IGNORED

Spurs (Home) 7th November

dunlopp9987

That was a huge half for us, if only because we played with steel and guts, and no one shit the bed.  Something we haven't done for weeks.  Nearly dicked it all up at the very last though.

We'll need to step it up in the other half, because I don't see Conte putting up with another half like that.

Oh, and the ref is a peen. 

At least we have carried on this half how we ended against Wolves. The shape is much better and we can keep hold of the ball for spells. 

The difficulty we have in this game is that Spurs are sitting deep and want to catch us on the counter. Things haven't quite clicked for them on that score (Keane and Delph doing particularly well) but they are getting closer. We haven't carried a threat as far as I have seen (patchy stream at times), but Spurs have had two good chances through both full backs. 

I think the quality in both teams is sorely lacking so I can see this game being won by one of these counters finally clicking, a worldie (Kane / Son / Townsend) or a mistake. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

That was a massive interception from Delph. I feel like we are starting to creak and they are getting into too many good positions. 

Conte is a world class manager.  He will have seen a way to combat the way we are playing and communicated to his team.  Rafa not so good at adapting.