IGNORED

Huddersfield (A) 24th August

Btay

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i give you all the credit in the world mate, you have never wavered in your valuation of keane

I had been optimistic in his purple patches but ultimately now I’m baffled that there’s people who still think he is what we need. 

2 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Actually manage to get a decent stream on Twitter but only caught the last 10 minutes of the first half and it looked like we were getting absolutely battered , have we been this shite all half?

we should be up at least 1 goal, kean had a goal wrongly called offside, he was onside and VAR would have given us the goal.  sadly no VAR in league cup.  other than that it's been back and forth, we had a good spell and kean and niels and townsend each had some clear attempts but 2 were missed and kean's was blocked by their keeper.  one of their players had a chance begovic blocked and then it fell back to him and he skied it, so it could go either way really.

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

we should be up at least 1 goal, kean had a goal wrongly called offside, he was onside and VAR would have given us the goal.  sadly no VAR in league cup.  other than that it's been back and forth, we had a good spell and kean and niels and townsend each had some clear attempts but 2 were missed and kean's was blocked by their keeper.  one of their players had a chance begovic blocked and then it fell back to him and he skied it, so it could go either way really.

Cheers, going as well as expected then!

Fair scoreline for the half. Our quality got us ahead, should have been two as Kean looked onside but then we went into our shell a little and they deservedly equalised after a few chances. 

No individual was to blame for that goal IMO. Both centre halves are marking a space and the ball just gets over Holgate and into the space just before Keane. Perfect delivery against the zone. Blame that on Rafa if you don't like it. 

As for the individuals:

Begovic - good save but can't kick.

Niels - good going forward but can't defend.

Branthwaite - doesn't look at this level at this stage.

Keane - solid

Holgate - solid

Kenny - solid

Davies - Love the breaks forward, wish he didn't have to defend outside of his comfort zone. Whilst this is a weird thing to say some of the passing angles he has stopped have been great but they can run pass him as they please when he is exposed. Nice assist too!

Gbamin - Athletic enough but can't pass. Will be one who dwells on the ball and gets caught.

Iwobi - Another solid half and took his goal well. Lively.

Townsend - Completely lacking in any quality.

Kean - hit and miss. Could be on a hattrick. Just dragged the first shot, did what he could with the second and his emphatically finished third was called offside. He didn't need to be that tight though. Just needs to sharpen up.

9 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Actually manage to get a decent stream on Twitter but only caught the last 10 minutes of the first half and it looked like we were getting absolutely battered , have we been this shite all half?

Oddly enough no. They hadn't really tested us all that much till the last 10 minutes of the half

12 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

60/40 in our favour I'd say, looked generally the better team and had the better chances too. Huddersfield did miss an open goal/half chance so they could probably argue about being in the game, but I think on balance you'd put your money on us after that first half. 

Not worried at all, but of course that's me speaking too soon and we'll probably lose 4-1 now :lol:. Moise Kean is looking surprisingly bright and energetic.

Kean sent off.

Hang on, what the fuck has Kean done wrong there? Late challenge so he gives the lad a shove, not seeing how that is violent conduct (i.e. - an elbow/headbutt). One of the most over the top sending offs I've ever seen :lol:.

Edit: People on Twitter saying that Moise made contact with the lads neck/face. But didn't look like it to me - really want to see it back zoomed in as I'm honestly gobsmacked.