IGNORED

Aston Villa (home) January 22

Cornish Steve

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Dropped Coleman and Keane. Huge respect 

Yeah I didn't expect that. I'm not sure Holgate or Kenny are any more reliable but without any alternatives I suppose this is the best he can do.

4 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

New signings not even on the bench typical Everton 

Yeah strange.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even more worried about this game after seeing the line-up.

Another idiot going with 2 in the middle meaning we’re likely to be completely dominated in midfield.

If the last manager put this team out there’d be far more criticism. 

All depends on the result Mark, if we win it will be the right selection.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another idiot going with 2 in the middle meaning we’re likely to be completely dominated in midfield.

What he’s done that last 3 managers didn’t is take out the weakest elements in the defence, whether it works today remains to be seen, but you’ve got to start sometime and now is better than never. 

Just now, Palfy said:

What he’s done that last 3 managers didn’t is take out the weakest elements in the defence, whether it works today remains to be seen, but you’ve got to start sometime and now is better than never. 

That’s all well and good but that midfield has offered zero protection to the defence and that’s where changes should’ve been as well. Today we’re leaving them unprotected once again and it may not matter that changes have been made to the defence be used they’ll still be under huge pressure. 

Well, at least he’s tried to do a ting with the defence I spose. The new signings must be well weirded out by not being on the bench.

The big thing will be to see how we come out of the blocks. We’ve had half a season of doing nowt until the second half and a goal or two down. Will we come out full of beans with dunc at the helm?

30 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s all well and good but that midfield has offered zero protection to the defence and that’s where changes should’ve been as well. Today we’re leaving them unprotected once again and it may not matter that changes have been made to the defence be used they’ll still be under huge pressure. 

Out of interest who would you have put in midfield. 

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think we will play very narrow as Haf mentions. It will make it a 4 v 3 instead but it will leave space down the flanks.

I cant see us trying to pass our way through them that much though. It will be direct and win the second balls.