IGNORED

Huddersfield (A) 24th August

Btay

Alright quick turn around here.

More positives than negatives from our opening 2 games this season which is a pleasant surprise.

Important DCL & Richarlison get a rest here. Even Pickford.

Begovic

Kenny    Keane   Holgate     Niels 

Gbamin       Davies 

Townsend    James*       Iwobi 

Kean

* Not expecting him to play. Probably see Gordon LW and Iwobi central. Expecting Delph though as well unfortunately.

Keane plays so he doesnt on the weekend. 

Minutes for Godfrey would be a plus.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Alright quick turn around here.

More positives than negatives from our opening 2 games this season which is a pleasant surprise.

Important DCL & Richarlison get a rest here. Even Pickford.

Begovic

Kenny    Keane   Holgate     Niels 

Gbamin       Davies 

Townsend    James*       Iwobi 

Kean

* Not expecting him to play. Probably see Gordon LW and Iwobi central. Expecting Delph though as well unfortunately.

Keane plays so he doesnt on the weekend. 

Minutes for Godfrey would be a plus.

I think James should play if only to see what sort of commitment desire and effort he gives for shirt. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

@markjazzbassistwhat have you got planned for while this game is played? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

quick get another charity event on the go mark! At least you can feel good about life on a match day :lol: 

Again the time difference isn’t kind, 2:45PM middle of the workday.  Luckily I’m working from home so I will be able to watch this one.

also mods the game is Tuesday the 24 not the 23 listed in the title of the thread

• MikeO changed the title to Huddersfield (A) 24th August

Begovic

Kenny    Branthwaite   Holgate     Niels 

Gbamin       Davies 

Townsend    Iwobi       Gordon

Kean

easiest way for Rafa to win over skeptical fans (like me) is win a trophy (guaranteed Europe as well). I hope he is able to do so and bring the silverware to goodison

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Again the time difference isn’t kind, 2:45PM middle of the workday.  Luckily I’m working from home so I will be able to watch this one.

also mods the game is Tuesday the 24 not the 23 listed in the title of the thread

Sorry mate! I even worked that out ( it’s the 25th here ) by the time I made the topic as the 24th I was like ah can’t forget to take a day off but did it twice!  Dickhead 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think James should play if only to see what sort of commitment desire and effort he gives for shirt. 

You know my response will be predictable, right?

This is the Mickey Mouse Cup, and we shouldn't field a single first team player. There's absolutely no way James would be fired up for such a match; rightly, he'd wile away his time making daisy chains. 

Sad to say but the financial-doping likes of Man City and Chelsea, with their 2 sets of world class 11s, own this cup now. It's a waste of time anyone else even competing for it. Field the squad players for match fitness but treat the competition with all the seriousness and integrity that City and Chelsea treat Fifa Fair Play rules.

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Fantastic, time for the annual "We're too good for the Carabao Cup despite winning fuck all for 26 years" posts.

You want to win a meaningless cup? We just did so in Florida.

The last time we played Huddersfield, they were very physical, chopping down our players left, right, and center. Why would we risk anyone on our first team, right at the start of the season, and during a crowded schedule? If we were to lose Richarlison, DC-L, James, Godfrey, or the like, our season would be over before it even starts - and for what purpose? For most Prem teams, this cup represents a workout for their B-team. We'd be fools not to do the same. Geez - Spurs is even playing their B-team in the Europa conference.

I realize this attitude antagonizes others, so I promise to say no more on this subject for the rest of the season.

Begovic

JJ Kenny.  Godfrey.  Mina.  Niels

Davies.         Allan.        Gomes.

Townsend.   Kean.    Gray. 

Not the strongest team but should be good enough to beat Huddersfield.  We need to protect a few players and a few others need a rest.

On 22/08/2021 at 16:27, markjazzbassist said:

Begovic

Kenny    Branthwaite   Holgate     Niels 

Gbamin       Davies 

Townsend    Iwobi       Gordon

Kean

easiest way for Rafa to win over skeptical fans (like me) is win a trophy (guaranteed Europe as well). I hope he is able to do so and bring the silverware to goodison

I'd be happy with that XI, plus it has a possible little "shop window" benefit for transfers/loans

To be fair, there isnt a lot of captain material in that side and Keane is a bit of a mouse. At least Holgate will lead them to some capacity.

On the whole though it is a strong side and it will be interesting to see how cohesive they are.

Interestingly no Delph too! 🤞

Just now, Bailey said:

To be fair, there isnt a lot of captain material in that side and Keane is a bit of a mouse. At least Holgate will lead them to some capacity.

On the whole though it is a strong side and it will be interesting to see how cohesive they are.

Or Gordon, so you’d think he’s going out on loan. 

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Delph. isn't. Going. Anywhere.