• Andros Townsend
    • Salomón Rondón
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Fabian Delph
    • Cenk Tosun

Richarlison.

Ran his arse off for the whole match. Went into challenges, at least tried. Had no support, had no one actually looking for the ball…… but against a team that are leagues ahead of us, he still wanted the ball.

Gray played well in parts and did well while on the ball.

Rest is the players we’re their usual selves, scared to show for the ball. 
Let’s face it, this was a stroll in the park for them.

Special mention to Doucoure, my favourite player so far this season. Don’t listen to media at all. Don’t let it go to your head. I can excuse not being match fit after an injury… but jogging back every time you lose the ball…. Inexcusable!

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Richarlison.

Ran his arse off for the whole match. Went into challenges, at least tried. Had no support, had no one actually looking for the ball…… but against a team that are leagues ahead of us, he still wanted the ball.

Gray played well in parts and did well while on the ball.

Rest is the players we’re their usual selves, scared to show for the ball. 
Let’s face it, this was a stroll in the park for them.

Special mention to Doucoure, my favourite player so far this season. Don’t listen to media at all. Don’t let it go to your head. I can excuse not being match fit after an injury… but jogging back every time you lose the ball…. Inexcusable!

As I mentioned over the weekend, Doucoure just came back from a serious injury. He should not be expected to play 90 minutes twice in three days. Personally, under the circumstances, I thought he did well.

Just now, Cornish Steve said:

As I mentioned over the weekend, Doucoure just came back from a serious injury. He should not be expected to play 90 minutes twice in three days. Personally, under the circumstances, I thought he did well.

I get that, but I watched him lose the ball several times and jog back as their players sprinted away from him.

For me effort is a minimum. 
Injury’s, bad form, mistakes, can be forgiven…. Passing responsibility on….. unforgivable in a blue top.

Dont get me wrong, he is our best player by far. But tonight he was Iwobi!

I thought Pickford did well, never normally vote for a keeper who doesn’t keep a clean sheet, but I honestly think they could have scored seven or eight without him tonight. 

Just shit though. 

And seeing two players booked for diving in a derby? Not a great view from my seat, and I won’t be watching that back, but I hope the ref got them wrong. 

23 hours ago, Shukes said:

I get that, but I watched him lose the ball several times and jog back as their players sprinted away from him.

For me effort is a minimum. 
Injury’s, bad form, mistakes, can be forgiven…. Passing responsibility on….. unforgivable in a blue top.

Dont get me wrong, he is our best player by far. But tonight he was Iwobi!

I thought he was poor too. Technically he was dreadful. I am not sure he struck the ball cleanly all night. 

The nail you have hit on the head was the biggest difference between the two sides though. Those in red passed the ball and ran and when they lost the ball they ran. Our lot passed the ball and hesitated and when they lost the ball they watched the red shirts run past them. 

A couple of examples where Townsend letting Robertson win the ball then run 40 plus yards down the pitch and Digne letting Salah run free into the 18 yard box forcing Pickford into a reaction save.

It happened all over the pitch all night though. Nothing to do with the quality of the players, all to do with the work on the training ground and the mentality of the players.

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought he was poor too. Technically he was dreadful. I am not sure he struck the ball cleanly all night. 

The nail you have hit on the head was the biggest difference between the two sides though. Those in red passed the ball and ran and when they lost the ball they ran. Our lot passed the ball and hesitated and when they lost the ball they watched the red shirts run past them. 

A couple of examples where Townsend letting Robertson win the ball then run 40 plus yards down the pitch and Digne letting Salah run free into the 18 yard box forcing Pickford into a reaction save.

It happened all over the pitch all night though. Nothing to do with the quality of the players, all to do with the work on the training ground and the mentality of the players.

This in spades Bailey.