IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Monday 13 September

markjazzbassist

The soft schedule continues with Burnley at home.  We had 34% possession last match and that won't work at home against Burnley.  I am interested to see how Rafa sets us up and orders the players to play knowing Burnley will be sat back.  Hopefully the knock DCL had isn't too bad and we get Mina/Godfrey/others back healthy.

Pickford

Coleman Holgate Godfrey Digne

Iwobi Doucoure Allan Gray

Richarlison DCL

Think Rafa has shown some flexibility in tactics. I’d like a 4-3-3 with Dom, Richy and Gray encouraged to stay further forward. Would start Keane over Holgate because Burnley will look to hurt us at set pieces.

Pickford 

coleman  Keane    Mina     Digne 

Allan 

Doucoure             Iwobi 

Gray                 DCL           Richarlison

If Godfrey is fit, wouldn’t mind him in for either CB or even a RB to add height.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Pickford 

Holman  Keane    Mina     Digne 

Allan 

Doucoure             Davies 

Gray                 DCL           Richarlison

I'm not sure a Fly like experiment would be advisable mate 

Pickford 

Holgate     Mina     Keane      Digne 

Allan 

Doucoure               Iwobi 

Gray                DCL               Richarlison 

Holgate, Mina and Keane to sit as a 3 as I expect us to have plenty of the ball here. Digne push on with Richarlison to come central with DCL.

Bench,

Begovic, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Kenny, Gomes, Gbamin, James, Townsend, Rondon

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Pickford 

Holgate     Mina     Keane      Digne 

Allan 

Doucoure               Iwobi 

Gray                DCL               Richarlison 

Holgate, Mina and Keane to sit as a 3 as I expect us to have plenty of the ball here. Digne push on with Richarlison to come central with DCL.

Bench,

Begovic, Godfrey, Niels, Kenny, Gomes, Gbamin, James, Townsend, Rondon

Niels is on loan mate unfortunately.  

This would actually be a good game for James to play as we should actually see more possession, they're the only team in the league that have less possession than us!  However I don't see that happening.

We had 65% possession last season but put in a poor performance in a 2-1 defeat after being 2 down in 25 minutes.  In that game Holgate was right back but Coleman came on and made a big difference providing us some attack on the right.  The difference between then and now so far as the right side goes is then we had Davies playing out on the right while now we'll have more attacking intent and pace from Townsend.  We were also missing Doucoure on that day actually I don't even want to compare the two sides as we played such a dire sluggish performance in that game and I'd expect a lot more pace and energy here.

Pickford

Holgate/Godfrey   Keane  Mina    Digne

Allan      Doucoure

Townsend         Richarlison      Gray

DCL

Gone with the attacking pace, Richarlison just in behind DCL and Gray and Townsend on the wings.  Doucoure box to box getting stuck in all over again.  If Godfrey is fit I'd like him to be playing, either in Centre back or right back. 

McNeil on their left is the main concern so I'd probably favour Godfrey as the better defender of the two even if he's not as comfortable pushing up the wing on that side.

31 minutes ago, patto said:

Have you seen anything about Godfrey being fit I've seen no training clips this week.

Just been onto the fantasy Football site and if you try to sign him it tells you he has 75% chance of playing.  No injury given it just says lack of match fitness. So I don't know what's going on there. 😱

5 minutes ago, patto said:

Rondon and James struggling and no sign of Richarleson or did I miss him. 

Noticed James as well but didn't think he was as bad. That last jog both of them are moving their shoulders far too much compared up Gbamin. 

No idea where Richarlison is.

fuckin hell lads, 3 minutes of training video and we've drawn conclusions on the fitness of our squad!!

Rondon didn't look the most eager trainer, I'd imagine he'll get some game time on Monday but not a massive amount.

James probably happy to have another Spanish speaking South American to joke around with, him and Mina always seem like their having a great crack.

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

fuckin hell lads, 3 minutes of training video and we've drawn conclusions on the fitness of our squad!!

Rondon didn't look the most eager trainer, I'd imagine he'll get some game time on Monday but not a massive amount.

James probably happy to have another Spanish speaking South American to joke around with, him and Mina always seem like their having a great crack.

So you can't judge fitness on a short video, but you can judge eagerness?

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Eagerness is immedietely apparent while fitness needs a longer look, so I'd say yes.

The video is a longer look, not just a snippet of him warming up, it's a little bit of everything. At the end of it he's clearly knackered, and throughout you can tell he's struggling.

As his eagerness goes. I don't see how anyone can judge he's not trying based on the video, he's not given up and he's forcing himself to try and keep up.

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The video is a longer look, not just a snippet of him warming up, it's a little bit of everything. At the end of it he's clearly knackered, and throughout you can tell he's struggling.

As his eagerness goes. I don't see how anyone can judge he's not trying based on the video, he's not given up and he's forcing himself to try and keep up.

Not seen the video, was commenting theoretically.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not seen the video, was commenting theoretically.

Ah, fair enough. In the vid the last jog @3:20 is very telling, his posture/form has gone out the window. 

22 hours ago, pete0 said:

Mina, James and Gbamin back in training too.

Rondon looks like he's struggling, could be a few weeks before his fitness is there. 

https://youtu.be/6cIUhMQ7Okk