IGNORED

Frank Lampard

If I was a relationship guidance councillor, I would be saying take things a little slower you are falling in love to soon, you’ve had your hearts broken so many times in the past by doing the same thing, let’s not get to carried away and let’s see where we are after 4/5 games, otherwise it could all end in tears 😭 😂👍

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

If I was a relationship guidance councillor, I would be saying take things a little slower you are falling in love to soon, you’ve had your hearts broken so many times in the past by doing the same thing, let’s not get to carried away and let’s see where we are after 4/5 games, otherwise it could all end in tears 😭 😂👍

Nah. I’m ready to get married, no pre nup.

On 03/02/2022 at 18:21, Bailey said:

I really dont see Ashley Cole being a good coach. I have watched him as a pundit and he has been crap there. He also doesnt strike me as the sharpest tool in the box either. 

Then again, someone like Neville who does talk a lot of sense most of the time couldnt hack it as a manager (albeit in Spain) so who knows! 

Lampard had him in the media box and he was with a group of analysts.

Cole is highly rated as a coach. You don’t get to be an elite full back who marked Ronaldo out of practically every game without football intelligence. 

“I did my UEFA coaching badges with Ashley Cole,” said O’Hara. “And he was fantastic. 

“His knowledge of the game is incredible. His defensive side and the technical aspects of where to put yourself. How to set up drills defensively for coaching was absolutely phenomenal.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Cole is highly rated as a coach. You don’t get to be an elite full back who marked Ronaldo out of practically every game without football intelligence. 

“I did my UEFA coaching badges with Ashley Cole,” said O’Hara. “And he was fantastic. 

“His knowledge of the game is incredible. His defensive side and the technical aspects of where to put yourself. How to set up drills defensively for coaching was absolutely phenomenal.

This is the reason: Our defence needs better coaching. I'm impressed with the number and calibre of coaches we've brought in.

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

This is the reason: Our defence needs better coaching. I'm impressed with the number and calibre of coaches we've brought in.

I agree, this is what bodes well for us now - I think it is a good mix of experience (Paul Clement) and young modern up and coming coaches who have bags of fairly recent Premiership and European experience (either coaching or playing).

If the players here can't get inspired with the opportunity now if front of them, they never will be. 

On 07/02/2022 at 11:50, Hafnia said:

To be a good football coach you need a lot more than just football intelligence! Otherwise the best players in the world would always be the best coaches.

Quoting Jamie fucking O'Hara isn't going to convince me either. 

24 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be a good football coach you need a lot more than just football intelligence! Otherwise the best players in the world would always be the best coaches.

Kept your powder dry on that one

I see Football Intelligence differently Most footballers have physical and technical ability. Football intelligence is what Arsene Wenger had (amongst other things) and he never played the game.

Now I agree you need other things like emotional intelligence to make it as a great coach but frankly our team just need someone who has football intelligence right now....where to stand and run seems to be a challenge.

On 08/02/2022 at 22:00, Bailey said:

You said you don’t see Cole as being a good coach and went on about his punditry and that he doesn’t strike you as the sharpest tool in the box…..

so I assume those 2 factors are what you are looking at in your assumption that he wouldn’t make a good coach….

feel free to draw on the other reasons that he wouldn’t make a good coach but based on what you said about him not being the sharpest tool in the box I think you are talking about intelligence. 

he was a bloody intelligent footballer without question. Lee carsley was intelligent as a footballer and has cole working under him…. He’s highly rated as a coach too. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

You said you don’t see Cole as being a good coach and went on about his punditry and that he doesn’t strike you as the sharpest tool in the box…..

so I assume those 2 factors are what you are looking at in your assumption that he wouldn’t make a good coach….

feel free to draw on the other reasons that he wouldn’t make a good coach but based on what you said about him not being the sharpest tool in the box I think you are talking about intelligence. 

he was a bloody intelligent footballer without question. Lee carsley was intelligent as a footballer and has cole working under him…. He’s highly rated as a coach too. 

