IGNORED

Rafael Benitez

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I suspect you are right , I’ve even heard of blues wanting us to lose so he gets booted out quickly ☹️

It’s shit, but this is the kind of thing that happens when the club make divisive decisions. 

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

Can't believe people are wanting Everton to lose.

I think all those people who call themselves Everton Supporters should just do exactly that and Support Everton. 

I wouldn't give two fucks if Micky Mouse was our Manager as long as we are successful, and I think this new Manager will be more successful than the last half a dozen we've had.

Onward and upward.

Glad you agree that it's six previous managers, not ten :happy:.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I understand your point, but I completely disagree. These are reactions of people hurt by this decision and no one has the right to say they aren’t Evertonians. You might not like their actions and their opinions but they are entitled to them as much as any of us. 

It’s things like this that are not helping the cause. Someone supporting the club in a different way to someone else is absolutely no reason to make them not an Evertonian. 

I said in my post earlier that everyone is entitled to their opinion but i will stick to mine.

Any true Everton fan shouldn't want our team to lose regardless of the manager. 

Hurt, anger and upset is what 50% of the blues are feeling right now but all of us are 100% passionate about the club!

If those wanting Everton to lose or going to games to boo you're right- it's their actions and opinion so they're entitled to them.

The flip side of course, this will cause unrest in the ground amongst fans! We want to create a hostile atmosphere for the away team and fans not our own bloody team.

This is probably the most controversial appointment in my 41 years on the planet.

Some fans are happy

Some just okay

Some absolutely fucking livid.

Need to find a middle ground which is tough, probably something Houdini couldn't even muster up. 

Like most new seasons I'm excited to what we can achieve, which normally only last 15 games.

If Rafa does well i won't be one of those saying i told you so! 

I hope if the team are doing well, some might come around to the concept of Rafa being here- then maybe we can find some middle ground. 

If he was that good a manager teams would have bit his hand off instead of him going off to China. Out of his last six jobs the only club to put up with for more than years is Newcastle. 

His peak was in 2005 with the team Houlier built. Compare that side to the one he left and you see how poor a manager he is. His football is worse than Alladyce who the fans didn't give a minute.

21 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If he was that good a manager teams would have bit his hand off instead of him going off to China. Out of his last six jobs the only club to put up with for more than years is Newcastle. 

His peak was in 2005 with the team Houlier built. Compare that side to the one he left and you see how poor a manager he is. His football is worse than Alladyce who the fans didn't give a minute.

This is my feeling, too. I really don't care that he previously managed Liverpool, and everyone makes comments they regret. What concerns me is that he's Allardyce 2.0 and something of a 'has been'.

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Newcastle we’re desperate for him to stay and their fans are genuinely gutted he has come to Everton and who is to say he never had other offers?

There were other teams interested in him this time as well

Pretty certain the money on offer in China was more of a factor in him going there than a lack of other offers

He is credited with doing a great job at Chelsea under very difficult circumstances so I think you are way off the mark to suggest he’s done nothing since 2005

7 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

This is my feeling, too. I really don't care that he previously managed Liverpool, and everyone makes comments they regret. What concerns me is that he's Allardyce 2.0 and something of a 'has been'.

Surely a quick comparison of their respective CV’s would be enough to prove he is absolutely nothing like Fat Sam? 🤷🏻‍♂️

A lot of good balanced opinions here to be honest.

Fair play to all for that.

Personally think it would be horrible for our club if he got booed upon being introduced. I think even he could understand an awkward silence or subdued but polite applause.

I think I'd just kind of nod in acknowledgement 🤣

43 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Newcastle we’re desperate for him to stay and their fans are genuinely gutted he has come to Everton and who is to say he never had other offers?

There were other teams interested in him this time as well

Pretty certain the money on offer in China was more of a factor in him going there than a lack of other offers

He is credited with doing a great job at Chelsea under very difficult circumstances so I think you are way off the mark to suggest he’s done nothing since 2005

Newcastle fans are hardly known for their football knowledge. 

Since him managing Newcastle in the championship nearly every club above them has changed manager, add all the top leagues in Europe as well. Yet no one touched him. Why?

He's a multimillionaire, the extra ££ in China wouldn't make a difference to him.

If he was so good why did Chelsea get rid? Likewise Madrid, Inter. All less than a year!

He's declined from his peak since 2005. You disagree? Champions League to championship and China.

1 hour ago, milesey05 said:

Hurt, anger and upset is what 50% of the blues are feeling right now but all of us are 100% passionate about the club!

I think this maybe where this appointment has changed people a little. I certainly don't feel as passionate about the club at the moment. I am certainly not excited about the new season, at least not at this moment anyway. A couple of good new signings might change that sense of anticipation but it is more a sense of dread to be honest.

8 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Personally think it would be horrible for our club if he got booed upon being introduced. I think even he could understand an awkward silence or subdued but polite applause.

I think I'd just kind of nod in acknowledgement 🤣

I agree with this. If you don't like Benitez, the boos should be for Mohsiri (and the other board members). I will be giving Benitez a chance to show what he can do with this group of players before getting on his back, but I doubt I will ever like him. Maybe he might surprise me... I don't know... I am not sure what I really think at the moment!

https://www.football365.com/news/farhad-moshiri-rafa-benitez-very-distant-connection-liverpool

Part of this article was in the post Dunc made.

