IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

8 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I joked when Benitez was appointed that we might try to recruit players he managed at Dalian Professional. It was sarcasm, honest. I didn't mean to tempt fate. Guess for whom Rondon plays.

Most executives I've worked for recruit people they have had under them before - if you know someone is good at what they do and you have a need for their skillset then why wouldn't you recruit them? 

He cost nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Btay said:

He’s going to be third choice and that’s if Moise Kean leaves. Smart business if it means we can get this winger in from Porto as well.

Stop talking sense.   We've got no money to spend so the best way of dealing with that is to slag off the players coming in who cost nothing. 

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

I can't remember him being that bad? For some reason I thought he was a bit of a menace, a big unit - capable but nothing special.

This is the market we're in now. It is what it is. We have options up top and he'll most likely be in the background 'just in case'.

A bit like mitrovic in my opinion, very strong, holds the ball up well, very good in the air.  Solid backup to DCL

21 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I just hope he is still the player he was at Newcastle. 

I quite like the type of Striker he is.  Proper handful.   Good goals to game record. 

It's funny, Everton are gonna start looking like one of those teams we hate playing against.  You look at the team sheets and think "don't look much" but organised, efficient and disciplined. 

On 06/07/2016 at 17:52, Cornish Steve said:

Come on, Wales!!!!!

I read this morning that, because of the Euros, Wales will be ahead of England in the world rankings. Mind you, based on their performance, England might even trail Gibraltar in the world rankings.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/salomon-rondon-newcastle-tactical-analysis-statistics

Sound like he could be a bit of an underated player. Think he will be decent enough back up and a reasonable price. Our bench looked so weak at the weekend.  I think we all know the order of the day is penny pinching this summer, so maybe as good as we can expect this window. He is at least somebody who will lnow what will be wantwd under Benitez and fit straight in to the style of play.