IGNORED

Norwich (Home) 25th September

Romey 1878

Begovic

someone we failed to buy*          Keane    Mina     Digne (hopefully)

Allan     Gomes     Doucoure

Townsend                  Gray                          Gordon

* Godfrey I guess, I didn't see Kenny at the weekend so don't know how he got on.

More likely

Begovic

Godfrey    Mina    Keane   Digne

Townsend       Allan    Doucoure      Gray

Iwobi

Rondon

Rondon not fully fit still it seems but been underwhelming thus far, I quite fancy going with the Gray as a bit of a false 9 with 2 fast good attackers to his side and some support through the middle from Doucoure and Gomes.  I expect though we'll see something very similar if not the same as Saturday.

53 minutes ago, RPG said:

Rondon has had a couple of matches to sharpen up but still looks very slow and unfit. I hope he is in better svhape for the Norwich game. Not sure if Digne will be fit or not. If he is hen he plays on the left of a back four.

Begovich

Kenny. Keane. Mina. Digne

Allan. Doucoure.

Townsend. Iwobi. Gray

Rondon

I toyed with Godfrey at RB but would like to see him in his more natural cb position if he does play.

If the game is won nice and early it might be time to see if Gbamin is ready for 30 minutes. Bring him on for Iwobi and change to 4-3-3.

I think this is the team we will see.

If Godfrey does play RB, I think it will be to sharpen him up more. Same with Rondon.

Just now, barryj said:

I’ve brought this for first two games and haven’t been asked. Last game they didn’t even check/search the rucksack I took in with me. 

Security is an absolute joke at Goodison to be honest and miles behind other stadiums. When entering Old Trafford I had to leave my rucksack in a secure area outside of the grounds perimeter and then on both occasions visiting the Camp Nou there have been security wands, frisks (if needed) and metal detectors. 

It's always been a bug bear of mine that you can practically waltz into the ground unchecked providing you have a ticket.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Security is an absolute joke at Goodison to be honest and miles behind other stadiums. When entering Old Trafford I had to leave my rucksack in a secure area outside of the grounds perimeter and then on both occasions visiting the Camp Nou there have been security wands, frisks (if needed) and metal detectors. 

It's always been a bug bear of mine that you can practically waltz into the ground unchecked providing you have a ticket.

Normally they do a half hearted attempt at a search but as the queues were still long after ko against Burnley they just let everybody in. You either need it or don’t! And in the world we live in I’m with you and think the latter. 

Looks like Pickford will be back.

That means an extra body on the bench!  2 Goalkeepers!

sounds unlikely we'll have Richarlison or Calvert-Lewin for the Man Utd game next week 😒

No Gomes (injured from league cup)

Regular sick notes Gbamin and Delph are also out still.

Our fit squad for the weekend looks like it just about fills the 8 sub spots:

Pickford, Begovic, Lonergan

Kenny, Holgate, Keane, Digne, Mina, Godfrey, Branthwaite

Allan, Doucoure, Davies

Gray, Townsend, Iwobi, Rondon, Gordon, Simms

2 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

why not give Simms a go at striker to start What do thy have to lose when other option is out of shape rondon

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

Totally agree. I'd like to see Simms play since Rondon is unfit and ineffective right now.

Probably because he hasn't played for even longer than Rondon.

4 hours ago, patto said:

The difference is Mark Simms is 11 yrs younger and after 2 weeks training I think he would be more effective than Rondon. 

That’s nice but another fact is that he hasn’t played football six months is it? Which was due to an injury (didn’t he have an operation for it?).

So while I also think Rondon has looked terrible, I think it’s a bit stupid to expect someone that’s been out injured for that long to come in and do a better job. Then you couple that with another fact of him being a kid that has never played at this level before and it becomes even more ridiculous to think it’s a good idea to throw him in to lead the line.

If we’re not going with Rondon (I hope we don’t), I think a better option is to throw Gray up there.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s nice but another fact is that he hasn’t played football six months is it? Which was due to an injury (didn’t he have an operation for it?).

So while I also think Rondon has looked terrible, I think it’s a bit stupid to expect someone that’s been out injured for that long to come in and do a better job. Then you couple that with another fact of him being a kid that has never played at this level before and it becomes even more ridiculous to think it’s a good idea to throw him in to lead the line.

If we’re not going with Rondon (I hope we don’t), I think a better option is to throw Gray up there.

Then why has he been on the bench? You don't put someone on the bench when they're not fit to play.

Pickford

Godfrey      Mina      Keane      Digne 

Andros    Doucoure    Allan       Iwobi

Gray          Rondon 

Thats about the best we got I think. A win is important, a draw is disappointing but a loss it’s devastating. I’ll be more upset if we draw 2-2 than 0-0 as I feel we have enough first time defenders and CM’s to cope. Offensively we are not so strong.

7 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Then why has he been on the bench? You don't put someone on the bench when they're not fit to play.

To fill a space. If he was ready then I think we'd have seen him come on.

Look, Rondon has looked crap but a manager is always going to go with the more experienced player in that situation. They're not going to ask a young lad just coming back from injury to lead the line against seasoned professionals.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

To fill a space. If he was ready then I think we'd have seen him come on.

Look, Rondon has looked crap but a manager is always going to go with the more experienced player in that situation. They're not going to ask a young lad just coming back from injury to lead the line against seasoned professionals.

Yup, think youngsters are often put on the bench, at every club, just to give them the feel of what a match day experience is like. Very small chance of them getting on the pitch unless for the last few minutes when the game is well won.

11 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It will give the young lad valuable exposure to being part of the senior match day squad. Even if he is not fit enough to play it still valuable for him to get experience of the Everton/Benitez match day routine. It pretty common to introduce young players to the match day squad this way. When he is fit enough to play and be called upon, he will be much more relaxed and familiar with being in the match day squad. 

On 23/09/2021 at 19:18, Zoo 2.0 said:

Me and a couple of mates went to Challenge Cup Final (Rugby League) this year. All blocked off at the bottom of the stairs before getting near the stadium, so that they could check Covid proofs on phones.

My mate was let in because... He had an honest face! 🤦🏽