IGNORED

Frank Lampard

4 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I agree, but we also need to remember who the other names in the hat where in January when we appointed Lampard - It was not brimming with names to champion. 

To me the risk with Lampard in this situation was he doesn't have that Alladyce-esque doggedness for a dig in and grind out points experience. So why are we so surprised that he is not grinding out results with a team of players low on confidence - that it is just not his MO. Building a youthful team in the mould of how he wants to play is going to be more his style or what he sees himself as.

So if the get ourselves in to a situation where we actually need to build a young team with a fresh dynamic young manager then to me it would be fool hardy to sack Lampard just as his coaching brief is about to changes for 'please just keep us in the Premiership' to 'build a new young forward thinking team'. 

I look at the backroom staff that have been brought in to support him and that gives me hope that in the longer term something positive can be done with Lampard at the helm.

I agree. it is errors that are making the difference between us nicking a point of two and not - and a lot of this is down to chopping and changing of the personnel. I think if we could just get a consistent back line on the pitch and Allan and Doucoure in front of then for the rest of the season we might just sneak over the line. but keeping a consistent 5 to 6 defensive players on the field game after game is feeling like some kind of holy grail. Even if Mina comes back in, its going to take time to build up a understanding and get match fit- time is now running out rapidly and I fear it is now to late. I don't know how any manager deals with this sort of game after game disruption.

How do you organise a struggling defense with low confidence when game after game you constantly have to swap the personnel around. I find it hard to blanket judge as someone simply being a shit defensive coach and write them off in this situation. 

Regardless of manager, I think if we could have had Mina and Keane together for 25+ matches this season we would have several more points than we do now.

20 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Also Frank was in the Championship with Derby and got them to the play offs. We do need him to stay for stability and take the challenge of getting us where we want to be. I will totally lose it with the board if he were to be sacked.

Lampard had money to spend at Derby, they backed him to the hilt and look at them now. They’re the only club in the country more screwed than we are. This club doesn’t need someone learning his trade whilst we’re in the shit, staring into a pit of misery and despair. We need action, we need results, we need a fighter not a glory boy padding out his CV

Just now, The Phoenix said:

Lampard had money to spend at Derby, they backed him to the hilt and look at them now. They’re the only club in the country more screwed than we are. This club doesn’t need someone learning his trade whilst we’re in the shit, staring into a pit of misery and despair. We need action, we need results, we need a fighter not a glory boy padding out his CV

Sounds to me like a call to action for Allardyce!

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

Act how? Firing another manager? Not for me thanks. 

He needs some guidance, if not replace him maybe somebody in an advisory role, someone like Neil Warnock, a manager who has been there and knows the dark arts of relegation. Lampard was never in the trenches as a player let alone as a manager

I really don't get this negativity. No manager could have done better, and there are signs of improvement. There's not just a manager but a team of people on the training field, so things will improve over time. What we're seeing in part is the lingering damage of Benitez, coupled with key players missing through injury or red cards.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Last two matches we’ve been a fine line between positive results. It’s not like we’re being played off the park.

That's made them feel worse in a way.

When you lose because you're just terrible, or the opposition are a lot better, it makes you angry but when you lose games you've genuinely competed in, and at least deserved something from, that hurts and knocks the stuffing out of you.

It certainly did me and I'm sure it has the players as well. I've recovered from that now and I hope the players have/will as well because we need them to.

Up the fucking toffees!

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's made them feel worse in a way.

When you lose because you're just terrible, or the opposition are a lot better, it makes you angry but when you lose games you've genuinely competed in, and at least deserved something from, that hurts and knocks the stuffing out of you.

It certainly did me and I'm sure it has the players as well. I've recovered from that now and I hope the players have/will as well because we need them to.

Up the fucking toffees!

I've made peace with it now to accept whatever happens.

Lets be clear - we deserve to go down, because the players deserve it.  Most of them do not deserve another professional contract.  Lampard should make them watch videos of kids who have been released at 16/18 and who end up in despair.... who would run through brick walls to make their dreams of being a pro.  They are so far removed from the normal person its untrue. 

I can handle the odd miskick, miscontrol - it happens.  I can't handle players not "being bothered" to do the basics, DCL staying goalside of Tarkowski, Doucoure not closing down the throw in, Kenny choosing to shoot from 30 yards as last man.....  so much laziness and unprofessionalsim.

Steven Naismith, Tim Cahill, Marcus Bent, Kevin Kilbane, Phil Neville, Lee Carsley...........  non of these players stand out as being technically talented vs the likes of Gomes etc but you could trust them to go out and manage a game of footy.... to look at other players and demand and get 100% because they did the same.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I've made peace with it now to accept whatever happens.

Lets be clear - we deserve to go down, because the players deserve it.  Most of them do not deserve another professional contract.  Lampard should make them watch videos of kids who have been released at 16/18 and who end up in despair.... who would run through brick walls to make their dreams of being a pro.  They are so far removed from the normal person its untrue. 

