IGNORED

Dwight McNeil

Aidan

2 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Were there not folks on here bullish on him before he moved to burnley? Or was that a different winger. 

I think you're thinking of someone else.

He was released from the United academy (I think it was theirs) and then Burnley signed him as a pup and he carried on through their youth set up.

17 minutes ago, c1982 said:

The 2 Burnley fans I know (which accounts for about 50% of their fan base) didn’t understand why we were chasing injury-prone Cornet and thought McNeill would be a much safer bet long-term. I must say - ignoring the obvious goals/assist stats, McNeill is my preference too. I think he’ll flourish here and just seems the ‘right fit’ to take us forward. Feels like a Moyes type signing which, in my opinion, is not a bad thing for a few windows until we’re looking like a rope half side again.

Let's hope you are right 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

"McNeil is now on Merseyside for a medical ahead of signing for the club, with the deal worth up to be at least, 15 million"

Deal can't be both "up to" and "at least". They contradict each other Mr Blobble.

Come on Mike! We're entering a world where words don't have common meanings anymore. Each word means something different for everyone and there is no right or wrong way to self-define any word (or combination of words). 

Imposing your narrow-minded, ideological, political, toxic-masculinity system of defining words on other people is wrong, hurtful and hateful. We live in a culture where lots of people have lots of different beliefs and definitions for all kinds of words. We cannot say 'I have this definition system and so therefore, I'm going to impose this on everyone.' You can't do that! This is 2022 and we have to be much more inclusive.

Btw... to join you on the bandwagon, that comma after 'at least' 🤦‍♂️

Something I haven’t seen mentioned too much here is his age and ability to play some different positions. The versatility is good given our financial constraints and the age suggests there might be more to come from him. Certainly if Frank can get that same bit of improvement he has gotten from Iwobi we’d have a quality player there. It’ll be nice to have someone who can really dribble 

One assist all season, however created something like 50 more chances (or so, from memory) than our highest player last season. Not that I want him here, but hopefully that softens the blow.

Edit: 47 more chances than any of our players. Source is EFC Statto on twitter so reliable.

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

They’re like fucking buses , nothing all summer then two come at once!

Who can know. Maybe Cornet was a first choice and we knew we could get McNeil if that didn’t work out. Maybe McNeil was preferred all along. *shrug*. I’m going to have high for any attacker who comes in under Frank. He should be able to get more out of them than most and there will be a real excitement for them to be coached by him. 

17 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Who can know. Maybe Cornet was a first choice and we knew we could get McNeil if that didn’t work out. Maybe McNeil was preferred all along. *shrug*. I’m going to have high for any attacker who comes in under Frank. He should be able to get more out of them than most and there will be a real excitement for them to be coached by him. 

Had a similar thought. I wonder if Cornet was a red herring who we used as leverage to get McNeil for less. Cornet seems likely to end up in London. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://insidefutbol.com/2022/07/27/burnley-give-assurance-to-dwight-mcneil-amid-everton-talks/570091/

👀 One assist!

I would rather have Cornet and I can’t see us getting both

He played for Burnley mate. Iniesta would have most likely struggled for assists. 
It’s how many chances were created that counts.

An assist is only an assist if you have a player that can put it away.

1 minute ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Had a similar thought. I wonder if Cornet was a red herring who we used as leverage to get McNeil for less. Cornet seems likely to end up in London. 

Looking in the other thread reports are we might still be trying to sign him. Though seems less likely (and less urgent for us).