IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

Going to be a tough ask for anyone that comes in.  Most likely won't be appointed in time to get in a player this window, so will have to some how sort out our defense. Wonder if we shouldn't just stick with Dunc for the rest of the season.  Would have proper time in the summer to sort out our next moves.  Plus we would know what league we would be in.  Also, time to figure out if Moshiri is ever going to hire a DOF or let a DOF do his job.

Rather worried.  That Leeds result did not help either.

Rumour has it that Jose Mourinho has turned an approach down. The front runners appear to be Roberto Martinez, Duncan Ferguson and Wayne Rooney (TalkSport reporting the first two).

Niko Kovac is apparently also under consideration, though I feel this would be a risky appointment at a time that we can't afford to do so.

1 minute ago, plaidharper said:

Bobby Brown Shoes has never been one to sort out defensives or set pieces.  Didn't he bring in Antolin Alcaraz?  People have short memories.

He brought in a player he knew on a free for a position we were short on and only ever used him as a last resort because of injury or suspension, yeah. 

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Im not sure it would be a good idea but Martinez until the end of the season whilst keeping his job with Belgium? 

Either your 100% invested into Everton or you shouldn't be here IMO. The only way I'd be happy with a manager is if he's employed solely by Everton Football Club. 

Martinez managing us whilst preparing Belgium for the winter World Cup would be carnage.

Oh Roberto Martinez. Roberto, Roberto, Roberto....

I still hurt when I see his name. I get this feeling of wanting to grab him and say 'for fuck sake Roberto, this club is yours, stop being so stubborn...'

He had it in the palms of his hand. We loved him. Lovely bloke. Smooth. Honest. But he couldn't bloody see what he had. It was upto him. His destiny in his control...we were pretty much begging him to see what he had and change his ways just a little bit.

Gutted that he didn't. My thing is has he learnt since? I'm not sure he has when watching Belgium. And that's a problem with the intensity of the PL.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Either your 100% invested into Everton or you shouldn't be here IMO. The only way I'd be happy with a manager is if he's employed solely by Everton Football Club. 

Martinez managing us whilst preparing Belgium for the winter World Cup would be carnage.

I Bailey had a brain fart he doesn’t have many but when he does he stinks the place out 😂😂 Sorry mate couldn’t resist. 

My dream choice would be bringing Roberto back with Baines given responsibility for defence. Potter would be a good second choice. Reality is, though, that neither would accept the job, and I wouldn't blame them. This is why I ruled them out as I pondered over this.

Rooney just doesn't have the experience yet: He needs to prove his worth as a manager. On the other hand, I have not written off Lampard because I thought, under the circumstances, he started really well. This is why I suggested a couple of days ago that a practical option might be to bring in Lampard solely for the rest of the season. Give him every reason to succeed and prove his worth, but don't commit to a long-term appointment. Then, take the rest of the season to line up a long-term successor.

If they give it to Martinez I will be having nightmares about Michael Keane doing pirouettes in our penalty area then trying to dribble his way out of defence 

Christ we are already shite at set pieces as it is but if Martinez comes back it will be like conceding a penalty every time we give a corner away