IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

On Rooney...he has said in regards to his players that he has no control over who goes as its all down to the administrators. They will do whatever they can to reduce costs - as is their role usually. It'll be the same if an approach came for Rooney - from any club - they'd take the money quickly. Its weird because would Rooney have much say in thar regard? Strange one.

The other thing I'd say, against some popular opinion, is that I don't believe the squad is full of peeps who don't give a fuck. Quite the opposite. I think we have some big/good characters in there - Pickford, Coleman, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure, Allan, DCL, Gray, Townsend, Richarlison, Gordon.

I say this because of how they react to the bad shit - they look genuinely gutted. And how they celebrate together - they love it. I see them trying to stay connected to the fans at the end of games - against a barrage of abuse.

I think there's enough good character and talent, albeit in a small squad, to do better than this under the right manager.

However, some players need to be shifted out of first team action. Coleman is one as he just doesn't have it now. As is Keane who, unfortunately, just isn't mentally strong enough to handle the shit times. Doesn't sound a lot but that's half our defence - which is significant really.

45 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Would not mind Bobby, he's a good man, attacking, has an expansive style and has grown a lot as a manger since he left us.

Potter would be my chose, all the positives of Bobby, with more recent premier league experience and none of the past.

Rooney is too inexperienced but he would unite the fans, and command respect as an ex player from the team.

Lovely bloke and had some really nice brown leather shoes, football was excruciatingly awful and he turned one of the best defences in the Premiership into one of the worst in the country, so yeah let’s give him the job

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Are you his agent?:D

He's never been close to managing at a level anywhere near the PL, would be a crazy gamble.

No he hasn’t, and yes it would. But he is extremely experienced now, and won trophies at every club he has managed.

Celtic fans thought the same thing ‘he’s not at this level’.

There fans would be extremely, extremely upset to loose him with the job he’s done and the football they are playing in 6 months.

Ange plays a 4-3-3 (mainly) with a pressing from the front defending high, possession based game and is great at improving squads and knows talent and value in the transfer market. 

Entertaining football that wins trophies, and players enjoy playing for him,  wherever he has managed.

We are going to end up with Ferguson until the end of the season. Can't see any other manager leaving a decent job to come here. 

Our pool at this moment in time is pretry much out of work managers. Great!! 

My biggest issue with Benitez being sack is that there is nobody 'better' is waiting in the wings.

However, with a fit team I don't actually think we will do down with whoever is appointed or if Benitez had stayed. But I really think the risk has increase by dumping Benitez. 

The club has just made it's self look another level of stupid this season DoF gone, Manager gone days after Digne gone and other players brought in.

The Everton managers job has just become even less appealing and I can now see an exodus of player in the summer.

A manager I like (and wished we had him as a player) is Scott Parker. Think he is ready to manage with the next level of squad. Think his teams would play the kind of football we would like and he is know to give youth pleny of opertunities. He has experience of prem and relegation battles. 

Not sure he would leave a team chasing the Championship. But more chance him coming than potter

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I was thinking about this. But they also really need the money, if they were offered a couple of million to release him I think the administrators would push him out of the door. 

Well, I didn't think about that but that is a possibility.

He is not the the right one, for now, in my opinion. Duncan Ferguson deserves a run of games in my opinion. Otherwise Potter would be such a class appointment but I think it's a bit unrealistic.

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

We are going to end up with Ferguson until the end of the season. Can't see any other manager leaving a decent job to come here. 

My biggest issue with Benitez being sack is that there is nobody 'better' is waiting in the wings.

However, with a fit team I don't actually think we will do down with whoever is appointed or if Benitez had stayed. But I really think the risk has increase by dumping Benitez. 

The club has just made it's self look another level of stupid this season DoF gone, Manager gone days after Digne gone and other players brought in.

The Everton managers job has just become even less appealing and I can now see an exodus of player in the summer.

A manager I like (and wished we had him as a player) is Scott Parker. Think he is ready to manage with the next level of squad. Think his teams would play the kind of football we would like and he is know to give youth pleny of opertunities. He has experience of prem and relegation battles. 

Not sure he would leave a team chasing the Championship. But more chance him coming than potter

Literally anyone would be and would have been better from the start.

15 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I suspect the players will be relieved and much happier simply for not being managed by the sangria swiller. Almost like a weight (some might say a literal weight :lol:has been lifted from their shoulders.

Im not saying they’ll turn into world beaters but I reckon we’ll see an uplift in performances just because they’re happier due to not being sent out with completely negative tactics game after game.

38 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

Literally anyone would be and would have been better from the start.

The talk is of Ferguson who has never managed a team and who's cv is basically 'coaching' the Everton team for the past few year - the teams he has coached have been shit. 

Martinez who we sacked once for basically starting the 'rot' that has been at this club since. He also ensured he squeezed every penny out of us as he went. Not managed club football in the six year since. I am pretty sure he will be demanding a kings ransom in wages or

Wayne Rooney, a rookie with very little experience, none of which is in the Premiership. 

I would rather Benitez stayed and had the pressure and stress of the rest of this season on his shoulders, he's still going to get paid for it in anycase - and now will always have the excuse of 'I was never given a fair chance with a fit squad'. 

Good chuck of Digne money will now be spend on Benitez severence pay and possibly on compensation in getting another manager.

Benitez walks away with a nice payout and an excuse in his back pocket and we are simply left near the bottom of the table and now TOTALLY rudderless.

Need to be careful of what you wish for. 

52 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I suspect the players will be relieved and much happier simply for not being managed by the sangria swiller. Almost like a weight (some might say a literal weight :lol:has been lifted from their shoulders.

Im not saying they’ll turn into world beaters but I reckon we’ll see an uplift in performances just because they’re happier due to not being sent out with completely negative tactics game after game.

What, like they do every time we have a different manager? 

Well, I think it is high likley how Ferguson is going to have to stear this team for the rest of the season, and given he has been coaching them over most of the period they have been so shit it make me more nervouse than Benitez being responsible for this. 

I hope your right.