IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

51 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Looking at Transfermarkt neither player has played as a wing back for their club.

Patterson played 20 odd minutes as a Right Mid but I imagine that was to shore up the defence than for his attacking capabilities.

That just what I have been reading in the media, but will confess not watched either of them play. I though Rangers played 5 at the back when Gerrard was in charge, but dont hold me to that. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

That just what I have been reading in the media, but will confess not watched either of them play. I though Rangers played 5 at the back when Gerrard was in charge, but dont hold me to that. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-nathan-pattersons-rangers-credentials-23592518.amp

This is the article made me beleive Patterson played wingback role at Rangers last year under Gerrard. 

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

I wonder if todays 3 at the back is going to become a more familiar set up with it looking like we will very shortly have two young lads who are both maybe more familiar playing as wingbacks as they are a conventional backs.  This would make sence in helping both them bed in to a new team. 

I hope not when we play 3 at the back no one takes responsibility and they all seem to switch off hoping someone else will sort the danger out. 

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/rangers/kris-commons-rangers-defender-nathan-patterson-is-a-better-player-than-james-tavernier-but-needs-regular-game-time-to-prove-it-3476625

I do like the things I am reading about Patterson, and it sounds just like the type of player player we should have been bringing in over the past 5 years. These types should have already been well embedded in to this squad. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

So Kiev and Rangers don’t play with five at the back? Genuine question as I’ve not got the foggiest and don’t want to see us bringing players in to do that. 

Not according to the website quoted.

I think the Ukraine play with wingbacks but he has barely played for them either.

10 hours ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-nathan-pattersons-rangers-credentials-23592518.amp

This is the article made me beleive Patterson played wingback role at Rangers last year under Gerrard. 

Dont forget he has barely played for Rangers.

I checked this season and last season and it only has him down as playing right back.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nathan-patterson/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/424015/verein/124

10 minutes ago, msloan78 said:

Would it be cynical to say we've already sold Digne and that's why he's not been playing. 

Mykolenko and Patterson are quite close to what we would expect to get for him terms of transfer fee.

I definitely think he will be sold and we have just spent his transfer fee already and that's why he wouldn't be aloud to go on loan 

3 minutes ago, Gets fan said:

Hi  guys 

Joined to see what you are saying about this young lad and to give you an insight from a rangers fan. 

There is no doubt young Nathan is a star in waiting has been talked about  for a few years and came thru the academy  at the same time as Billy Gilmour (chelski/norwich)

He is a good raw player who has his faults but needs games at a higher level to progress he is fast and determined  and a real trier  many rangers fans expect him to progress  rapidly with regular  games and exposure  to a better standard of opponent  also if you like better or different  coaching!

He is pretty much nails down the Scotland  nation team slot now which is a sign of his undoubted  talent .

He likes to attack and is not scared to shoot  does not seem to tire easily.

Many like me would like to keep him but he can't displace our captain JT who by any standard  has been an incredible  player for us in the last 2 years and is not looking like his decline  is anyway near yet.

So what with our losses last year £23 million  and the requirement that wee need 8 million noted in December's accounts to finish season  this deal makes a lot of sense for the club .

Everton are buying  a rough diamond  if you can polish him he will earn the club a big fee  going forward .

I think if he settles in and gets a good confidence giving start over the next few months  next year  you will all be talking about him 

We all wish him well  as most rangers  fans do for you guys we have many fans who have a soft spot for the toffees over the mob across the road from you . 

Good luck  for the rest of the season .

Thanks for that, interesting.

19 minutes ago, Gets fan said:

Hi  guys 

Joined to see what you are saying about this young lad and to give you an insight from a rangers fan. 

There is no doubt young Nathan is a star in waiting has been talked about  for a few years and came thru the academy  at the same time as Billy Gilmour (chelski/norwich)

He is a good raw player who has his faults but needs games at a higher level to progress he is fast and determined  and a real trier  many rangers fans expect him to progress  rapidly with regular  games and exposure  to a better standard of opponent  also if you like better or different  coaching!

He is pretty much nails down the Scotland  nation team slot now which is a sign of his undoubted  talent .

He likes to attack and is not scared to shoot  does not seem to tire easily.

Many like me would like to keep him but he can't displace our captain JT who by any standard  has been an incredible  player for us in the last 2 years and is not looking like his decline  is anyway near yet.

So what with our losses last year £23 million  and the requirement that wee need 8 million noted in December's accounts to finish season  this deal makes a lot of sense for the club .

Everton are buying  a rough diamond  if you can polish him he will earn the club a big fee  going forward .

I think if he settles in and gets a good confidence giving start over the next few months  next year  you will all be talking about him 

We all wish him well  as most rangers  fans do for you guys we have many fans who have a soft spot for the toffees over the mob across the road from you . 

Good luck  for the rest of the season .

Great to hear you speak so highly of him, unlike yourselves our current RB Coleman who has been a great servant to the club but is coming to the end of his career, and we need a young talent with passion to come in and carry on from where he leaves off sounds like we have the right man in Patterson. 

I definitely see the rough diamond although I haven't seen the same pace. I suspect he will be around average for the league in that position.

We bought a very rough diamond in that position a few years ago and that worked out OK albeit he needed more first team experience before he was ready. It will be interesting to see how that goes for him here. 

Was talking to one of our own today who is gutted to see him leave   he reckons his temperament  is as good as it gets  plus his good pal Gilmour  has has a rough ride going to the big smoke  will make him appreciate  how hard it is  compared to the spl which I am sure he will know  already .

The bouns for him in this move his family are not that far away if he feels unsettled  etc  but as said its thought he will take it in his stride.

Be interested  to see if he bulks up anymore now  as he definitely  looked a bit lightweight at times despite certainly  putting some muscle tone on the last 18 months not as lanky  looking as he is 6ft 2 tall .

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Out of curiosity did you expect Gerrard to come in for him knowing he could be a great player for little money in a year or two. 

No because  SG is in a position  where he probably  has money to spend on a better level of player than the young man is at the moment.

The most promising  2 players at Rangers  I would be worried about SG taking are Joe Aribo and Glen Kamara 

Also over last year when both  NP and JT were fit he always picked JT 

There is no doubt however SG and his coaches  pushed the young lad on to where he is today.