I have watched and listened to Cole and I don't see or hear that football intelligence. There is no doubt he could play the game to a very high level, but that doesn't make him a good coach. 

When you look at elite level coaches they are highly intelligent people in their area of expertise. When you hear them speak they have an insight into the game that you don't get from most others. When I have seen and heard from Cole, I have thought the opposite. 

He may turn out to be a very good coach but it would surprise me based on what I have seen/heard or him. I admit that isn't a lot.

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I have watched and listened to Cole and I don't see or hear that football intelligence. There is no doubt he could play the game to a very high level, but that doesn't make him a good coach. 

When you look at elite level coaches they are highly intelligent people in their area of expertise. When you hear them speak they have an insight into the game that you don't get from most others. When I have seen and heard from Cole, I have thought the opposite. 

He may turn out to be a very good coach but it would surprise me based on what I have seen/heard or him. I admit that isn't a lot.

being a pundit is in no way an indication to their ability as a coach.  To me he comes across as being shy on the tv, it’s no marker of intelligence.  They get asked specific questions and they may disagree with views of others but don’t want to get all hoity toity on National tv.     

what elite level coaches are you talking about where their intelligence comes through on tv? 

He has forgotten more than most people would ever know about football matches and managing situations…. He has been part of two rock solid premier league defences playing under some of the most tactically demanding managers. Yet you are judging his intelligence on how he speaks on tv. 

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We’ve read the bollocks you spout on here for about ten years (maybe more), but we don’t tell everyone that you’re not intelligent. If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. So I’ll say nothing. 
😂

20 hours ago, Hafnia said:

being a pundit is in no way an indication to their ability as a coach.  To me he comes across as being shy on the tv, it’s no marker of intelligence.  They get asked specific questions and they may disagree with views of others but don’t want to get all hoity toity on National tv.     

what elite level coaches are you talking about where their intelligence comes through on tv? 

He has forgotten more than most people would ever know about football matches and managing situations…. He has been part of two rock solid premier league defences playing under some of the most tactically demanding managers. Yet you are judging his intelligence on how he speaks on tv. 

How is it not an indication? He is describing moments in football games and they are basic comments that he makes.

Maybe he cant express himself well but if he cant do that in that situation, the chances of him doing that as a coach are also low (IMO).

You only have to look at when Lampard when on MNF. His analysis was far superior to a lot of other pundits and players they have. 

There is no doubting that he can impart some knowledge onto the players, especially the younger ones because of his experience but that doesnt not make him a good coach in elite level football. 

19 hours ago, StevO said:

We’ve read the bollocks you spout on here for about ten years (maybe more), but we don’t tell everyone that you’re not intelligent. If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all. So I’ll say nothing. 
😂

First Shukes & Palfy and now you are at it! 🤣

@Hafnia

Following your attached tweet, I have had a look at his Twitter page and he has certainly shown a lot more on there than I have seen on TV. Maybe there is an element of him not being as able to translate information on screen? 

Some of the things he has said about Phillips are things I have said about him in the past so maybe there is hope for him! 🤣

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

@Hafnia

Following your attached tweet, I have had a look at his Twitter page and he has certainly shown a lot more on there than I have seen on TV. Maybe there is an element of him not being as able to translate information on screen? 

Some of the things he has said about Phillips are things I have said about him in the past so maybe there is hope for him! 🤣

He might just feel a bit exposed on a TV set, knowing millions could be watching and how much he’ll get crucified if he says something wrong or even stutters and mumbles his words. I think he’ll feel a lot more comfortable on a training pitch with a bunch of footballers, most of who could only dream of having a career like his. Hopefully our players can learn what it takes to be successful from the new staff. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

He might just feel a bit exposed on a TV set, knowing millions could be watching and how much he’ll get crucified if he says something wrong or even stutters and mumbles his words. I think he’ll feel a lot more comfortable on a training pitch with a bunch of footballers, most of who could only dream of having a career like his. Hopefully our players can learn what it takes to be successful from the new staff. 

Maybe... but he also doesnt strike me as a shy person either... maybe I just have him conpletely wrong 🤣