IGNORED

Armando Broja

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree. If it’s a loan with an obligation to buy then why not just buy him and defer the payment, that’s all it’s doing anyway. And taking up a potential loan spot for someone else. 

There's certain advantage, because they do it quite a lot in Italian Serie A. I've seen players on two year loan with arranged transfer to the loanee club. Frank Kessie to AC Milan being a prime example, though he just joined Barcelona on a free.

Surely if we have the correct scouts running the right numbers through the system then an obligation to buy is good to go. It gives us more flexibility financially in terms of pushing the expense to next year. 

for me it looks like the lad has more rounded attributes than any striker we’ve had since Saha. Pace, skill, strength, can beat a man and create his own chances, and can finish, looks like a worker too. 

18 minutes ago, RPG said:

This might sound silly but if we accept an obligation to buy in the loan agreement, what happens if the player turns into an instant worldie and the parent club then decide not to sell? Do they have an implied obligation to sell?

Obligations work both ways unless there is a specific clause stating otherwise. 

1 hour ago, RPG said:

This might sound silly but if we accept an obligation to buy in the loan agreement, what happens if the player turns into an instant worldie and the parent club then decide not to sell? Do they have an implied obligation to sell?

They have to sell, the same as if he’s crap we have to buy. See moise Kean and juve 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Surely if we have the correct scouts running the right numbers through the system then an obligation to buy is good to go. It gives us more flexibility financially in terms of pushing the expense to next year. 

for me it looks like the lad has more rounded attributes than any striker we’ve had since Saha. Pace, skill, strength, can beat a man and create his own chances, and can finish, looks like a worker too. 

My thought exactly. Ideally as Steve mentioned an outright transfer with a deferred payment is the best option though.

On 28/01/2022 at 13:32, patto said:

Would anyone consider selling DCL now and invest in a new striker I think Doms head has been turned now and won't be bothered if we go down we could actually go for Broja, 

That's if the reported fees are true 60m is a fair amount.

Controversial, maybe, but I wouldn't object to selling DC-L for big bucks and buying outright both Dennis and Broja, with Simms and Dobbin waiting in the wings.

23 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Controversial, maybe, but I wouldn't object to selling DC-L for big bucks and buying outright both Dennis and Broja, with Simms and Dobbin waiting in the wings.

Part of the appeal of bringing in Borja now would be to ease him in while DCL is still at the club. I think he’s got all the makings of a top striker, but it’d be expecting a lot of a 20 year old to be your main man up top for the season.

And I see Dennis as a like for like replacement of Richarlison; mostly played out wide, as an option if playing two up front, but only used as a lone striker if low on other options in that position. 

9 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

I agree, but might be better to have some overlap, say 6-12 months - DCL say in January or before 30 June next year as counts in same financial year if that's what is needed.

My worry of selling DCL this window would be we where so close to relegation last season that losing our two main goal threats in a oner might be to much. Burnley went down because they couldn't score goals.

If Everton can get the old loan with an obligation to buy deal on Broja that would be ideal.

I would love us to be building around Broja and Gibb-White types - if we do this along with Gordon, Godfrey, Patterson and Mykolenko - we start to become a team young players look at and think - if I am up to the task they will play me, I want to join Everton. It also help players see that if they cut the mustard after 3-4 years we are also amicable in transferring them to CL teams if the opportunity arises.

Maybe in 4-5 years time we might be knocking on the door of CL ourselves, but we are a long long way of that yet. We need a proper long term 5-10 year plan in place and the board through to the fans have to buy in to it. We have half heartedly tied it before - but Moshiri gets over excited and take two steps backwards.

13 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

It’s looking like simms is going to be let go permanently. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Really? He’s rapid and has bags of skill. 

I don’t agree he hasn’t got bags of skill and he’s not what I would call rapid he might make it somewhere the proof of the pudding is let’s see who comes in for him. 
see do any prem teams come in for him. 

Edited by patto
Missed a word

3 hours ago, patto said:

I don’t agree he hasn’t got bags of skill and he’s not what I would call rapid he might make it somewhere the proof of the pudding is let’s see who comes in for him. 
see do any prem teams come in for him. 

Yeah it’s done us good with Luis Diaz, Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dyke who we were linked with before they ended up at Liverpool…. Jarrod Bowen another one….. 

let’s just say Chelsea fans would rather have him than Lukaku or Havertz

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah it’s done us good with Luis Diaz, Andy Robertson, Virgil van Dyke who we were linked with before they ended up at Liverpool…. Jarrod Bowen another one….. 

let’s just say Chelsea fans would rather have him than Lukaku or Havertz

It looks like we scout for Liverpool and they sign them it’s unreal 

24 minutes ago, patto said:

It looks like we scout for Liverpool and they sign them it’s unreal 

We were never getting a guy like VVD once Liverpool were in for them. With no particular affinity for either side why would he come to a side farther down the table where he’d earn much less longterm? 

4 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

We were never getting a guy like VVD once Liverpool were in for them. With no particular affinity for either side why would he come to a side farther down the table where he’d earn much less longterm? 

we were looking at vvd when he was at Celtic, we scouted the shit out of him… paid a fortune for funes Mori instead and he went to Southampton. 

Just now, Cornish Steve said:

I can remember that, and I really thought it was going to happen. Wasn't it during Koeman's time?

No Martinez, £10m Celtic wanted, we paid £9.5m for funes mori.  Martinez considered Robertson too expensive too… he had a mare there.