27 minutes for 27 years  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting out of your seat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
    • Not at the match anyway but like voting

2 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think there was quite a lot. Obviously wasn’t going to be like 20,000, but I reckon there was about 5-10%. Seemed like patches all over the place, apart from the balcony and lower gwladys because I can’t see them from my seat. 

I'm in the Balcony and didn't see many leaving.

I think the sentiment of 27 minutes for 27 years seems to have done the trick to a certain degree. Changes do seem to be afoot at boardroom level. The 'model' they have been using over the past 5-6 years to improved the club has only proved it to be a shit model of basically how not to run a football club.

Whether the changes going on will be enough, only time will tell.  I do know for sure that the plan over the past 5 years wasn't to make us a worst team and club, so I do believe those at the top actually want a positive change as much as us. 

I was in upper Gladys and four left around us. I stayed and spoke with the guy next to me who left. He said two blokes blocked his path and told him to get back to his fucking seat. He still left for five mins. 

I told him if he feels that’s supporting the team, then I respect him for it and support anyone who feels thats right, but I want to get behind the team instead.

He came back and said their were about twenty people in the concourse.

But maybe the threat of it made the players react? Either way, it was a fantastic night and the crowd were incredible.

50 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I was in upper Gladys and four left around us. I stayed and spoke with the guy next to me who left. He said two blokes blocked his path and told him to get back to his fucking seat. He still left for five mins. 

I told him if he feels that’s supporting the team, then I respect him for it and support anyone who feels thats right, but I want to get behind the team instead.

But maybe the threat of it made the players react? Either way, it was a fantastic night and the crowd were incredible.

Or maybe more who got the same threatening behaviour went back to their seats. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I’m in the Lower Gwlady and I nipped down for a piss as Yerry Mina was getting treatment just after the 27 minute mark and the concourse was rammed. All the kiosks were open and selling ale so actually made it easy to get a half time pint !

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

I’m also in the upper gwladys, there was probably 30-40 went down the steps near me. And two lads having a proper shout at them for leaving. Gladly the two lads were the ones who got told to shut up by people who were staying. 

The crowd reaction was great, best atmosphere at Goodison in a long time. 

I’m also glad that Kenwright still took some grief after the game. I don’t want them to think that just because we won the game this is all over and done with. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m in the Lower Gwlady and I nipped down for a piss as Yerry Mina was getting treatment just after the 27 minute mark and the concourse was rammed. All the kiosks were open and selling ale so actually made it easy to get a half time pint !

Maybe for once the club were opportunistic and made a profit at the kiosks 😂

What I find confusing is that Liverpool is possibly the most working class Labour voting City in the country, and the people in it understand that people should have a right to protest and Picket freely if done for the right reasons without any violent or rowdy behaviour. So I’m pretty much dismayed that some condemned criticised or were condescending to those that chose to exercise their right to leave their seats to get their point across, did these people condemn those who remained seated I wasn’t there so I don’t really know, but I haven’t heard reports that those who got up gave those who remained seated a hard time. As Rom said it wasn’t about the supporting of the team we all support the team, so if you remained seated fair enough it was a free choice, but don’t try to take the moral high ground by making out your a better supporter of the players because it wasn’t a protest about the players, it was about how the club was being run. 

32 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Was there really that much criticism ?

There were plenty of people in the Lower Gwlady who left and I didn’t witness any animosity what so ever. The only reaction I witnessed was those who did stay upped the volume a notch to get behind the players and I don’t think that is a band thing 

That’s exactly what I saw in top balcony, apart from the many leaving bit, but there’s only 6 rows ahead of me ( and one feckin pillar )

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

What I find confusing is that Liverpool is possibly the most working class Labour voting City in the country, and the people in it understand that people should have a right to protest and Picket freely if done for the right reasons without any violent or rowdy behaviour. So I’m pretty much dismayed that some condemned criticised or were condescending to those that chose to exercise their right to leave their seats to get their point across, did these people condemn those who remained seated I wasn’t there so I don’t really know, but I haven’t heard reports that those who got up gave those who remained seated a hard time. As Rom said it wasn’t about the supporting of the team we all support the team, so if you remained seated fair enough it was a free choice, but don’t try to take the moral high ground by making out your a better supporter of the players because it wasn’t a protest about the players, it was about how the club was being run. 