I can handle the odd miskick, miscontrol - it happens.  I can't handle players not "being bothered" to do the basics, DCL staying goalside of Tarkowski, Doucoure not closing down the throw in, Kenny choosing to shoot from 30 yards as last man.....  so much laziness and unprofessionalsim.

Steven Naismith, Tim Cahill, Marcus Bent, Kevin Kilbane, Phil Neville, Lee Carsley...........  non of these players stand out as being technically talented vs the likes of Gomes etc but you could trust them to go out and manage a game of footy.... to look at other players and demand and get 100% because they did the same.

You make it sound so simple Hafnia, players are at fault but some of the blame must also lie with the entire managerial team. They have to have the players pumped up and primed to go all in for the shirt, for the club, for each and everyone of us who invest our time and effort backing THEM to the hilt. Frank has won it all in the domestic game, he should be able to inspire them to give every ounce of energy, every last drop of blood, sweat and tears for the cause, for our cause. 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

Last two matches we’ve been a fine line between positive results. It’s not like we’re being played off the park.

I would take a lot of positives from the West Ham game because they are a decent side and it was an even game.

I would be much less positive about the Burnley performance. Yes its a game we could have won and certainly should have had a point but that starting 11 was one of the worst sides in PL history. I thought they were all over the place too. My granny could have dribbled past their right back, Collins was all over the shop, they didn't have a midfied and Weghorst would be playing non-league football if he was 5ft 11. It wasn't even a typical Burnley performance IMO. There was space to punish them and we should have. I still can't believe we lost.

I see what your saying Bailey. But that Burnley team don’t get rolled over every week. They are known as being a tough team to break down. And again…. The league doesn’t lie mate. They ARE a premier league team. They aren’t even the worst team in the premier league.

And part of football is making the other team look bad. They don’t just give you chances for nothing, you need to play in a way that creates chances. 
Over my years I have saw many teams come to great teams and play in a way that makes them look bad.

I honestly think we played decently against them, and gave it away to individual mistakes.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I see what your saying Bailey. But that Burnley team don’t get rolled over every week. They are known as being a tough team to break down. And again…. The league doesn’t lie mate. They ARE a premier league team. They aren’t even the worst team in the premier league.

And part of football is making the other team look bad. They don’t just give you chances for nothing, you need to play in a way that creates chances. 
Over my years I have saw many teams come to great teams and play in a way that makes them look bad.

I honestly think we played decently against them, and gave it away to individual mistakes.

No they don't and I cannot talk about how they have played in other games, but I can talk about what I saw on Wednesday. They should have been cut a part, which we did on occasion, but they also shouldnt have been given the opportunity to play in the areas they did. 

Burnley were as open as I have seen them. They looked desperate at times, because they were. 

I think we played averagely to a very poor side and they handed us two penalties. If we gave the game away to mistakes, so did they! 

Some people always turn to how bad the other team are when we actually win. They don't want to give us credit for getting results. You do tend to over analyse when we play well and look for a reason why we didn’t…. And I mean that with respect mate as you know you love to dissect. And your very knowledgeable about it.

And while I’m not trying to say we played well against Burnley, I am saying we were the better team and would have won if not for errors, and if we could finish.

Performances are improving! As of yet, results are not.

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Got that slightly wrong 🤫

Take a look through their results mate. You’ll find it’s correct. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a few times they have been turned over….. like any team, but generally they are a tough team to break down. Just look at free scoring Shites result down there.

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Some people always turn to how bad the other team are when we actually win. They don't want to give us credit for getting results. You do tend to over analyse when we play well and look for a reason why we didn’t…. And I mean that with respect mate as you know you love to dissect. And your very knowledgeable about it.

And while I’m not trying to say we played well against Burnley, I am saying we were the better team and would have won if not for errors, and if we could finish.

Performances are improving! As of yet, results are not.

I expect that is probably true but I just saw a big difference between the two games.

West Ham was a good team performance, you could see more cohesion in that game than in probably any game we have played under Lampard. 

I saw some of that after we went behind in the first half but in the second half we lost control of the game against a poor side. I don't think either of those points can really be disputed. When we needed to play with control and manage the game, we became completely disjointed and from that Burnley scored two goals. I know Godfrey made a mistake for the last goal, but it should never have got to him. A drilled side with the players pulling their weight stop that ball getting anywhere near our box in the first place. 

I thought we were the better side in that first half for all that we only had 1 chance aside from the penalties but the second was a mess from both sides and Burnley did enough to nick it. 

Lets hope they can put in a 90 minute performance today and lift some of the gloom! 

4 hours ago, Shukes said:

Take a look through their results mate. You’ll find it’s correct. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a few times they have been turned over….. like any team, but generally they are a tough team to break down. Just look at free scoring Shites result down there.

Sorry mate that wasn’t aimed at anything you posted, it was fuck up I removed about games played and points. You know I would never question you mate😀