IGNORED

Nathan Patterson

c1982

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Did we overpaid massively for a kid not yet ready to play first team football? He wasn't first choice at Rangers as well... 

Rangers first choice right back Tavernier is their captain and arguably best player, so I’m not sure if that’s a massive strike against him.

He’s also come into a team battling relegation (while also trying to displace another captain!), so not exactly ideal for him to get pressure free game time.

I think with Patterson we’ll realistically need to wait a couple of years before we can start writing off/worrying about his transfer. He’s only 20, so he needs to be afforded the same patience as a youth player trying to break through. Everyone knows we’ve needed a young right back like him to ease game time from Coleman for years, but the young lad can’t help that situation!

Hopefully he does get to play in the FA Cup game and can put in a good performance.

I don't see Lampard wanting to drop the experience of Coleman often at the moment, if we can pull ourselves away from the current messy position he may feel he can give Patterson a game or two to show what he can do and get valuable experience.

Preseason will be big for him to stake his claim in the side.

Hopefully Kenny can continue to impress and we can have 2 young right backs pushing each other for that spot.

You only had to watch a couple of the videos of him to see he is very much a raw talent. 

He seems to have a solid all round game and a good head on his shoulders, so once he is settled and ready for this level, I can see him being a good signing. He will just need time, as will Mykolenko. 

It was a strange time to bring in two lads who arguably need time to get up to speed when we sold our only other left back abd have a right back that will fall apart soon. 

I think so many fans hyped his arrival, many who just wanted Coleman out of the team (and I don’t mean anyone on TT just social media in general), and expected him to get straight in. It was never going to happen. 
Hopefully he will be our right back for ten years, but for now there is no need to rush him. I trust Frank, and if he trust Seamus then so be it. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think so many fans hyped his arrival, many who just wanted Coleman out of the team (and I don’t mean anyone on TT just social media in general), and expected him to get straight in. It was never going to happen. 
Hopefully he will be our right back for ten years, but for now there is no need to rush him. I trust Frank, and if he trust Seamus then so be it. 

I also think Coleman has played relatively well since Frank has come in. He's obviously not the player he used to be, but he's doing a job

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

I expected him to have made his debut by now tbh. 

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Too much pressure on a young player who is still raw. Plus Seamus is Captain and leadership counts for allot.

Not really sure why that means Coleman can’t have been subbed off. You’re not telling me 4 up against Brentford at home and 3 up at home to Leeds isn’t comfortable enough? There’s no pressure there whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Very confident on the ball and, like Shukes says, his passing was very good.

I was surprised to see him come off at half-time before the awful JJK (first half) and Townsend (whole game). 

Felt it was harsh to see Patterson removed at half because I thought he played well but the system had to change. Tactics over emotions and have to say Frank got it right leaving JJK on.  JJK was my MOTM.  So if not Patterson, then maybe Townsend? (he played poorly even though he did put in the cross for the second goal) The whole team did not play well and goals were only going to come crosses out wide.  If I was in that position I would have probably taken Patterson off as well.  Good 45 mins under his belt now.  His time will come. 

Regardless of the competition you are playing your technical ability doesn’t change whether it’s good enough is a different matter, I was quite impressed with his first touch his passing in the way he always looked to keep the ball moving on the ground, he plays with his head up and didn’t panic when defending with long balls up to no one, he always managed to find a pass so we kept possession of the ball. I think Lampard will be happy that he’s got someone who can play and look after the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Btay said:

Needs to play for his energy alone. Coleman is finish - all sentiments about how lovely the bloke is have to put aside.

It shouldn't be underestimated just how much motivation he'll have to prove a point if he is given an opportunity.

I like Lampard but I really feel he's handling this particular issue all wrong.