IGNORED

Burnley (Home) Monday 13 September

markjazzbassist

I don’t mind the 3 at the back for burnley given the 2 big lads they have up top. However we aren’t winning the midfield so our wingbacks are too deep which is making it a 5 at the back. 

Need to up the tempo and really get at them. I would like to see Rondon on for Townsend with Richarlison and Gray wide. Rondon should relish the physical battle.

Mess of a first half but it's mainly down to poor decision making and even poorer conviction. I really can't see Rafa going to a back 4 he clearly has no confidence in any of our two centre halves competing with Barnes and Wood.

Maybe Iwobi can spark it into life, but I can see the same team coming back out after a kick up the arse.

Doucoure, Allan & Digne's passing have all been abysmal, Keane has looked nervous from minute one and Richarlison is (obviously) having zero luck on his own against Tarkowski and Mee. The only good thing I can say about that half is that Pickford's distribution has looked good.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

5 centrebacks at HOME to burnley, we have 46% possession, yes  burnley FUCKING burnley have more possession than us at home

Rafa benitez folks.  not a fan.

Can't fault him for not having faith in a back 4 against Wood and Barnes. Also can't blame him for all of the piss-poor passing we've displayed.