IGNORED

Salomón Rondón

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

sounds like Rondon will be the most likely addition today. I am guessing he will be more use than Josh King was- who he would be essentially replacing from the squad we had at the end of last seasn.

I imagine Rafa would've loved King. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Remember when Moyes went to Sunderland and we all laughed at him taking our dregs. Welcome Rondon and Townsend.

How is this Rafa's fault? He clearly was given next to no money to spend, so of course he's gonna spend what little he has on proven EPL players who he has a good working relationship with. 

Jesus, the ignorance on here is astounding.

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but expectations are certainly low. Recruits from the Russian leagues proved poor. Will someone from the Chinese league prove somehow to be an improvement? We can endlessly claim this was a free transfer, but that's immaterial: Is this the level of quality to which we now aspire?

Get out there Salomon and prove me wrong - please.

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but expectations are certainly low. Recruits from the Russian leagues proved poor. Will someone from the Chinese league prove somehow to be an improvement? We can endlessly claim this was a free transfer, but that's immaterial: Is this the level of quality to which we now aspire?

Get out there Salomon and prove me wrong - please.

He’s not really from the Chinese League though given he’s performed well in England and our manager is very familiar with him. 

7 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

He’s not really from the Chinese League though given he’s performed well England and our manager is very familiar with him. 

Sorry to sound negative, but if he performed well in England, he wouldn't be playing in China. (The same could be said of our manager, but I'll pass on that for now.)

12 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sorry to sound negative, but if he performed well in England, he wouldn't be playing in China. (The same could be said of our manager, but I'll pass on that for now.)

He objectively did. He had 12 goals and 7 assists in one season with Newcastle under Rafa but he was there on loan. Rafa will have now managed him on 3 different teams so he clearly thinks he can do a job.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Remember when Moyes went to Sunderland and we all laughed at him taking our dregs. Welcome Rondon and Townsend.

I think both will prove to be very astute signings and given the financial straight jacket we are in at the moment are exactly what we needed

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Have you seen the players who went to China?  Absolutely crazy money being offered there.  Bale wanted to go. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

For those thinking this is a bad signing , just a reminder of our recent backup strikers

Tosun 

Traore

Kone

Kean

King

Niasse

Ramirez

Valencia

Personally I think he compares quite favourably with all of the above and on a free makes it a no brainier 

Pisses all over the ones above...

I watched him for west Brom and Newcastle and was impressed by his physicality and work rate.  

People often used to talk about one of our ex players as being a beast, this fella is.  Absolute nightmare for centre halves in the sense that he is physically dominant and is alive in the box.

Very very underrated. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

For those thinking this is a bad signing , just a reminder of our recent backup strikers

Tosun 

Traore

Kone

Kean

King

Niasse

Ramirez

Valencia

Personally I think he compares quite favourably with all of the above and on a free makes it a no brainier 

Totally unfair on Traore. He scored in every game he played for us. 

9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

How is this Rafa's fault? He clearly was given next to no money to spend, so of course he's gonna spend what little he has on proven EPL players who he has a good working relationship with. 

Jesus, the ignorance on here is astounding.

Ignorance, how so?

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Pisses all over the ones above...

I watched him for west Brom and Newcastle and was impressed by his physicality and work rate.  

People often used to talk about one of our ex players as being a beast, this fella is.  Absolute nightmare for centre halves in the sense that he is physically dominant and is alive in the box.

Very very underrated. 

He reminds me of Rom