some brilliant stuff and came back from behind to win.