IGNORED

Vitaliy Mykolenko

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Good point, well presented.

The rumour states he was a target if Digne were to leave. I can't see us spending £20m on competition for Digne anyway with the current state of the squad.

I didnt read that bit! 🤣

Even then they are saying €15mil being too much so he would have probably been closer to half of what we are paying now.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

I didnt read that bit! 🤣

Even then they are saying €15mil being too much so he would have probably been closer to half of what we are paying now.

£17m rising to £20m apparently. I'm expecting a lot from him for that fee. Heard rumours hes on about £55k a week too. We will probably break even with Digne leaving but half the wages spent for our LB.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

It just struck me looking at his picture he doesn’t look like he would give you hard time, he looks to much like mister nice guy, hopefully he proves looks don’t count and he and he’s as hard and unforgiving as a KGB officer who got suspended for being an arsehole😄

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Press are saying "..understood to be up to £17m, including add-ons.." as far as I can see, what's your source?

Everything I have read also leads me to think its £17m with the add ons. £20M may come from being lost in translation when fee quoted in Euros. 

13 minutes ago, Bill said:

Thought he had a very poor game, got roasted time and time again by their wide man.

I don't think he looked great but I'm not going to judge him on last night's game when he's not played recently, hasn't even had a handful of training sessions with his new teammates, doesn't speak the language, and is coming into a bit of a shit show of a side.

Poor at the start, it looked like he fell for trying to hard. Was always eager to close down, and this meant he wasn’t reading the player. That will come with experience.

As the game went on I thought he showed us he has a decent touch and can get a cross in. 

Overall an average debut.

He looked a bit unsure of his role for me, very early days but needs to adjust sooner rather than later to the English game. I would give 7/10 for his first game what a pressure pot to have to make your debut in, stood up to the task and never really let us down. 

Not writing him off but we have to realise these were lower class championship players and they pissed all over us, he wasn't the only one who looked a bit lost.  I thought if they had beaten us we couldn't begrudge them because at the moment we are shit.

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

Not writing him off but we have to realise these were lower class championship players and they pissed all over us, he wasn't the only one who looked a bit lost.  I thought if they had beaten us we couldn't begrudge them because at the moment we are shit.

Watch the highlights mate. You’ll see a very different picture from what your reading.

They nowhere near pissed all over us. They got beat. We had two clear as day penalty’s turned down. We missed at least three absolute sitters. 

Give them their due, they battled their hearts out and even scored an excellent goal. But not in any stretch of the imagination did they piss all over us.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Watch the highlights mate. You’ll see a very different picture from what your reading.

They nowhere near pissed all over us. They got beat. We had two clear as day penalty’s turned down. We missed at least three absolute sitters. 

Give them their due, they battled their hearts out and even scored an excellent goal. But not in any stretch of the imagination did they piss all over us.

Don't need to "Mate" im not reading anything, I saw the whole game and we were shit against a lower championship team.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

He looked a bit unsure of his role for me, very early days but needs to adjust sooner rather than later to the English game. I would give 7/10 for his first game what a pressure pot to have to make your debut in, stood up to the task and never really let us down. 

Hull weren't going to make it easy for him either given he's only been with us for five minutes and doesn't know the players or the language.

Frankly, it was strange to see him playing so soon after joining: Not played for weeks, doesn't know the language, not familiar with his teammates, and won't know the team strategy (if there is one!). Hopefully it proved of value to him, but I'm certainly not going to rate him based on a game in which he probably shouldn't have played.

I didnt really see anything of him to be excited about. 

He looked weak, averagely paced, his defending was really poor at times and he added nothing going forward. 

I did think he displayed a good attitude and kept at it.

Overall, my impression was that he looked like an academy product rather than an international footballer that we spent a lot of money on.

It is clearly very early days for him and should not be written off by any means. He needs time and I hope he gets it.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I didnt really see anything of him to be excited about. 

He looked weak, averagely paced, his defending was really poor at times and he added nothing going forward. 

I did think he displayed a good attitude and kept at it.

Overall, my impression was that he looked like an academy product rather than an international footballer that we spent a lot of money on.

It is clearly very early days for him and should not be written off by any means. He needs time and I hope he gets it.

Not played for 6 weeks and a week with Everton - so nothing wrong with that debut, you can see he was keeping it simple. He was booked in the second half so that would have inevitably impacted his tackling after that. Pretty sure he would not want a second booking and a red card in his first game. 

He needs games and he is going get them. He is now our No.1 left back. 

17 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Think he did well to keep going for 120min in all honesty. Apparently had not trained for 2 weeks before arriving with us at the beginning of the month. All things considered I think he did fine. 

Why didn’t he train for two weeks? Injured?