IGNORED

Southampton (Home) Saturday 14 August

markjazzbassist

Just now, nyblue23 said:

Keane looks fucking awful and Holgate isnā€™t covering himself in glory, either. Why canā€™t we find a CB pairing who look like they give a shit?

I confess to being very nervous when I saw that defensive lineup. It reveals clearly the challenges we'll have this season. Godfrey and Mina are our strongest pairing right now, I would say.

Gray and Townsend at least showing energy and creating a few chances. Our loan bright spots were our two signings for 1.5 million pounds. Not good.

Holgate and Keane neither one deserve to wear the kit. Not a good way to start the season with Godfrey out. Also not good if we want to hold onto James. Just not good generally.

The two center halves & the two central midfielders have been absolutely abysmal in possession.

I can't believe Keane. It's a horrible mistake but he knows his weaknesses and shouldn't be caught out like that. It'll set a precedent for him for this season and he will go back to square one with trying to convince the fanbase be is good enough.

This is going exactly as expected, just surprised that Southampton didn't score sooner. We've been absolutely shite in every department, our plan seems to be twatting the ball either left or right and just hoping for the best, the midfield is being bypassed and the front two might aswell not be there.

Micheal Keane has been caught out five times (and that's just me counting, might be more). Booing at half time and everyone around me is fed up as fuck, madness how we're only 45 minutes into the season, this is going to be shiiiiiiiiiite to sit through every other week.