IGNORED

Brighton (Away) Saturday 28 August

markjazzbassist

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Their xGA was but their xG wasn't anything special at the end of the season (10th). They went through a spell of missing sitters but then stopped creating as many chances so it evened out. 

I agree about Bissouma though, quality player. 

Is this some form of genetics that we have now introduced when discussing matters of football. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

What is wrong with godfrey?   Why is Townsend starting over iwobi who has been great so far?  Lineup doesn’t inspire me

Think Iwobi had a niggle. We are so thin on the bench. Keane and Holgate both need to improve dramatically here

Basically we've not got a bench so will need to win this in 90 minutes with the same XI players that are starting the game - bar perhaps Iwobi. 

Two goalkeepers was fine when we could name about 67 substitutes during the pandemic, but doesn't make sense here. I guess it just shows how poor our depth is (and could be Benitez showing the board that too).

Not convinced, but Rafa has given me no reason to doubt him so far.

6 minutes ago, patto said:

You can’t expect a player to be out injured for 4 months and come back and be a stand out player in his first game. 
he’s just 19 ffs 

He didn’t set the championship alight either.

As you said, he’s just 19. Our 28 year old, england capped centre back should be standing up and taking on the mantle. Not the kid.

I like the intent behind the starting line up. Can see what we are trying to do there. Needs to work because, as you all say, that bench ain't getting us out of shit if it's needed.

And, yeah, Godfrey? Has he a niggle or something? Most impressive player for me last year.