I only saw people who were getting up being shouted at. No one who stayed seated got shouted at near me. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Things happen when you can be bothered to do something about it, if anything good comes of this, and I’m quite aware it maybe just lip service, but if there is a coming together that improves the supporter’s and boards dialogue for the better of the club then great mission partly for filled  we need those who got up a debt of gratitude to those who could not be arsed to get off their arse, imagine the impact at what else could maybe of been achieved with the board if everyone walked out in protest at the way the club has been run for the last 6 years for just 5 minutes. Hope those who remained seated get piles for Christmas 🎅🏻 😂

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Things happen when you can be bothered to do something about it, if anything good comes of this, and I’m quite aware it maybe just lip service, but if there is a coming together that improves the supporter’s and boards dialogue for the better of the club then great mission partly for filled  we need those who got up a debt of gratitude to those who could not be arsed to get off their arse, imagine the impact at what else could maybe of been achieved with the board if everyone walked out in protest at the way the club has been run for the last 6 years for just 5 minutes. Hope those who remained seated get piles for Christmas 🎅🏻 😂

I don't think it was a case of not being arsed enough to leave their seats, they just didn't agree with the method of getting the message across.

It doesn't help anything to be divisive like that, Palf.

25 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think it was a case of not being arsed enough to leave their seats, they just didn't agree with the method of getting the message across.

It doesn't help anything to be divisive like that, Palf.

Maybe but the message got the desired affect. I was brought up in an age where protest’s worked and people got justice. I don’t see that as divisive for me the his decisive. Now we live in an age where the conservatives over forty years have whittled away our rights and people have forgotten what it’s like to protest. I’m a staunch Labour voter and have marched against Community tax have stood solid with the miners, as a said in another post Liverpool is one of the last bastions for right and wrong for the workers, and it saddens me that so many stayed sat when yet boo and moan about the club and how it’s run yet didn’t take 5 minutes of their time to leave their seats. You have your opinion and I have mine, sadly I hate to say this the Red side of the City would have got up In unity😭😭😭

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Maybe but the message got the desired affect. I was brought up in an age where protest’s worked and people got justice. I don’t see that as divisive for me the his decisive. Now we live in an age where the conservatives over forty years have whittled away our rights and people have forgotten what it’s like to protest. I’m a staunch Labour voter and have marched against Community tax have stood solid with the miners, as a said in another post Liverpool is one of the last bastions for right and wrong for the workers, and it saddens me that so many stayed sat when yet boo and moan about the club and how it’s run yet didn’t take 5 minutes of their time to leave their seats. You have your opinion and I have mine, sadly I hate to say this the Red side of the City would have got up In unity😭😭😭

I was saying you were being divisive with your post, not the protest. 

38 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was saying you were being divisive with your post, not the protest. 

And I answered that by believing I was being decisive and not divisive, I could remain neutral and say nothing, that would only suit those that stayed sat down, I genuinely believe that those who left their seats achieved something, if would stayed sat we wouldn’t be having a meeting with the board Brands would still be here. Nothing would have changed and we would all still be booing and moaning and doing fuck all about it, so praise to those who have said enough is enough. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

And I answered that by believing I was being decisive and not divisive, I could remain neutral and say nothing, that would only suit those that stayed sat down, I genuinely believe that those who left their seats achieved something, if would stayed sat we wouldn’t be having a meeting with the board Brands would still be here. Nothing would have changed and we would all still be booing and moaning and doing fuck all about it, so praise to those who have said enough is enough. 

You're demonising a whole section of our support just because they didn't think leaving their seat was the right thing to do. It's no different than those that had a go at the people that did leave their seats.

I would be astounded if the vast majority of the fans that remained in their seats don't agree that the club needs to make changes, they just think the way to get the message across needs to be done in a different way.

I respect that and so should all of us because each and every Everton fan wants the best for the club. There is no right or wrong way to express that in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I stayed in my seat as I didn’t agree with the walkout, I have no beef with those that did, but I do with anyone who thinks they can berate me for making my own decision.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

You're demonising a whole section of our support just because they didn't think leaving their seat was the right thing to do. It's no different than those that had a go at the people that did leave their seats.

I would be astounded if the vast majority of the fans that remained in their seats don't agree that the club needs to make changes, they just think the way to get the message across needs to be done in a different way.

I respect that and so should all of us because each and every Everton fan wants the best for the club. There is no right or wrong way to express that in my opinion.

But can’t you see doing nothing will achieve nothing, we know what those who left there seats did what did those who remained seated do to express their displeasure. 

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I stayed in my seat as I didn’t agree with the walkout, I have no beef with those that did, but I do with anyone who thinks they can berate me for making my own decision.

That’s fine but what have you done to express your displeasure at what’s happening at our club, this was an opportunity for all those who aren’t happy with the way the club is going to unite and leave their seats for 5 minutes. 
Thank goodness enough did and they got a reaction from the owners.