IGNORED

Luis Díaz

Porto need to sell, so I can see this one happening. There's talks that Jesus Corona will also be leaving for either Sevilla or AC Milan before the window closes too.

Luis Diaz is arguably Porto's best player, so whereas I'm not sure we need another winger this would certainly be of the standard that I could get behind.

James going the other way makes me sad as I wanted him to make it here and be the player that we all know he can be, but to be honest he's just not been fit enough to justify his salary.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Porto need to sell, so I can see this one happening. There's talks that Jesus Corona will also be leaving for either Sevilla or AC Milan before the window closes too.

Luis Diaz is arguably Porto's best player, so whereas I'm not sure we need another winger this would certainly be of the standard that I could get behind.

James going the other way makes me sad as I wanted him to make it here and be the player that we all know he can be, but to be honest he's just not been fit enough to justify his salary.

If Diaz is prodominately left winger, who likes to come in and shoot with his right and chips in with a fair goals himself, it would seem logical to me that he would be somebody who would step in to Richarlison's position in the starting 11. If not where does this £30m player start. £30m I didnt think we had? 

6 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

If Diaz is prodominately left winger, who likes to come in and shoot with his right and chips in with a fair goals himself, it would seem logical to me that he would be somebody who would step in to Richarlison's position in the starting 11. If not where does this £30m player start. £30m I didnt think we had? 

The Kean deal makes it likely some funds will be available, at least that is my understanding 

17 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Yeah, this one seems like it's maybe hinging on Richarlison to PSG

2 hours ago, patto said:

James may not agree to the deal.

Very true, although it's pretty obvious that he's unhappy at the club and has been frozen out by Benitez. He has played at Porto before (his first European club) so I think he would be happy to return to his roots and play for them again - not to mention that he would absolutely tear up the Liga NOS, should he still have the desire.

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

The Moise Kean money, probably.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Very true, although it's pretty obvious that he's unhappy at the club and has been frozen out by Benitez. He has played at Porto before (his first European club) so I think he would be happy to return to his roots and play for them again - not to mention that he would absolutely tear up the Liga NOS, should he still have the desire.

The Moise Kean money, probably.

Nah, looks like Moise is headed out on loan. This money will be coming from a Richarlison sale

25 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Nah, looks like Moise is headed out on loan. This money will be coming from a Richarlison sale

Loan with obligation to buy which is effectively the same as a sale for the purposes of our finances (at least that’s what I’ve read). Also we are all assuming we have 0 funds to spend but I don’t know to what extent that is true. Possible we were just waiting to have other business sorted or we simply didn’t like the deals offered earlier in the window. 

7 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Loan with obligation to buy which is effectively the same as a sale for the purposes of our finances (at least that’s what I’ve read). Also we are all assuming we have 0 funds to spend but I don’t know to what extent that is true. Possible we were just waiting to have other business sorted or we simply didn’t like the deals offered earlier in the window. 

Some places are saying it's an option to buy, which will be no use to us whatsoever.

26 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

Where are you seeing obligation? I've only seen option.

And even if it is obligation, wouldn't that money only be available when he's sold, i.e. the end of the loan?

23 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Where are you seeing obligation? I've only seen option.

And even if it is obligation, wouldn't that money only be available when he's sold, i.e. the end of the loan?

Just going by what I’ve read and heard other people reference. You might be right but as I understand it the obligation to buy means the purchase would take place at the end of this season but would allow us to count it towards our books now. Again, speculative so take with a grain of salt. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

If not where does this £30m player start. £30m I didnt think we had? 

Say we get £5m for the initial loan of Kean that is equivalent to us signing a £25m player over a 5 yr contract if we’re spreading the payment over the 5 years. It’s my understanding that we could sell a player for say £25m spread out over 5 years and be able to report that as £25m income on this year's balance sheet then do the same when signing someone on the same deal and only have to put £5m each year so technically we’re +£20m in the first year.

I understand Kean is going, but reports are that it is a loan. But in  any case, if there is £30m to now spend, give me one good reason why it would be used to purchase a high quality left side attacking play. I am only guessing, but maybe in the next couple of days we might have an opening in this position. I am open to other suggestions on why we would spend a big chunk of money a left sided attacker? 

19 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I understand Kean is going, but reports are that it is a loan. But in  any case, if there is £30m to now spend, give me one good reason why it would be used to purchase a high quality left side attacking play. I am only guessing, but maybe in the next couple of days we might have an opening in this position. I am open to other suggestions on why we would spend a big chunk of money a left sided attacker? 

So Richarlison can play more centrally with Calvert-Lewin? So when Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin are unavailable, we have more top quality options?

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

So Richarlison can play more centrally with Calvert-Lewin? So when Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin are unavailable, we have more top quality options?

and that's a priority for any any limited funds made available this summer?

seem a bit of a coincidence that we might spend £30M on a left sided attacker, in the same few days there are rumours of strong interest in Richy. Not saying it is a good thing, just he looks like a potential quality replacement. 

14 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

and that's a priority for any any limited funds made available this summer?

seem a bit of a coincidence that we might spend £30M on a left sided attacker, in the same few days there are rumours of strong interest in Richy. Not saying it is a good thing, just he looks like a potential quality replacement. 

I don’t think Richy is going but I do think it will be hard to keep him next summer. Having a guy who can slot in as a replacement already in place would be shrewd and would mean we can spend the Richarlison money (assuming he leaves) on lotssss of upgrades elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t think Richy is going but I do think it will be hard to keep him next summer. Having a guy who can slot in as a replacement already in place would be shrewd and would mean we can spend the Richarlison money (assuming he leaves) on lotssss of upgrades elsewhere. 

Spot on 👍🏼

It will more than likely take Diaz time to settle too - we may not see the best of him until next season.

19 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Some lovely touches and finishes here…

Please get this done EFC!!!

That needs to be destroyed if PSG see that they won’t be interested in Richarlison there go straight for him, what a finisher he is with good ball control and a few tricks what’s not to like 👍 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

That needs to be destroyed if PSG see that they won’t be interested in Richarlison there go straight for him, what a finisher he is with good ball control and a few tricks what’s not to like 👍 

Yea, his highlights are epic. I worked out that his league goals for them over the last two years workout to 12 in basically 38 games worth of playing time which is a nice return. I’ve no knowledge of the rest of his game but there are some very high level finishes in there.