IGNORED

Neal Maupay

c1982

I quite like Maupay - he needs to be more clinical in front of goal, no doubt, but his work rate and general play is quality. He wouldn’t be my first choice but certainly offers qualities I think we’re lacking. I see a lot of James Vaughan in him - our fans get behind that kind of effort/desire.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

I quite like Maupay - he needs to be more clinical in front of goal, no doubt, but his work rate and general play is quality. He wouldn’t be my first choice but certainly offers qualities I think we’re lacking. I see a lot of James Vaughan in him - our fans get behind that kind of effort/desire.

He's a Naismith character for me, which is no bad thing. But we need better especially if we're selling Richarlison. 

Edit: just catching up on some of the other tripe being posted and actually think Maupay with DCL in a 442 or just behind him would be a good option. He's going to cost so much more than he's worth though and I highly doubt BHA will sell last minute.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

He's a Naismith character for me, which is no bad thing. But we need better especially if we're selling Richarlison. 

I’d guess that McNeil is our prime target to replace Richarlison… once again McNeil has a lot of qualities I like but not necessarily my first choice.

Nothing against any of the lads we have signed, but we are not moving forward, we seem to be paddling like mad to stay still.

The last five numptys we have had in charge have either spent or taken for themselves all the cash, now we have someone who might actually know what he's doing, we put

handcuffs on him. I know about the ffp but we allowed ourselves to get in this position, and other clubs break the rules and argue about it at a later date, and nothing

happens.

SSN did suggest it does not matter if you are not in a European competition.  

• 11 months later...
33 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I thought we had a fair few players to integrate in to a team over the next few months. Forest have a near total new team. 

Whole new squad! Imagine being one of the players who earned promotion and now there's 20 new faces to contend and compete with. Disrespectful and dangerous in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

Whole new squad! Imagine being one of the players who earned promotion and now there's 20 new faces to contend and compete with. Disrespectful and dangerous in my opinion. 

Fans must feel a bit strange as well, eight of their new signings started today, it does seem like a kick in the teeth for those that brought them up; and if they go straight down again they'll likely be stuck with a lot of players on big contracts. Big gamble.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Fans must feel a bit strange as well, eight of their new signings started today, it does seem like a kick in the teeth for those that brought them up; and if they go straight down again they'll likely be stuck with a lot of players on big contracts. Big gamble.

To add a bit of context they’ve lost 4 out of the 11 players that started for them in the playoff final, so their first team was always going to need an overhaul. They definitely haven’t half-arsed it though!