IGNORED

Frank Lampard

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Lampard needs to play the style of football he believes in even if it is costly in results, we aren’t going to achieve much this season so I hope he plays his style for the first half of the season, he has time to find the right blend in the players he has and hopefully we see a turn around, and if not we will still have 19 games left to revert back to fighting for our lives and playing like wankers again. 

Without some signings feel like we may have to go 5 at the back which I do not think is his preferred system.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Lampard needs to play the style of football he believes in even if it is costly in results, we aren’t going to achieve much this season so I hope he plays his style for the first half of the season, he has time to find the right blend in the players he has and hopefully we see a turn around, and if not we will still have 19 games left to revert back to fighting for our lives and playing like wankers again. 

I reckon we are about 8 or 9 signings away from being able to play the style of football Frank wants to play 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ashley-cole-duncan-ferguson-everton-24577506

Interesting interview with Clement.

I particular like last part. I think if you are a middle of the road club as we basically are - then your play really does need to be adaptable. To me it doesn't sound like Lampard will be stubborn and put all his eggs in one basket of a playing style or philosophy. He will want to dominate the ball against teams he feel we can and should be trying to dominate, but pragmatic enough to change approach against teams who will just end up battering us. He definitely changed playing style quick enough last season and not persist bashing a square peg in to a round hole, which was really encouraging to see.  

It's a very difficult job Lampard has come to, but I do hope he is given a fair crack at the whip - not going to be easy to turn our fortunes around given the tool currently at his disposal. 

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

The way this transfer window is going and the calibre of players that maybe coming here in McNeil Cornett and Barkley, it wouldn’t surprise me if Lampard walks before the end of October. 

At least we seem to have a plan in the market. It’s going to be a tough year but first team experience for Myko, Godfrey, Patterson, Gordon & Mcneil who are all young.

We’ve still got some good players who are in their prime ( Pickford, DCL, Tarkwoski & Mina ). First time in many seasons I feel like we are building a squad with a plan. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

The way this transfer window is going and the calibre of players that maybe coming here in McNeil Cornett and Barkley, it wouldn’t surprise me if Lampard walks before the end of October. 

Why?. He’s not exactly a world class manager that would have many options. If Frank wants to move up in the world of football then he’s in the perfect place now.

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

He came her knowing full well the financial constraints we have so walking would do him no good at all. I want to give him the time to succeed with the players and coaching staff he has.

Just like the transfer rumors I have been hearing plenty of rubbish on social media and blogs about Lampard being out of his depth, wanting to walk or should walk blah blah blah. Just pundits and wanna be journalist trying to sound off and justify their time or increase there profile. The more outlandish or controversial there comment just seems to fuel their platform. These view are no more valid and usually less well informed or researched than all our own varied and differing opinions on site forum.

Lampard is a hard working professional who wants to succeed as a coach just has he did as a player. Everton is a tough job, just ask his half dozen predessesors. He'll be under no illusions about how tough this job is at this moment in time, but it is a big job at a big club and he will want to make a success of it. 

46 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Just like the transfer rumors I have been hearing plenty of rubbish on social media and blogs about Lampard being out of his depth, wanting to walk or should walk blah blah blah. Just pundits and wanna be journalist trying to sound off and justify their time or increase there profile. The more outlandish or controversial there comment just seems to fuel their platform. These view are no more valid and usually less well informed or researched than all our own varied and differing opinions on site forum.

Lampard is a hard working professional who wants to succeed as a coach just has he did as a player. Everton is a tough job, just ask his half dozen predessesors. He'll be under no illusions about how tough this job is at this moment in time, but it is a big job at a big club and he will want to make a success of it. 

But he will also require the backing from the board on his transfer requirements, he may not be scared of hard work, but also he won’t keep banging his head against a brick wall and getting no where. I would put my neck on the line and say that Tark would have been the only 1 out of the 3 he had on his radar at the end of last season, Vin is definitely a Thirwell signing who doesn’t inspire me, McNeil is also a strange one again another player who wasn’t a first or second choice I believe at the end of last season, I’ve seen and read a few stats on how good he is at 3 or 4 elements and how most on here rate him. I can’t help thinking if he was that good why he wasn’t snapped up earlier by someone or why we weren’t in a battle with 2 or 3 others to get him as we were with Tark, not uplifted or inspired by our business so far this window, and if the truth be known neither will Lampard. 

Despite losing Richarlison, which hurts - I think we’ve built a better squad so far with more depth. We’ve lost a quality player so we really need someone to step up, I’m hoping this is Gordon’s real break out year for goals & assists to fill the  Richarlison size void.

Edited by Btay

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Despite losing Richarlison, which hurts - I think we’ve built a better squad so far with more depth. We’ve lost a quality player so we really need someone to step up, I’m hoping this is Gordon’s real break our year for goals & assists to fill that Richarlison size void.

Gordon will be our big hope next season, a lot of pressure for him but he will hopefully thrive on it, whether others can back him up will have to be seen. But like you I have huge faith and belief in the lad. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gordon will be our big hope next season, a lot of pressure for him but he will hopefully thrive on it, whether others can back him up will have to be seen. But like you I have huge faith and belief in the lad. 

Absolutely agree. I really hope he has a great season, could see how much it meant to him last year. 

On 03/08/2022 at 19:56, Gwlad all over said:

More than happy with Jordan as captain. Won't stand any nonsense.

Thing is you’ve got to be pretty reliable to be a captain. Pickford was all over the place on Saturday, he often is.  I’d sooner he is responsible for focusing on his game, far too snarky and confrontational with his teammates and unless you have a blottless copybook you can’t be like that.

tarkowski for me. 

3 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Totally agree that Tarkowski has to be nailed on as captain but I think he needs to be at the club a little longer. I do prefer outfield players to have the armband.

I think he’ll be a massive shout to take over from Coleman once he calls it a day. That should give him a season (maybe two) to get his feet under the table. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’ve met Damian Hughes as he did a few seminars in my last company.

Class act, makes very logical but so often missed observations in human behaviour…. One that had me laughing was “the stressed man arriving home from work”….. he said the first 2 minutes are crucial for the rest of you night.    If you go in ready to vent whilst your kids are showing you pictures they’ve made and you give it the “give me 2 minutes please!”  You’ve had it…. Your mrs will have lost any sympathy you may have gotten if you just show true engagement and love, you will get the cup of coffee and a hug once you’ve entered the door in the right mindset. 

I’ve probably worded that shite, but he spoke in a way that sets lightbulbs off. SAF used him a lot, but SAF didn’t really need him by all accounts as as was instinctively brilliant and has a stupidly high EQ. 

We need to be honest and forthright about how well Frank is doing. Yes he managed to create a synergy between our boys on the pitch and us which helped last season. For that we’re forever indebted to him but in all seriousness should we be focusing on the shitness of other teams giving him breathing space to get things right eventually. We’re 2 games in to season of unknown challenges thanks to the World Cup. Results are important now, the confidence of the team and the mental health of us supporters need it  

The next game for Lampard is huge lose to Forrest and the pressure is on him and his team and tactics, not for once suggesting it’s a make or break game to early in the season for that, but the but is it will show that our progress isn’t being reflected in points or wins and this is definitely a results industry. Lose to Forrest and things are going to get much tougher.