I am just astounded by some of the points Mohsiri has made.

1. 3000 players on a computer listing their injuries and such - He obviously hasn't heard of the internet.

2. Passion - Hmmmm

3. Winning mentality - Hmmmm. How long ago did he last have a winning record?

4. Rallies and banners against Martinez and Moyes - I must have missed that.

5. Distant connection to Liverpool - What a stupid comment.

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Top and bottom of it is this.....he has won more trophies than any of our previous managers bar Ancellotti.

We can look at Newcastle China or whatever and try and predict how he will do here..... It makes no odds, we will only know when he starts.

He isn't soft, both he and moshiri know that mediocrity on the level of Ancellottis season will be handled with complete protest.  Moshiri will need to back him, Rafa will demand that.... They are both in a situation where there must be results.

Im quietly optimistic.... But maybe it's wishful thinking

This right here. Surely they understand that this kind of appointment needs more immediate results than previous managers. He won’t get the same amount time to build a squad. 

1 hour ago, Pritam said:

Hi Guys,

I am a Liverpool fan. I absolutely love Rafael Benitez.

I am thrilled that he has been selected to be your manager. I am sure he will do very well for Everton. While we know that there is lot of animosity between the fans of the clubs, but I believe I am not alone when saying that we wish Everton always does well. We only wish Liverpool does better 😊.

I know he hasn't made the best remarks during his Liverpool days but it was almost a decade back. He must have realised since then that such remarks don't put him in a good light. During this dreaded pandemic, this has come as a good news. I am hopeful that he will be able to convince unhappy and angry fans that he will give his absolute best for Everton.

I especially expect Everton to do well in cup competitions and Europe in addition to finishing up higher than in the recent past.

Good luck guys. Stay safe and take care 🙂 of yourselves.

Pritam.

Hi Pritam sounds to me that Blue should be your colour, we are better class of supporter than the reds plus we have your favourite manager as well. It’s never to late mate to reverse the error of your ways, when you think about it you know it makes sense🙂

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

https://www.football365.com/news/farhad-moshiri-rafa-benitez-very-distant-connection-liverpool

Part of this article was in the post Dunc made.

I am just astounded by some of the points Mohsiri has made.

1. 3000 players on a computer listing their injuries and such - He obviously hasn't heard of the internet.

2. Passion - Hmmmm

3. Winning mentality - Hmmmm. How long ago did he last have a winning record?

5. Distant connection to Liverpool - What a stupid comment.

Every time he opens his mouth he makes a show of himself.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating now. He is here and we just have to accept it - whether we like it or not.

We can't be to hard on Benitez personal, he put his name in the hat and has landed a job he feels he can be successful at. After the interview process, he proved himself to the man who pays the bills that he is the best man for the job.

I was against him to start with, he didn't even come in to my thinking for any of my 5 votes (due to redhsite blind bias against him), when he became favourite for job - I though 'no chance the club will never hire him once the fans backlash is vented' - so much so I instantly put £25 on Nuno when his odds shifted out!! (not as clever a move as I first thought), I had every confidence that the board would see sense and not go near him due to the divisive nature of his appointment.

He is not a popular choice with many or most, but lets not kid ourselves he is a decent coach - you don't get his CV by chance. He is also proven and experienced at this level and the level we are aspiring too. We have had our fingers well and truly burnt with both Silva and Koenmen trying the next best thing with unproven managers, a steady pair of hands is probably what we need.

From all I have read Benitez is a much better coach and tactician than Ancelloti, where as Ancelotti is a good man manager of very top players. Benitez will give the players much more direction in what he wants them to do on the pitch. I heard a sound bite that Ancelotti's instruction was often ' just go out and play' - great when you have Worldies, but not so much when you the player are not at the very very top level.

Our problem will be the fans (and I include myself) simply getting over the fact that this is Rafa 'fucking' Benitez in the dugout.  Whether we like it or not, the success or failure of Benitez's will actually be down to us actually giving him a fair crack at the whip and getting over our preconceived biases against him.

I have heard he is a very nice chap who has done a lot of good work for the city of Liverpool, but on a professional side he is also ruthless in demanding the best effort and commitment out of both his players and employers. Perhaps this is why some clubs have shy in employing him - he has no qualms in holding owners to account if they are not doing all they can to bring success to the club. 

I have my fingers crossed that we all at least end up begrudgingly respecting him as he hopefully improved our club over then next few seasons. I am so tired of this manager merry go round!!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

There were banners against Martinez, at the end of his tenure is was as toxic as I've known Goodison and to be fair to Moshiri, he pulled the plug before the last game of the season against Norwich.

That said, the rest of your post I do agree with. Funny how his acknowledgement of Moyes means that he was in the frame to take over - even if unsuccessful.

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

There were banners against Martinez, at the end of his tenure is was as toxic as I've known Goodison and to be fair to Moshiri, he pulled the plug before the last game of the season against Norwich.

That said, the rest of your post I do agree with. Funny how his acknowledgement of Moyes means that he was in the frame to take over - even if unsuccessful.

Good point, I hadn't thought about the end of his tenure. I just presumed that Mohsiri was referring to the selection process post-Ancellotti.