IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

Perira says the same Rob.

I've no issue with a manager that want to play with possession if they want to do it with a reasonable about of pace (not like Martinez), after all having the ball is ultimately better than not having it!  Yes we've had the debates before on not needing high possession but on the whole, good teams will have more of the ball and have control of a game.

However anyone coming in has to understand that the aim for the rest of the season is not to suddenly change the teams set up completely but put in small changes that they can work with to ensure that they get results that allow the club to finish safely away from relegation.

Once that objective is made they can look at progressing plans more towards how they see the team playing going forward

Not sure if I fancy any of the two front runners, what makes the people with the banners believe that Lampard is better than Pereira.  ?

Pereira has at least won a few trophies whereas Lampard has won nothing. I'd rather put someone in til the seasons end then take the time to get the right man in, because there will be a lot better choices to choose from in the summer.

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

My biggest concern in all this isnt to do with the fact that pereira is the wrong man - which I think he is.  My concern is how we are being treated - like we are idiots.

Thing is mate once you give control of a club to one person you will never get a balanced view on anything, you will just get their views and if you don’t like it you either put up with it or fuck off. The moral of the Moshiri story has got to be be careful what you wish for, we have learned a painful lesson which has more painful paths to go down.  

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

Perira says the same Rob.

I've no issue with a manager that want to play with possession if they want to do it with a reasonable about of pace (not like Martinez), after all having the ball is ultimately better than not having it!  Yes we've had the debates before on not needing high possession but on the whole, good teams will have more of the ball and have control of a game.

I'm guessing that no matter who the manager is, after the first training session, they too will realise we are not a possession based team. We may be able to play pass the parcel, but not a football. 

52 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thing is mate once you give control of a club to one person you will never get a balanced view on anything, you will just get their views and if you don’t like it you either put up with it or fuck off. The moral of the Moshiri story has got to be be careful what you wish for, we have learned a painful lesson which has more painful paths to go down.  

Please don't mention going down.😟 

22 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Lampard is Premier leauge, English football born and bred. He will be under no illusions that you have to be at it for 90min in the Prem, no matter who you play. 

Pereira has won stuff, but Porto was immediately after AVB built a team and he was assistant manager, so rode the wave a little. Olympiacos is similar to managing Rangers in Scotland. He has never managed in the top division in England, Germany, Italy or Spain.

I just think Lampard will enthus the player a little more than Pereira. He is nearer there era and has done it all at club level. 

It is a fine line, as no standout candidate. 

Fans want Lampard more than Pereira, and the team will need the fans behind them. We can't under estimate this either. 

This part can't be stressed enough. Sure not everyone will be over the moon with Lampard's appointment, but we've already seen more support for him than either Pereira or Rafa.

And after the last 6 months, having a manager that (most) of the fanbase can rally around would be massive for us.

He's not my first, second or third choice, but of the realistic options we have right now, I'd be very happy with this.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’d take lampard purely on the basis that he understands the league, has some credibility as a winner and can attract players. 

he’s a bright lad and rinsed everything he could from his talent to achieve all he did in the game. 

And, if ever he's in doubt about something, he could always ask his father-in-law uncle over a beer. :beer: