IGNORED

Allan Saint-Maximin

I’ve only watched him five or six times, but am I missing something? He was a bit of a better Traore wasn’t he?

Very fast, very strong, very direct, very much a massive handful. A harder working Zaha for me. Better than a lot of players we have, but the price would have to be right.

Not sure why people are writing him off so easily though. Maybe I only saw his good games haha.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’ve only watched him five or six times, but am I missing something? He was a bit of a better Traore wasn’t he?

Very fast, very strong, very direct, very much a massive handful. A harder working Zaha for me. Better than a lot of players we have, but the price would have to be right.

Not sure why people are writing him off so easily though. Maybe I only saw his good games haha.

Quality player but he is injured a lot and the reported price tag is far above what his value is. If it was £20-30 million it’s about right. Exactly the type of player we need at RW, still think Leon Bailey is the best option however 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Quality player but he is injured a lot and the reported price tag is far above what his value is. If it was £20-30 million it’s about right. Exactly the type of player we need at RW, still think Leon Bailey is the best option however 

Agreed ive wanted Bailey for a long time, quality player there.

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Bailey is the vision when it comes to recruiting young, technical, and dynamic players. I would be ecstatic if we signed him. 

16 hours ago, Shukes said:

paying £50M for an attaching player who is only chipping in with only around 3 goals and similar amount of assist a season would worry me.  It's not like we are blessed with goal scorers at the moment.

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

paying £50M for an attaching player who is only chipping in with only around 3 goals and similar amount of assist a season would worry me.  It's not like we are blessed with goal scorers at the moment.

I do get that mate, but when I have watched he seems to be the one setting up the chances, but they aren’t being finished.

Isn’t  that more on the striker than him?

Newcastle we’re poor as an offensive outfit, but he stood out for me. But again, I o it watched him five or six times. Against us he was a royal pain in the ass.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Should we be worried that we'll next be looking to recruit someone from Dalian Professional? This is depressing.

You don't rate this lad???

Very good player.  Does what Richarlison threatens to do but often doesn't. 

just wondering if he was that great (£50M+) why do other 'big' teams not appear to be after him? He does seem to have great feet, but what is his final ball/shot/cross like? does he get dispossessed much? Is there much substance to him - otherwise could be a lot of money spend for little actual tangible return. 

I have not seen a great deal of him for full games - he has 'looked' good, but his business end of the field stats are nothing special when you look at them. Will we be be paying all this money to see a 'dozen' or so great dribbles a season, but little real return?  

£50M is a lot of money this summer. 

9 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

just wondering if he was that great (£50M+) why do other 'big' teams not appear to be after him? He does seem to have great feet, but what is his final ball/shot/cross like? does he get dispossessed much? Is there much substance to him - otherwise could be a lot of money spend for little actual tangible return. 

I have not seen a great deal of him for full games - he has 'looked' good, but his business end of the field stats are nothing special when you look at them. Will we be be paying all this money to see a 'dozen' or so great dribbles a season, but little real return?  

£50M is a lot of money this summer. 

We’re not spending big on a single player this summer so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.