IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Read he was on both Brands list and also on Benitez list. 

I am pretty sure if he hadn't been a player that Benitez wanted, fancied and fully signed up to, we would not have signed him. So I am well and truly having this one down as a Benitez signing (whether he turns out good or bad).

I really don't think we will be buying any players now if they where simply just on Brands radar.  

Of course we will... Brands has set up scouting networks far and wide and that wont just be thrown away. 

The same scouts will be reporting into the same people at the club its just that Brands wont be overseeing that any more. Presumably that will be Benitez but I don't know that for a fact. There may be someone else involved before Benitez is consulted fully.

5 minutes ago, badaids said:

The poor sod must be wondering the hell he has come in to.

A new left back isn't going to solve our problems.  Won't even solve our defense. Wonder if Rafa plans to throw him right in or wait a bit?  Either way hope we get more reinforcements this Jan. window but unsure where we came up with the cash for Vitaliy in the first place.

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

The poor sod must be wondering the hell he has come in to.

I don’t think he will he’s been brought here to help change things, and if he believes in himself he won’t be able to wait to get started and prove he’s better than what we’ve got. 

10 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

A new left back isn't going to solve our problems.  Won't even solve our defense. Wonder if Rafa plans to throw him right in or wait a bit?  Either way hope we get more reinforcements this Jan. window but unsure where we came up with the cash for Vitaliy in the first place.

Think they finally found the Arteta money hidden in Bills wallet..

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I feel a bit sorry for this lad. 

He really needs to hit the ground running because otherwise he will used as a stick to beat the manager. 

It'll be the same with Patterson as well. Neither one is coming into a good environment and yet both of them are going to have to settle quickly and basically be perfect.

27 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The part of this that I find intriguing is the Ancelotti’s Everton are also interested were they to sell Digne 💥 was that a consideration when Ancelotti was here🤷‍♂️

I think it was because he hadn’t signed a new contract yet so it was obviously something we were going to consider if he didn’t sign it. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

The part of this that I find intriguing is the Ancelotti’s Everton are also interested were they to sell Digne 💥 was that a consideration when Ancelotti was here🤷‍♂️

Probably just preparing for the worst case scenario.  Id imagine we have a contingency plan for most of our top players

On 02/01/2022 at 22:17, Bailey said:

I feel a bit sorry for this lad. 

He really needs to hit the ground running because otherwise he will used as a stick to beat the manager. 

The manager is doing enough damage on his own. 
we don’t need excuses to beat him with a stick. 

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You do know this is Everton?

Good point, well presented.

39 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Or that we actually wanted genuine competition for Digne? 

The rumour states he was a target if Digne were to leave. I can't see us spending £20m on competition for Digne anyway with the current state of the squad.