IGNORED

Frank Lampard

You don't sign a manager strictly to keep players from leaving but it could be a nice bonus if our results improve. The fact is a week ago DCL and Richarlison were 100% gone this summer and now, with Frank's name recognition and ability to recruit players there is at least a chance they stay. Small chance, but one nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm anxious to see what type of formation we're going to see. Could easily see us continuing with the 433, but just as easily 4231 with Dele/DVB/Gray/Gordon playing underneath the striker.

🤯 4231 is 433, and we can’t continue with it, we’ve not been using it. 
Having options is no bad thing. Don’t play well and you’re out. 

The best thing about this appointment, from reading the forums, social media, and listening to fans' reactions, is that there seems to be good dose of optimism surrounding this appointment. I really hope (of course) that he hits the ground running, and the fans can really start to get back behind the team again.

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm anxious to see what type of formation we're going to see. Could easily see us continuing with the 433, but just as easily 4231 with Dele/DVB/Gray/Gordon playing underneath the striker.

Initially I thought more of a 433, but with Alli playing as a number 10 for the vast majority of his career, and the strengths he has in this position, I just can't see us playing anything other than a 4231.

If he gets firing, our forward line on paper is starting to look very good if those players hit some form. Gray, Richarlison, Alli and DCL could mean we have no trouble scoring goals. Let's see.

Now let's just give him a chance!

We have to, more now than at any other point in the last 6 years, be realistic and understand where we are as a club.

Forget about top 6 and all that jazz for now. We need a couple of years of stability that also resembles some sort of progressive plan.

Bad games will happen. Periods of poor results will happen. We don't need to boo and panic sack every 6 months. Unless the guys a cock. Which i don't think Lampard is or will be.

I have always thought that he has a potential as manager but Chelski move was too early for him. I don't know why but I have a hunch, that tells me he is the perfect fit for Everton. I will not be surprised if he manages to make this club a threat again, even maybe a contender in a mid/long term. It's just a hunch, but let's see...

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Right, I'm all in.

I just watched the 10-minute video posted at the club site, and this training session is so very different from those posted in the Benitez era. Benitez seemed to spend a lot of time giving lectures as players stood and listened. You can see already that Lampard is more participative. Incidentally, Tosun really seemed to be trying to impress, which was good to see.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I just watched the 10-minute video posted at the club site, and this training session is so very different from those posted in the Benitez era. Benitez seemed to spend a lot of time giving lectures as players stood and listened. You can see already that Lampard is more participative. Incidentally, Tosun really seemed to be trying to impress, which was good to see.

I like the way they were dropping ideas while the training was ongoing 'Use the 6, use Allan', 'Enjoy the ball', 'the more times we find Andre and Allan the better', 'open the pitch up but stay in position'.  It beats 'keep talking lads'.  I hope it shows they have come in with ideas and a plan already.

And by the way Tyler Onyango looks to be about 9 feet tall.

Duncan is still hanging around in there.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

No that can't be right. Tosun is stealing a wage and wants to rot in the reserves, he cant possibly be trying in training. 

Love this enthusiasm. That’s what made me want him in the first place, he’s so likeable and positive. We’ve needed that for a while, and I don’t mean the players, I mean us fans. We need to see a manager who looks like he wants to be here, not just taking the big wages. And that kind of warmth towards a lad like Delle could be a game changer (it may not, but I want to be positive about Everton again).