• Ben Godfrey
    • Lucas Digne
    • Michael Keane
    • Allan
    • Abdoulaye Doucouré
    • Andros Townsend
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison

I've gone Doucoure but Townsend would be close behind.  Doucoure really is giving so much to the team under Rafa with that bit of extra freedom.  Wins the ball all over, plays some beautiful passes and gets into positions to score as well.

Likewise Townsend is proving a lot of people wrong.  Lovely cross for the first goal, so useful to be able to switch feet and give that in swinger.  The goal was sublime and he made a few similar runs in the game, one that produced a foul and another that he another lovely shot from.  Really dangerous player for us.

Great run and finish from Gray as well though didn't have as much action in the game overall.

Mention for Gomes who came on and did a top job helping us take control in midfield, played it round well and was really composed, shame about his horrendous close range miss and his awful shot from the edge! 😂

Andros. Quality assist and goal. Never stopped running.

Keane - great header

Mina - needed to do more for their goal but really dominated the second half.

Gomes looked tidy.

Rafa - excellent. Short corner was a clear tactic and it worked. Second half set up was perfect down the every man. Excellent subs, his attitude is evident through out every player.

Wanted to go for Gray purely for how happy he looked during his celebration it really meant a lot to him. Couldn't look past Townsend though for the ball in for Keane and the absolute thunderbolt that was his goal. Doucoure also massively improved for that last half an hour or so.

It's not just because of the goal, but the assist for Keane plus his overall link up play meant I went for Townsend. The lad was just everywhere tonight and he's really becoming into what I want in an Everton player - gives 110% and runs himself into the ground. You can spend £50m on a player but if they don't give a shite then it's pointless, Andros is so far exactly what we need.

Allan a close second to be fair, thought he did all the shitty work in the first half and then did that, plus more in the second. 

I don't think it could be anyone but Townsend for those moments of magic.

Doucoure was a real driving force in the turnaround but he still played like he had two left feet for most of it. 

Mina was probably my 2nd. I wouldn't say he was foot perfect but he was easily the best centre half and probably one of only a couple that was 6/10 in the first portion of the game.

Pickford deserves a special mention. Constantly bollocking them for more movement and eventually fucked off the short passing which helped get us the ball in the oppositions half and playing faster. Rafa will probably bollock him for going against orders even though he's saved him from a backlash today.

First half Pickford gave Keane (and the other two) an earful and the cheeky git argued back. All the centre halves needed to take more responsibility. Keane, even with the goal he failed to acknowledge Townsend until he realised his teammates had ran to Townsend rather than himself. Mina easily the better of the three, Godfrey can't complain at coming off, it was a toss up between him and Keane.

Coleman and Digne were both solid but unimpressive. Although I did like to see Digne win a couple of headers he had no right to. 

Allan. Not been overly impressed with him, seeing him in the flesh, now even less so.

Doucoure. Beautiful pass for his assist. Would be motm if not for his first touch.

Gray. Lively but wasn't quite coming off for him. Same would be said about Townsend, but then it clicked and what a ball for the first. Changed the game.

Richi. Ran all day but should have been winning more than he was. Too often he'd back in too much and they'd just poke the ball away from him. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

Between Doucoure and Townsend. 

Don't get the Mina shout at all, especially with the dramatic way he went down for the goal.

He needed to do more but in all fairness he was the only 1 of 3 centre backs who took up a remotely useful position defending.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

If he'd have stepped up a yard at least 2 maybe 3 forwards would have been offside. Other than that he was OK.

Keane would have kept them all on. He drops to the same line as Keane as the ball is played in. All 3 of our defenders are naive in that moment.

Godfrey - initially wins the header which is good but rushes out when Digne was going to the ball.

Keane - too deep, looks over his shoulder and sees 4 burnley players and just Mina, doesn’t react to get into any sort of position at all. 

Mina - Drops a yard deeper to get in line with Keane, doesn’t get his head to it and tries to buy a foul but just looks awkward. 

1 hour ago, Btay said:

He needed to do more but in all fairness he was the only 1 of 3 centre backs who took up a remotely useful position defending.

I don't even mind that he made that mistake. But he went down like he'd been shot in the back. If he'd gone down normally, I think VAR disallow the goal 

58 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't even mind that he made that mistake. But he went down like he'd been shot in the back. If he'd gone down normally, I think VAR disallow the goal 

Yeah honestly I’d love to live a day inside his head and see how he sees the world. The man is something else that’s for sure 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I went with Keane he’s had a pretty horrific start to the season, but today he has confirmed he is still probably our best CB. 

Apart from the chance he gave Wood early on that most weeks is a guaranteed goal!

3 hours ago, Btay said:

I don't think there was anything else he could do. It was a bit of an impossible task. He gets a really clever nudge from Tarkowski as the ball comes in, pushing him deeper and just far enough under the ball that he can't get a touch on it.

I am disappointed in Coleman for that goal too. He can see the rest of the defensive line and it is all well and good waving people out but you have to react to what is in front of you. Keane set the line by his position, Mina followed and Coleman watches until it is too late. The point they score is the position Coleman should have been in. He would have still been 2 v 1 against much bigger guys so I doubt it would have changed anything.

21 hours ago, Matt said:

Between Doucoure and Townsend. 

Don't get the Mina shout at all, especially with the dramatic way he went down for the goal.

Where I was sitting there was a groan every time he got put on his backside. It was like watching a kid continually get shoved over on a playground. Felt sorry for him by half time.

But I would say that as soon as we were winning and needed him to soak pressure up… he did step up a bit and started winning headers.

53 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Where I was sitting there was a groan every time he got put on his backside. It was like watching a kid continually get shoved over on a playground. Felt sorry for him by half time.

But I would say that as soon as we were winning and needed him to soak pressure up… he did step up a bit and started winning headers.

Oh well, that's reassuring. He failed at doing his job when we need him to but when others did their job and got us ahead he decided to chip in :lol: